Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Thread deletion

Options
  • 23-06-2009 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

About a week ago I responded to a thread in either Living Abroad or North America about students on J1 visas having trouble finding work in New York over the summer. Basically, the OP linked to an article (I think it was in one of the Irish abroad type papers) with some interviews. I found one of the sections in the article to be hilariously and entirely unselfconsciously racist in a way completely typical of these kind of publications, so I quoted it and pointed it out.

Then the thread vanished. I'm absolutely not complaining about this - the world continues to turn, the grass continues to grow. I'm sure there was a good reason. I'm just curious about what it was, as a guide for my own future behaviour if nothing else.

As far as I know I was the only person other than the OP to post in the thread. I've seen threads be locked, moved, people be infracted, banned etc., but none of these things happened. It was simply as if there had never been a thread.

Anybody any recollection? Sorry I can't give any more specific details, but I have no way to search for them!

Thanks,

Anthony
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

The thread was deleted as the OP was a spammer.
    The link in question was spammed over various forums hence when we are banning spammers, we also remove the posts.
    In this case if we remove a post that is the start of a thread, any posts after will get removed as part of the deletion.

The mod and us Admins will still see the threads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Ajos

Ok, great, thanks!

So long as it wasn't personal! :cool:

Advertisement