Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Belfast

• 23-06-2009 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

:confused:hi i hope some one can help we are moveing to belfast as soon as posable we are a muslim family hubby from morocco me i was born in belfast but moved away when i was about 3 months we used to live on donagal road anyway we have 2 kids so i want some were save 4 them we were offerd a flat on crumlin road not seen it yet we going this sat to look is it a safe place would u say ore could u give me some names of places u would recamend please please get back to me as soon as posable thank u :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

menna wrote: »
    :confused:hi i hope some one can help we are moveing to belfast as soon as posable we are a muslim family hubby from morocco me i was born in belfast but moved away when i was about 3 months we used to live on donagal road anyway we have 2 kids so i want some were save 4 them we were offerd a flat on crumlin road not seen it yet we going this sat to look is it a safe place would u say ore could u give me some names of places u would recamend please please get back to me as soon as posable thank u :)

I would definitely steer clear of the Donegal Road and Crumlin Road. Try South Belfast (avoiding the village area). Try propertynews.com or daft.ie. Feel free to check about any other places you hear about.
    All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 menna

hi thanks 4 that so u say try south will have a look dont want to look at letting agancies i would rather get a number in paper do u no were the mosque is in belfast it says wellington park can u tell me is it on south side ore could u give me some names of places in south side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

hi thanks 4 that so u say try south will have a look dont want to look at letting agancies i would rather get a number in paper do u no were the mosque is in belfast it says wellington park can u tell me is it on south side ore could u give me some names of places in south side

yes wellington park is in south belfast (postcode is BT9). ask for places with that postcode. good areas are malone, stranmillis and some parts of the lisburn road. another places to avoid is the 'holylands' which is full of students. try the belfast telegraph on a thursday night for properties.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 menna

thanks 4 that milly4ever i will try have a look i not be in belfast till tomarrow so will get it tomarrow and see hope i find something i only have 3 weeks left hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

not be in belfast till tomarrow so will get it tomarrow

also check out "the mortgage shop"(I think is its name), theres a couple of them in town centre, 1 near city hall, 1 near corn market. They usually have a little stand outside with a property paper, I'm not sure if they have rental properties but worth a try...and its free :eek::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Don't go anywhere where there are British flags, Ulster flags, Scotland flags, Isreali flags, Orange order flags, red and white bunting, Loyalist murals, UDR murals, commerative murals for the Britsh Army or the Somme or where there are Orange Arches or red/white/blue kerb stones. All these areas are loyalist areas and there are people resident here who abhor foreigners, people of different religion and/or skin colour.

July is a good time to identify where not to live as these areas come alive with reprobates and their colours are on brazen display together with their big bonfires.

Avoid Donegall Road, Donegall Pass, Ormeau Road, Newtownards Road.
    In general North Belfast is crap too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 snakebite

Menna,

Assalamu ‘alaykum

Please do be careful, lately there has been an increase in racial intimidation incidents in certain parts of the city , including ones that you have mentioned..

I have worked very closely with NICEM , (Northern Ireland Council for Ethnic Minorities) and they can advise you on areas that you may wish to stay clear of .

Here are NICEM's details : feel free to call them, they are professional and discreet , also the Belfast Islamic Centre may be a useful contact http://www.belfastislamiccentre.org.uk/NR/

http://www.nicem.org.uk/

Bettawfeeq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Benandonner

Stranmillis/Malone. Full of rich people, you won't get any hassle.

Advertisement