Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you get Broadband WITHOUT Line rental outside Dublin?

Options
  • 23-06-2009 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi all,

I am curious as to whether it is possible to have a decent broadband connection without paying for a phone, as we don't use it and the free calls to other landlines we currently have are pointless because we only relaly ring mobiles.

Thanks for you help,
    holly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

UPC, Digiweb Metro, Irish Broadband's products, Clearwire, any local WISP, midband, any of these don't require line rental.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Wireless.

Or do you mean can you get broadband over the phoneline without having to pay line rental? If thats what you mean then the answer is no.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Cable or Wireless. A very few places Fibre.

Not on a phone line anywhere in the State

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

we currently have are pointless because we only relaly ring mobiles.

I think Ireland is full of people who have broadband and free (or nearly free) landline calls who spend their time talking to each other at high cost on their mobiles! No wonder the mobile companies here are so profitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

where do you live? we could probably give you a list of options if you gave us a clue to where in the country you are. other than outside dublin. ;)

i'm in navan and have 20mbps UPC broadband with no phoneline. well i have the one that UPC provide, but it's not on the eircom phoneline, it's (sort of) a voip service via the broadband modem. i don't have to have it though, i can get their broadband with no other services if i like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement