Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maxi Cosi Tobi Car Seat

Options
  • 23-06-2009 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi

I have been offered a Maxi-Cosi Tobi car seat at a good price, but cant find out anywhere if it will fit in my car i drive a 2005 Vectra.

Does anyone know if it'll fit, i'm sure it will jsut want to be sure

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Can't see why it wouldn't. It is a fairly standard seat which straps in with the belt. No reason it wouldnt fit. I fit two of them in the back of my little peugeot 206 no bother.

We got two new Tobis about 6 months ago. Had to return them after 4 months as the straps ceased up on one of them and we had to cut one of our boys out of it! Cut the straps, not the child :-)

Mothercare were very good about it though as, luckily, it happened right outside their shop where we bought them. The gave us two new seats...different type though as we refused to use Tobis again because if that happened in an emergency situation or even if my wife had been alone somewhere else, it would have been a serious inconvenience to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

Is the seat second hand?

I would not buy a second hand car seat in a million years.

Sorry, I know that is nothing to do with what you asked, but, it really is not advised.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

MrsA wrote: »
    Is the seat second hand?

I would not buy a second hand car seat in a million years.

Sorry, I know that is nothing to do with what you asked, but, it really is not advised.

M

I would agree with this, but.............if you know the person you are buying it from (well) and know (without a doubt) that the carseat was not involved in any kind of car incident then it would be ok. You should always buy a new car seat after an accident as they take damage and weaken, not necessarily visibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭trish23

Go into any Mothercare store & they will check it for you & look it up online. Alternatively check the Maxi cosi website & it will list the different makes of cars that suit their car seats. Tobi are a good fit for most cars as the seat belt fits from the front but the cushioning of your car may make a difference. As stated already, make sure you know the background of the car seat you are getting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

• Advertisement
Advertisement