Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster won't reissue ticket

Options
  • 23-06-2009 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Long story short my ticket for the AC/DC ticket this coming Sunday in Punchestown is lost in Canada. Hasn't got a hope of being used by me or anyone else.

I called ticketmaster and they won't reissue it - even though I bought it online, under my usual account and can see it in my online account section. They say they won't reissue lost general admission tickets.

I asked them to cancel the original ticket and reissue a new one and they won't.

Have called them twice about it and was completely civil and polite both times. Asked to speak to a supervisor at the end of the second call and wasn't allowed!! Refused my request point blank a number of times.

Is there anything I can do about this??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 irishspark

Simple as is.... "I have never received my tickets." They will re issue new ones for ya straight away. Unless you got tickets and signed for them, if they came in general post then they will re issue them.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Long story short my ticket for the AC/DC ticket this coming Sunday in Punchestown is lost in Canada. Hasn't got a hope of being used by me or anyone else.

Is there anything I can do about this??

Not sure why you'd bring your ticket to Canada. Anyway, according to the Ticketmaster website ( http://www.ticketmaster.ie/h/lost_stolen.html ) "General admission tickets cannot be replaced. Keep them in a safe place"

So, based on that, there is nothing you can do. It is not Ticketmaster's fault that you don't have them to hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Already made the STOOPID mistake of being honest when I called and said I had just misplaced it. Thought there'd be no issue cancelling the original against my account and reissuing a new one. My mistake.

And when she asked for my order number I foolishly gave it over - so I'm guessing there's a big virtual post-it against it now saying I called and the ticket's lost.

Sickened by them, I really am.

It just seems so easy to cancel the original ticket and reissue another, really like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

From Ticketmaster.ie

Lost, Stolen, or Destroyed Tickets
    If you have not received your tickets within two business days prior to an event, or you notice your tickets are missing or have been destroyed, please contact customer services immediately . Be prepared with the confirmation number for your account. Our Customer Services Advisors are available to answer your questions and resolve your queries quickly and easily.

By verifying whether the tickets are replaceable, and, if they are replaceable, they will instruct you as to where and when to pick up your replacement tickets. This is normally done at the Box Office prior to the show, and the tickets are marked as "Duplicate" so that they are easily identified as the valid tickets, however Ticketmaster may require you to follow a different procedure in order to obtain the replacement tickets. If replacement tickets are to be issued, then we may require that they only be picked up by the person whose name appears on the credit card used to purchase the tickets and that that person must present the credit card used to purchase the tickets, along with a confirmation number and valid photo identification.

Tickets should always be treated like cash. General admission tickets cannot be replaced. Keep them in a safe place, away from direct heat, sunlight, and moisture. Be sure to store them where they can easily be found again. Tickets are printed on heat-sensitive paper. Any contact with higher temperatures will cause the ticket to darken or turn black, so please keep this in mind when storing. Do not attempt to laminate tickets.

So, I'd say you can get replacements except for GA, but if you never received your tickets I think you are OK. Let your conscience be your guide ;)

nipplenuts wrote: »
    So, I'd say you can get replacements except for GA, but if you never received your tickets I think you are OK. Let your conscience be your guide ;)

Too late for that, I already made the mistake of trying to be honest and reason with them. I'll know better next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Too late for that, I already made the mistake of trying to be honest and reason with them. I'll know better next time.

Friend of mine had the exact same problem with FIVE tickets for Slane.

Rang up, explained they were lost, "nothing we can do blah blah blah".

So she rings again, "Hi, I never got my tickets in the post", "Don't lie to us, we can see here that you rang before to say that you had lost them".

Just don't be honest the first time around.

Ron DMC wrote: »

I know, lesson learned.
    Friend of mine had the exact same problem with FIVE tickets for Slane.

Rang up, explained they were lost, "nothing we can do blah blah blah".

So she rings again, "Hi, I never got my tickets in the post", "Don't lie to us, we can see here that you rang before to say that you had lost them".

What happened with you friend in the end - any joy no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

I lost my tickets for Neil Young last year. Decided to print the confirmation email and bring it to the Ticketmaster office at the venue. Told them I lost my tickets and they printed two more for me without asking...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Get a bit more creative.

