Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bible and Homosexuality

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭oisindoyle

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Are many of the Homosexuals here Christian ?
    How can many Homosexuals call themselves Christian when the Bible states in many of its passages that Sodemy is forbidden ?
    Sources:
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+1:26-27
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians%206:9;&version=31
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation%2021:8;&version=31

*YAWN*..............There are only so many times you can milk a cow!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

oisindoyle wrote:
    *YAWN*..............There are only so many times you can milk a cow!
    That means ?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

That means ?

Read the charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Iskenderun

For how much longer do we have to put up with this provocation?

Iskenderun wrote:
    For how much longer do we have to put up with this provocation?
    What provocation ?
    I merely asked how Christian homosexuals can follow a Religion that forbids their sexuality.
    I have many more links but I didn't want to clutter up the op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

the Bible states in many of its passages that Sodemy is forbidden ?

[IMG][/img]epic_fail.jpg

No where does the Bible say that Sodemy is forbidden, The bible only refers to sodomites which in biblical terms are people from Sodom

The Bible: because all the works of science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who though every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

What provocation ? .
    You really dont see it ????

I merely asked how Christian homosexuals can follow a Religion that forbids their sexuality.
    Then ask in the christianaty fourm thats waht it's there for :rolleyes:

You know you did the Tags wrong on your Epic fail poster. :rolleyes:
    No where does the Bible say that Sodemy is forbidden, The bible only refers to sodomites which in biblical terms are people from Sodom
    Yes it does, I've given you 3 links, do you want more ?
    I didn't put them in the op for fear of cluttering it up.
    Here is an entire page devoted to the Bibles teachings against Homosexuality.
    You really dont see it ????
    No, enlighten me.
    Then ask in the christianaty fourm thats waht it's there for rolleyes.gif
    First off, you spelt "what" wrong.
    Secoundly, this topic is about Homosexuality therefor it is in the homosexuality forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

First of all..

.. you're confusing the act with the state of being. I don't believe the bible teaches against homosexuality per se, but certain acts commonly associated with homosexual sex.

Second of all, a Christian is a very loose term..these days at least. There are various strands of Christianity, with various pickings-and-choosings of different beliefs and teachings. A Christian is really just 'a follower of Christ'. It is of course possible to be a homosexual, practising or otherwise, and a follower of Christ. Self ascribed followers of Christ do not necessarily have to, and often don't, subscribe to every teaching in the bible. Moreover, I believe Christ himself - whatever about his immediate peers or early followers - was silent on homosexuality, or even homosexual acts.

Based on biblical teaching, you may aswell ask if it's possible to be a Christian and to wear cloth of mixed fibre, for example. I'm sure there's something in the bible forbidding that...

There are many things in the Bible many people find irrelevant, or not to be true, or whatever, yet they still consider themselves to 'Christian' etc. I do agree that it would be..difficult..to be homosexual and to accept the truth of certain bible teachings regarding homosexuality, but that's a point apart from how difficult you would find it to reconcile homosexuality with 'Christianity'. I'm sure many people find it difficult to reconcile Genesis with scientific fact, but it doesn't stop them from identifying as Christian.

Finally, Christianity is fundamentally a religion for sinners, and about the salvation of sinners. Jesus hung out with prostitutes, FFS :rolleyes: So even if you do want to consider homosexuality or homosexual acts to be 'sinful' in the eyes of Christ, that doesn't preclude said people from his love or from following him, or however you want to frame it.

Very finally - I'm not sure why I'm rising to the bait, but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yes it does, I've given you 3 links, do you want more ?
    I didn't put them in the op for fear of cluttering it up.
    Here is an entire page devoted to the Bibles teachings against Homosexuality.
    By linking to the passage about Lot you are saying it's ok to rape young girls but that homosexuality is wrong. You also linked to 2 passages about bestiality which is not part of this discussion.

shipment-of-fail.jpg

• Advertisement

LookingFor wrote:
    Second of all, a Christian is a very loose term..these days at least. There are various strands of Christianity, with various pickings-and-choosings of different beliefs and teachings. A Christian is really just 'a follower of Christ'. It is of course possible to be a homosexual, practising or otherwise, and a follower of Christ. Self ascribed followers of Christ do not necessarily have to, and often don't, subscribe to every teaching in the bible. Moreover, I believe Christ himself - whatever about his immediate peers or early followers - was silent on homosexuality, or even homosexual acts.
    So what you're saying is that one can pick and choose the areas of the Bible that don't fit in with their own opinions or lifestyle. The Bible is the book that supposedly teaches Christians how to live, it doesn't matter weather Jesus preached about Homosexuality or not because Christians believe the Bible was wrote by Prophets under the direction of God and these Prophets did.
    Lookingfor wrote:
    Based on biblical teaching, you may aswell ask if it's possible to be a Christian and to wear cloth of mixed fibre, for example. I'm sure there's something in the bible forbidding that...
    I can assure you that you won't find as many quotes condeming cloth of mixed fiber as I have condeming Homosexuality...
    Lookingfor wrote:
    Finally, Christianity is fundamentally a religion for sinners, and about the salvation of sinners. Jesus hung out with prostitutes, FFS rolleyes.gif So even if you do want to consider homosexuality or homosexual acts to be 'sinful' in the eyes of Christ, that doesn't preclude said people from his love or from following him, or however you want to frame it.
    The Bible teaches that said sinners must repent his or her sinful act before they can recieve salvation.
    By linking to the passage about Lot you are saying it's ok to rape young girls but that homosexuality is wrong. You also linked to 2 passages about bestiality which is not part of this discussion.
    That's the words of the Bible, not mine.
    Also the bestiality quotes turned up after the seach on the word "Sodomy".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

I said I wouldnt get involved in any of this anymore but....
    Just to quote from the Charter which is at the top of this forum and which posters are asked to read before posting

I presume the moderators will deal with this soon.
    The following subjects are not kosher for discussion:

Paedophilia, (Ep)hebophilia(except in the context of safety for homosexual youth), bible-bashing(we're well aware of the religious stance on homosexuality) , discussions on whether homosexuality is natural or unnatural or related materials.

Any such posts will be immediately deleted and posters will face banning.
    Last edited by Stark; 26-01-2006 at 19:25.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

To the OP: Read the Charter. There is a Christianity forum for discussing the Bible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement