Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mullingar- Lake County

Options
  • 23-06-2009 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi, Does anyone know when there opening the lake county again? I know there working on the night club at the moment.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Haven't heard anything yet... I just heard that it was guy who has Mojos who's opening it and he's closing Mojos once it opens but you know how chinese whispers go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Sure I've only been living in Mullingar ten months now and each of those months Mojo's was supposed to close :pac: I honestly can't see a reason as to why they'd close it. It may not be as busy as the Fence (god I hate the Fence) but it's unique compared to the rest, I love that it has three sections to kind of "escape" when the dance area gets to be too much/too loud.

If it does close I'll be sorely disappointed. I can only take so much of the Fence and the late bars (Danny's and the Greville) are awful imo. Heard the Lane Club's nothing special either.. and Spin on a weekend, well.. :eek:

Where is the new place opening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭phoenix-MT

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah thats doesnt make much sense as to why youd pump money into another club if your shutting your current one??? hmmm but as you said, chinese whispers eh, you never know haha

Its the lake county, next to druids chair, theyve been doing alot of work down spoutwell lane just wondered if any1 knew anthing.

Thanks anyway :)

phoenix-MT wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.

Yeah thats doesnt make much sense as to why youd pump money into another club if your shutting your current one??? hmmm but as you said, chinese whispers eh, you never know haha

I heard mention of a Joe Dolan museum...

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭richiepoorman

Not sure when it is due to open again, but there was a planning notice in this weeks "Westmeath Examier" regarding the place, so what ever is happening he now has planning for it.
    The sooner it opens the better as any competion in the town can only be a good thing.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

god i hope something opens soon,im pretty much sick of mullingar tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 muttingaa

I definitely would not recommend the Lane
    The doorstaff are a bad bunch.
    Your personal safety is not guaranteed in that kip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭fakefurbabe

Someone told me that it's €10 to get into the Lane, is that right? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

muttingaa wrote: »

Heard the same actually. Aren't they a lot of ex-bouncers from Spin? Heard there's some silly feud of sorts going on. No idea the truth of it; you know how gossip goes.

liah wrote: »
    Heard the same actually. Aren't they a lot of ex-bouncers from Spin?

I wouldn't be surprised given the guy who has the Lane used to have Spin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 irisheyez

mandz wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised given the guy who has the Lane used to have Spin

I met the guy who owns the Lane, its his first foray into nightclubs. He just wants to start as he means to go on and attract a good crowd. bouncers shouldn't bother you if your acting normal, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭MariMel

I only go down to mullingar about once a month and since it opened its the lane club I have been going to.
    Must say I have never had any hassle whatsoever from the doorstaff. I believe that no matter where you go that if you behave appropriately that most door staff respond accordingly regardless of the susposedly 'mean' reputations.
    As far as I know the price changes depending on the day but i dont think its ever more than €10.
    Have to say that its also where I was thinking of ending up on my hen night in the coming weeks too.....and i wouldnt do that if i thought there would be any hassle inside the club or indeed from the door staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 grmel

I have been in the Lane club on many occasions and I have to say that i found the door staff to be polite and courtious. My other half in in fact a door man in another club and I am just wondering why you felt that your safety was not guarented?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 eugene murray

Could you please explain why you do not feel safe in the lane club and why the door staff are a bad bunch. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 patbrady877

i heard its for sale at mo, i know a guy who done some work on it and says is class - huge upstairs beer garden

• Registered Users Posts: 11 irisheyez

New DJ starting too, anyone hear what its like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 hgeogheg

I've been in The Lane a good few times since its opened, door staff are always fine, bar staff are also good and no massive wait to get served, as for it been a kip? Its really well done up and miles ahead of any of the other late night venues in the town. Yes its E10 in a the w/e but think its E5 on Thursday nights. When you consider The Fence charge E11 for what you get its not over priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 brutbouncers

there ****

Advertisement