Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arklow - TV/Broadband Options

• 23-06-2009 2:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently purchased a house in Meadowvale and will be moving in shortly.

Just wondering what tv and broadband options are available in that estate.

I know you can get Sky satellite for sure and I'm pretty certain that Eircom can look after broadband but I just want to make there aren't any other options available to me that I overlooked e.g. UPC/NTL/Chorus etc

If anyone from the area can offer some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

UPC/chorus are available in the town but only in cabled areas.
    You'll be able to get reasonable RTE and TV3/TG4 with the right uhf/vhf aerial combination.
    At present reasonable reception of ITV/BBC/Channel4 wales is available on an aerial also but those welsh transmitters are being switched to digital from next month and by september will be fully digital which will mean less reliable reception.
    It wont mean you won't get them,you will need at least an mpeg 2 or 4 capable tv though and an aerial pointed at preseli realistically which mightnt be possible at meadowvale.
    Most of the town uses the arfon welsh transmitter and it's digital will be at much lower power unfortunately.

Eircom or any of the other land line providers should be able to do broadband for you.

Wireless options like irish broadbands breeze product is available-thats 4mb at 455 a month.
    I can't vouch for what it's like though.

permanet is also probably available.

Advertisement