Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flies

Options
  • 23-06-2009 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi all. Just going to throw this out there again as no replys last time.

Where would i go about looking for a pike fly called the BALLYDOOLAGH BOMBER introduced by alan hanna. I've hunted with no success. I'm open to other suggestions for fly patterns.

Also looking for some advice on fly selction for rainbow stockies at this time of year. Some people telling me about fry imitations during the day and sedge in the evening. exact names would be useful. Are these wet or dry flies? does anyone else have any suggestions?

Can wait to get out there!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭cookey-1

hi i cant help you with the pike fly BALLYDOOLAGH BOMBER
    But i find for rainbow stocked trout thees 3 worked for me all year round
    1,black pennel
    2,fiery brown
    3,professor
    thes 3 ar wets and trust me they work get them in size 10 heavy hook and use floating line gr8 on a dull windy day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

I'm pretty sure that Southside Angling used to sell the Bombers - I haven't been in there in a few years so I can't say for sure whether or not they still do.

Pike aren't too picky - any 6 to 8 inch (or bigger - if you can throw it they will eat it) streamer-type fly should do the trick.

If I had to pick just one fly for stockies it would be an olive damsel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 prentice

Advertisement