Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfering music for Nokia 5800

• 23-06-2009 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭

There is a CD ROM inside the box that is the size of a biscuit. Im afraid to slide it into the laptop incase it get stuck.

is there any other way of getting the software?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

On Vista... Download pcsuite from the Nokia site, install it and plug in the phone using the USB and wait for the configuration to do its thing. Make sure you select media transfer on the 5800. Then go into Windows Media player and you will see the 5800 listed as a device. Select your music and drag it to the 5800 panel. When done click on sync.

There is a CD ROM inside the box that is the size of a biscuit. Im afraid to slide it into the laptop incase it get stuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you look at the cdtray you should see an inner ring that the cd will sit perfectly.

You can download it from the nokia site if you want. For just music you do not need to, once you connect the phone, it should install the drivers you need automatically, and then use windows media player sync tab you transfer music, with the option to do it automatically every time you reconnect the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Will try this.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Davy wrote: »
    If you look at the cdtray you should see an inner ring that the cd will sit perfectly.

I have one of those trays that sucks the cd in so I cant place it on the tray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I have one of those trays that sucks the cd in so I cant place it on the tray.

You can use windows media player 11 to sync music to and from your 5800 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Or put the memory card into a card reader :pac:

How many more options is there :D

Advertisement