"Hi ticketmaster, I found the tickets I was looking for but it turns out the tickets I was looking for were not for AC/DC they were for {insert band name here}, my girlfriend thought they were for AC/DC and put them away for safe keeping but it's actually the case that I never received them at all. Can I have my replacements now?"

Oh and hope they don't read boards as I assume that is your real name Gearoid?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Try again, they might not have any "black mark" against your name, i.e. they might just have said no and be done with it. It sounds like you never even got a chance to say your name or anything so they might have no way of knowing that you previously rang up.

Even if you did say your name etc it might not be on the record so at least try again.

I have gotten GA tickets replaced before with no problem, collected at the box office with CC as ID.

www.tickets.ie are a small company who can offer you tickets at proper face value and still presumable make a decent profit, they take no extra charges, like other shops like sound cellar would. TM are charging about €7 per ticket OVER AND ABOVE a reasonable profit, and the bastards won't even reissue a ticket!?! WTF is all that money you are paying going for, it certainly is not service.

• Advertisement

Thanks TheBigLebowski - thinking outside the box, I like it!
    rubadub wrote: »
    www.tickets.ie are a small company who can offer you tickets at proper face value and still presumable make a decent profit, they take no extra charges, like other shops like sound cellar would. TM are charging about €7 per ticket OVER AND ABOVE a reasonable profit, and the bastards won't even reissue a ticket!?! WTF is all that money you are paying going for, it certainly is not service.

For what it's worth I always use tickets.ie, WAV box office etc. before considering ticketmaster. Even toutless.com can be good if you're stuck after the fact. But sometimes ticketmaster just can't be avoided - i.e. a gig that you know will sell out in seconds and you're sat at your desk when it's going on sale. The (extortionate) price of convenience I suppose.

I have to say I'm raging about this though, just seems like such a non issue that they are being difficult about. I was never ticketmaster's biggest fan, but now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I have to say I'm raging about this though, just seems like such a non issue that they are being difficult about. I was never ticketmaster's biggest fan, but now...

I'm not a fan of Ticketmaster either, but they're not doing anything wrong. They don't know that you sold your tickets to some other poor schmuck, only to cancel them and get new ones issued for yourself. That's why they won't re-issue a ticket you claim to have lost.

What they could do, for such circumstances, is re-issue new tickets, and charge you full price. Then, if your original tickets don't get used at the event, they refund you the price for them. That would stop scammers from selling and reporting them lost, and you would only pay for one set, as long as someone doesn't find your missing ones and use them. I doubt they would do this.

jor el wrote: »
    That would stop scammers from selling and reporting them lost,
    The scammers would not report them lost, they just say they never got them in the post. They make no attempt to hide the fact they are tickets in the envelopes, the people working in the post office could have stolen them, if you get none they usually make you collect at the box office.

Scammers will sell them on and the buyers are refused at most gigs because they are detected as stolen on the barcodes, meanwhile the scammer gets the new tickets at the box office, doesn't matter who arrives first.

I presume the "no GA/standing" rule dates back to pre barcoding days, I could buy 2 tickets get replacements and 4 of us head in. But if they were seated they should have no problem replacing them since you will not have 2 people on the same seat number.

I remember in UCD if you lost your student card you had to pay for a new one, if you said it was stolen you got it free. It pays to lie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Old Gill

phone back and just say they were never received.. good chance nothign has been updated on your account saying they were lost and youll get a different operator or call personally to the office off grafton st

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Any joy on this today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Why don't you dispute the transaction with your credit card company if they won't re-issue your ticket? That should get their attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

Slice wrote: »
    Why don't you dispute the transaction with your credit card company if they won't re-issue your ticket? That should get their attention.

it would be a criminal offence in this case to open a credit card dispute for non delivery of tickets since he has already called them stating he lost his tickets

very foolish advice

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

As much as I hate ticket master, they have done nothing wrong and are just following procedures which imho are pretty reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

I deal with customers everyday and it's that attitude that leaves me in a position that I can't trust customers. As a moderator you shouldn't be advising users to tell lies. Lieing only causing issues for those who are telling the truth and being genuine. Saying you never got the ticket is the equivelant of stealing. Want to go down that road than fine you are the same as a scumbag who steals stuff from stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

