Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock or Fallout 3?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

You can probably pick Bioshock up for under €10 these days. You'd be crazy not to buy both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Gorilla

Sorry, I guess what I'm trying to ask, is Fallout 3 glitchy or not? If I install it to the hard drive will it run ok?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Bioshock wasn't great TBH. Good story, interesting setting but the gameplay sucked balls.
    Fallout 3 was epic, it was a major imporvement over Oblivion in terms of storytelling.

They're both very different games tho.

I didn't have a single issue with Fallout on my xbox either on or off the HDD.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 beefygrandmole

my game glitched alot when i got it so i put it on the harddrive and it worked great except for once when i tried to save a town by fixing old robots to protect them but the scrapped robots weren't there and to load it again a nd try a different way

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,352 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Didn't find Fallout 3 that glitchy, not gamebreaking glitchy anyway. Only serious one I found was that it crashed after about an 8 hour play session.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks alot everyone for replying. I think I will try getting them both.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I bought Fallout for €30 in gamestop before christmas. They even gave me the special collectors edition. I think there was a thread about it here. Maybe you'll get a good deal on it second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The special edition is back at 60euro now. I got it at the same time as yourself.

*pats little bobblehead*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Gorilla wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking to buy a new game and I,ve narrowed it down to either Fallout 3 or Bioshock. I,ve decided these two because my internet connection is bad and I'm looking for a good singleplayer game.

I really like the look of Fallout 3 but my main worry is that it'll be really glitchy.

So I was wondering if anyone could tell me what its like?

Basically Bioshock or Fallout 3?

Thanks.

Fallout 3 has a ton of replayability, and looks nice. Bioshock has no replayability and looks AMAZING. I spent far more time on Fallout 3, and enjoyed it far more.

Both have awesome soundtracks, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Kareir

Bioshock was the best game I played in a good while when I first got it, Fallout was a bit disappointing for me. Oblivion was much better, and I had been told it was "oblivion with guns".. Nope. Bioshock all the way!

_kar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Having played both I would go with Bioshock. I got bored with Fallout. Bioshock has a far more compelling environment and story!

I completely disagree about that its the same thing over and over
    kill the splicers oh heres a big daddy wow Snore
    The story line is alright but the action in it is the same everytime.
    I prefer Fallout 3 more playing time and with the 3 DLC packs its hours of time however exploring all the places in fallout will make the game labourous and boring.
    But out of the two I still think fallout has the most compelling story and more interesing gameplay

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pogmothone

Snakeblood wrote: »
    Fallout 3 has a ton of replayability, and looks nice. Bioshock has no replayability and looks AMAZING. I spent far more time on Fallout 3, and enjoyed it far more.

Both have awesome soundtracks, too.

Haha the soundtrace in Fallout is almost non existant......Most of the time its just one radio station with the same 4 or five songs......... Know them off by heart now....Found myself singing them in the shower and all.......
    I'D go 60-40 in favout of fallout....(Cleared both)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rascal77

Fallout for sure.When Bioshock is over,it's over.Fallout has multiple sidequests and dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I was going to buy Bioshock today, but I didn't think it looked good. Have played fallout for ages and it is one of those games were you will get addicted no problem. FAllout all the way. Any advice on bioshock?

Well I,ve ordered both games from Play.com and there now on the way. I think I'll play Bioshock first as a good guy, then move on to Fallout 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

get both...they are both mesmeric master pieces of modern gaming...can't really compare them..its like comparing "blade runner" to "alien"....they are both great in their own way.....but be warned.....especially with fallout 3....if you have an active life and good sleeping patterns.....you can kiss them goodbye...:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Evolute wrote: »
    The story line is alright but the action in it is the same everytime.
    I prefer Fallout 3 more playing time and with the 3 DLC packs its hours of time however exploring all the places in fallout will make the game labourous and boring.
    But out of the two I still think fallout has the most compelling story and more interesing gameplay

Not to be a smart arse, but the original poster said he didn't have a good internet connection and hence wouldn't be able avail of the DLC for Fallout. And while we're on that matter, version 1.0 that he would get from buying it in the shop would be the inherently glitchy "first edition" of the game, and because he (i'm presuming you're a bloke) doesn't have an internet connection would not be able to update the game and cure it of it's faults.

So he would need to get the game that was the more polished game from point of publishing, and for that my vote goes for Bioshock.

*breaths out*

duploelabs wrote: »
    Not to be a smart arse, but the original poster said he didn't have a good internet connection and hence wouldn't be able avail of the DLC for Fallout. And while we're on that matter, version 1.0 that he would get from buying it in the shop would be the inherently glitchy "first edition" of the game, and because he (i'm presuming you're a bloke) doesn't have an internet connection would not be able to update the game and cure it of it's faults.

So he would need to get the game that was the more polished game from point of publishing, and for that my vote goes for Bioshock.

*breaths out*
    Um, well not to be a smart arse duploelabs but, if you actually read my first post you would have seen this bit here:
    Gorilla wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking to buy a new game and I,ve narrowed it down to either Fallout 3 or Bioshock. I,ve decided these two because my internet connection is bad and I'm looking for a good singleplayer game.

I really like the look of Fallout 3 but my main worry is that it'll be really glitchy.

So I was wondering if anyone could tell me what its like?

Basically Bioshock or Fallout 3?

Thanks.
    Not to worry though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

apologies, my point was made on the premise that you'd no connection at all, whoops:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

If anyone is interested Game have Fallout 3 and the pitt & anchorage expansion disks in a double box set for 50 euro. New.

• Advertisement

get fallout3 its way better

Advertisement