Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

• 23-06-2009 3:30pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Stupid boards search won't let me find my old thread but Garou: Mark of the Wolves is out tomorrow for 800 MS points. Hope I have enough left over for this and the next two fallout 3 add ons.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

i assume a full compliment of online options is included...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If it's anything like Samurai Showdown 2 then I'm sure there will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

i assume a full compliment of online options is included...

There's a few online achievements so it's safe to assume there will be online play.It's been on ggpo for a good while tooo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Fantastic game. didn't get anywhere near the recognition that it deserved. Shame really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Will be picking this up I reckon, only played it a couple of times on 2DF but really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Garou is 3S's more focused, less friendly little brother.
    I used to play the sh!t outta that on Kawaks, but then I discovered how you're SUPPOSED to play it... and I got scared.

Don't buy it!
    Dandy J wrote:
    Yo, NO ONE buy Garou. There are no mufti person lobbies, just 1v1 in a room, and there is HOST ADVANTAGE online. Yes, that's right, one person has 0 lag and the other person has horrendous input lag. **** SNK, don't give them your money for this dog ****. Play Garou on GGPO or 2DF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Oh dear...
    well, I don't even have a 360! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Davey909

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Don't buy it!

To late, already did. Only played a bit of arcade mode to get a feel for it, didn't try the online yet. Hope its not as bad as you say, seems like a cool game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Davey909 wrote: »
    To late, already did. Only played a bit of arcade mode to get a feel for it, didn't try the online yet. Hope its not as bad as you say, seems like a cool game.

well then just plug in your pad to your PC and play it on 2DF, hell you already gave them your money so you may as well if the online is bad that is. Play it on the console for single player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Play it on the console for single player.

Or... only play it online when you are hosting the match :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Davey909

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    well then just plug in your pad to your PC and play it on 2DF, hell you already gave them your money so you may as well if the online is bad that is. Play it on the console for single player.

Yeah, good point. If it turns out to be as sh1te as reported then I might have a go setting that up

Yeah there seems to be absolutely no reason to play this online on 360 rather than 2DF.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well I bought it anyway, had some points left over and SNK deserve the support. Will probably play over 2DF when I get better. Seems to be a very technical fighter like third strike but with even more options from what little I played. I'll tell you one thing, it's absolutely gorgeous. The animation is excellent but the backgrounds are beautiful and change with each round in some cases. Really puts 3S's mostly static backgrounds to shame.

I don't think SNK deserve the support for doing an absolutely no-effort port and ignoring online play almost completely as usual. Doesn't bode well for KOFXII either. Good to hear you're enjoying the game, though, I'm crap as well so we should play over 2DF sometime! :pac:

Might be worth putting a note in the OP about the quality of the online play.

Advertisement