It's not the TICKETS per se that cost the money or have any value, it's entrance to the show or concert. If the ticket is lost, it's just a piece of paper and to deny the customer what he paid for is grossly unfair.
    It's that kind of attitude that encourages people to tell lies if they can't get what they paid for any other way. The only people doing any stealing here are Ticketmaster - just because they've covered themselves legally doesn't make it honest or right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Blue_Wolf wrote: »
    I deal with customers everyday and it's that attitude that leaves me in a position that I can't trust customers. As a moderator you shouldn't be advising users to tell lies. Lieing only causing issues for those who are telling the truth and being genuine. Saying you never got the ticket is the equivelant of stealing. Want to go down that road than fine you are the same as a scumbag who steals stuff from stores.

How is being a mod of Lego and Dexter relevant to consumer issues?

The OP has bought a ticket for entry to a gig which he knows is not going to be used. How is lying to get a replacement the same as stealing something from a stoer?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Blue_Wolf With regard to this...
    As a moderator you shouldn't be advising users to tell lies.

Ron DMC is not a moderator in Consumer Issues, and therefore he has no 'special' standing here, nor does his advice carry more weight than that of other posters.

When posting outside of their forums, moderators are the same as other posters. This is a fundamental aspect of boards and you should be aware of that.

dudara

Just to come back on this - I never got any satisfaction on this. And yes I know - they were just following their set guidelines, but still just seemed like a very unreasonable guideline to me. Anyway, too late now. Spilt milk and all that.

But what really bothered me about this - spoke to one agent and got no satisfaction. Called back a few minutes later and got through to another agent - tried to explain situation to this new agent to the same response - I guess reading from the same script. Asked second agent if I could please speak to a supervisor and he refused!! He wouldn't let me speak to a supervisor!! I couldn't believe my ears. He told me I was wasting their time.

And I have to say I was being totally and utterly polite, never once raised my voice, swore or spoke in a condescending manner. Was gob smacked at the level of "customer service" I received. And I hate to say it but I couldn't help but think I spoke to 2 snotty teens / early 20 somethings that couldn't give a sh!te about their job and just laugh and compare stories about the previous callers after they come off the phone. Was disgusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You think you got bad customer service service because you didn't get you own way.....

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

This post has been deleted.

It's stealing because it's the persons fault for losing the tickets. The company loses out than because you lied to them. If it's not stealing than perhaps FRAUD is a better word?! which is against the law...and stealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭NilByMouth

It's stealing because it's the persons fault for losing the tickets. The company loses out than because you lied to them. If it's not stealing than perhaps FRAUD is a better word?! which is against the law...and stealing.
    Its not stealing.Did you read the OP?

The ticket is MIA in canada.He wants a replacement ticket,1 ticket 1 person(the OP).No stealing there.

If he was trying to blag tickets he would of said he had never recieved em and the company doesnt loose either except the price of the psper the new ticket is printed on and postage.

I deal with customers everyday and it's that attitude that leaves me in a position that I can't trust customers.
    And so..?:confused: you don't trust customers, what is the big issue with that?
    Lieing only causing issues for those who are telling the truth and being genuine.
    In what way? the people who ring and say theirs were stolen get them back?:confused: how is if affecting them?
    Want to go down that road than fine you are the same as a scumbag who steals stuff from stores.
    Laughable, the person on the phone has a PC with tick boxes, customer says it is lost, he gets no ticket reprinted, says it is stolen it does get reprinted. Its a no-brainer.

You do realise the original ticket is cancelled, if it was genuinely stolen the thief would be refused entrance to the concert as it would be detected on the barcode.
    The company loses out than because you lied to them.
    What do they lose exactly? the cost of printing out another ticket? That should be more than covered by the additional €6.50 they charge above what tickets.ie charge for the exact same service. They could at least offer to reprint at some small cost.
    NilByMouth wrote: »
    Its not stealing.Did you read the OP?
    Obviously not, or else is just trolling.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    You think you got bad customer service service because you didn't get you own way.....

Eh, no that's not it. I just received a very poor level of customer service. And not allowing me speak to a supervisor topped it all off. But thanks for your input.

• Advertisement
Advertisement