Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC & Setanta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Ya its true I've seen the advertisements :D

Its starting at 8 on Setanta Ireland.
    Hopefully its the full event and not just the prelims.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

prelims arent shown on any channel. I think they show the first hour of the main show and then cut off. thats what they did previously anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

Dana just tweeted the following: "Hang tight we will be on tv. Either setanta or bravo. We are working on it"

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

Bravo FTW!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

if its on bravo, surely it'll be on the sunday like before?

really hope not, looking forward to an evening of beers and ufc at a decent hour (god i feel so old saying that)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Bravo FTW!!!
    Fcuk no!!Not live and constant commercials before rounds,after rounds,between fights,after introductions,before decisions used to piss me off to no end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

Setanta do that aswell don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

_oveless wrote: »
    Setanta do that aswell don't they?
    Setanta show it live and the only ads are between fights which doesnt bother me.Throwing ads on between rounds and before decisions does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Bravo FTW!!!

No thanks. UFC being shown on Bravo started me downloading it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

if its on bravo, surely it'll be on the sunday like before?

really hope not, looking forward to an evening of beers and ufc at a decent hour (god i feel so old saying that)

I thought he was talking about long term they would have something worked out and that this weekend would still go ahead on Setanta on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

I believe a rescue package has been sorted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

just as long as they make it through saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Hmmmm, does the Ufc really bring in enough for them to avoid any fat trimming that's bound to go on?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Roper wrote: »
    Hmmmm, does the Ufc really bring in enough for them to avoid any fat trimming that's bound to go on?

The UFC is consistently the second most watched thing on Setanta Sports 1 after football. The last week that data is available for has football in spots 1-8 in the most watched shows, apart from The Ultimate Fighter at number 4 and Unleashed at 6. Poker's number 9 and golf's number 10. In weeks where there's a live show the UFC always does even better, so I really can't see them being in danger of being cut

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

Fozzy wrote: »
    The UFC is consistently the second most watched thing on Setanta Sports 1 after football. The last week that data is available for has football in spots 1-8 in the most watched shows, apart from The Ultimate Fighter at number 4 and Unleashed at 6. Poker's number 9 and golf's number 10. In weeks where there's a live show the UFC always does even better, so I really can't see them being in danger of being cut

thats for their repeat showing of tuf9?

cmb. wrote: »
    thats for their repeat showing of tuf9?

Wednesday the 27th of May at 10pm. That's a repeat from Virgin 1, right? I don't have Setanta myself. You can see the figures at www.barb.co.uk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

It looks like this is the end so. UFC 100 on Bravo seems the most likely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Fozzy wrote: »
    It looks like this is the end so. UFC 100 on Bravo seems the most likely

Ah feck! Will they show it live? Pain having to wait till sunday evening to watch it.

If it is not shown live I will acquire it the following morning ad free.

Have Bravo ever shown anything live? I don't think so

Not that I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Yeah unlikely to be live on Bravo. Maybe Virgin 1 will pick it up and run it live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

After last nights coverage i really hope setanta lose it! Breaks inbetween rounds, breaks instead of entrances, full tilt poppin up every 2 f.ing minutes absolutly ridiculous!and the ads you can tell were sold off cheap to local irish companies to try get a bit of revenue going. And still advertising premiership football they dont have, business as usual my hole!!:mad:

Good ridance setanta!

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

After last nights coverage i really hope setanta lose it! Breaks inbetween rounds, breaks instead of entrances, full tilt poppin up every 2 f.ing minutes absolutly ridiculous!and the ads you can tell were sold off cheap to local irish companies to try get a bit of revenue going. And still advertising premiership football they dont have, business as usual my hole!!:mad:

Good ridance setanta!

maybe your new to all this but the ad breaks between rounds, no ring enterances etc was due to the us broadcast and setanta just put their own ads on at these times - setanta have always shown full events unlike bravo who would cut a 3hr ppv down to 2 1/4 hours doing everything you (wrongly) accuse setanta of doing

cmb. wrote: »
    maybe your new to all this but the ad breaks between rounds, no ring enterances etc was due to the us broadcast and setanta just put their own ads on at these times - setanta have always shown full events unlike bravo who would cut a 3hr ppv down to 2 1/4 hours doing everything you (wrongly) accuse setanta of doing

Yeah, the show last night was aired on Spike TV in the US, not PPV, they had ads during it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

Hopefully spike dont get many more. It really was too much

• Advertisement

Hopefully spike dont get many more. It really was too much

They get all Fight Nights and Ultimate Fighter Finales, as well as the odd European show

To be honest, I'd rather the entrances get cut off from some fights than to keep them in and lose a fight like Stevenson/Diaz

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement