Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Guilty Pleasures

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I love a certain tv show called Hannah Montana. I'm a boy and I'm not 11.

I'm DYING for Pokemon Black and Pokemon White to come out!! And I'm going to get both games, so that I can trade...

Oh, and... I may have gone to the Jedward concert in Galway a few months ago... AND HAD SO MUCH FUN

Hero :D
    I have lotsa eurovision songs on my ipod. Nothing like abit of the ukrainian wild dances from 2004 to get me up dancing (in my bedroom, in private :o).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Hero :D
    I have lotsa eurovision songs on my ipod. Nothing like abit of the ukrainian wild dances from 2004 to get me up dancing (in my bedroom, in private :o).

OPA!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

OPA!!
    OPA! :D
    according to my lastfm, this is my life - anna bergendahl (sweden) is my top played track. Uh oh :P

Oh I'm not sure if this is an actual guilty pleasure but i cried when hannah montana ended on the last episode. So sad :( i love her.

OPA! :D
    according to my lastfm, this is my life - anna bergendahl (sweden) is my top played track. Uh oh :P

Oh I'm not sure if this is an actual guilty pleasure but i cried when hannah montana ended on the last episode. So sad :( i love her.

Hahaha, 'ovo je balkan', the serbian one from last year is on my PHONE. Everything goes on my ipod, but only the best of the best make it onto my phone! :D

I LOVE IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I love a certain tv show called Hannah Montana.

You should all be banished :pac:

No seriously, watching back to back Hannah Montana while babysitting for 3 months killed my soul. *shudders*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭jackthelad321

Monzo wrote: »
    I get an immense thrill out of looking up words I don't know in the dictionary. Such a freak, I know.

So you say just as I'm look up 'Dander', which is a fancy way of saying anger or temper and wholly unnecessary. Earlier I looked up refractory, sedulous and asperity.

Yes, I too love dictionary scouring, though i don't feel guilty about it whatsoever.

Oh I actually have one... looking up self-actualisation websites, downloading 'achievment' psychology audiobooks, listening to them and never imbibing-- yea, i know-- the meaning, and thankful only that i didn't actually pay for any of it.

Also, looking up grammar websites and trying to understand what the hell is going on with it. It's infuriating and addictive. Then again you can also be hooked on smack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I have lotsa eurovision songs on my ipod.

I may also be guilty of this. :o (Only get ones I can find for free though >.>)

I think I have 6, including 2 winners: ("Satellite" and "Hard Rock Hallelujah" :p)

I also have the Slovakian one from last year, which didn't even qualify. :mad: And three from 2007 (Bulgaria, Georgia and Hungary)
    .......yup!

It's such a pain when genuinely good songs feature in Eurovision, because no matter good the song is you're always gonna feel guilty about liking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I get an immense thrill out of looking up words I don't know in the dictionary. Such a freak, I know.

Samesies. I'm like that with French too, whenever I see a new word I like, I have to look it up and say to myself over and over, then I always try to fit it into the next thing I write for school. Trying to find a way of including pamplemousse in an essay about ma famille was a challenge, man...

ohthebaby wrote: »
    A thesaurus is where the real fun is at.

I hope I've spelled that right.
    bythewoods wrote: »
    SNAP! Also, I signed myself up for the dictionary.com word of the day many moons ago. NO REGRETS.

Oh. And I have a serious problem with crosswords. I really have issues. I do them every single day, or else I feel unfulfilled.
    Further proof that I may, in fact, be a geriatric.

Ah now. I'm proud of these pleasures. :P I've got my two crossword books that I bought for Christmas and I play some mean scrabble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Ah now. I'm proud of these pleasures. :P I've got my two crossword books that I bought for Christmas and I play some mean scrabble.

I fucking LOVE Scrabble.

Had a few mean games of it over the Summer. Horribly proud of myself for fitting in the word "Adroit" once, despite the fact that it wasn't a high-scorer. What a great word!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

THAT SAX SOLO. I could listen to it for an hour if I had to.
    ..oh, wait... no, I didn't mean..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Wow 57 mins! The Duke Nukem look-a-like is so epic though - the pelvic thrusts :o

As for Scrabble, every year when we go on holidays we play Scrabble (how cute :P). This usually results in my dad hammering us, but it's good fun all the same!

Last summer, it was near the end of the game, when it gets harder to form words. But one of the triple word spaces was not used, and the word 'Pen' was two spaces away. I then realised that by placing "IS" after it I would not only get the triple word score, but it would also pluralise the 4-letter word that was horizontally leading up to the triple word score as well. It was a terribly awkward moment when I played the word 'Penis' but it resulted in like 40 points or something - one of my proudest moments! I still didn't win though - damn you father!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Me and my mother played Scrabble a few times over Christmas, "sex" was put down in every single game...:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

I've just watched all 6 episodes of Fade Street on youtube...it's fantastic! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I'm crap at scrabble, but really good at crosswords :D

I'm also quite handy at sudokus During the repeats, I got The Irish Times everyday and finished all three Sudokus. I got it down to about half an hour by the end. Gone are those days though. I don't buy the paper nearly as much any more.

Crappy BBC3 shows. Sun, Sex & Suspicious Parents is priceless ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Takeshi's Castle. Best. Thing. EVER

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Should be used when people immigrate,If you get through the course, your allowed enter,otherwise, back to wherever you came from :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

:eek:!

I used to watch that all the time! Best program ever! Japenese people running towards the start line, always saying something confident and they're all fired up and ready to go, and they nearly always fall in the water straight away!

That program is too funny! And there used to be an earthquake simulator or something and they had to stay standing up - so funny watching them struggling for balance! And the maze with the people who attacked them! And the doors they had to run through, with some of them solid and some of them not.

Have to watch that program again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I <3 that. Also Total Wipeout USA (not the UK version) is amazing.

Also, I love looking at who won awards at various ceremonies and at all the dresses, I never watch them but spend ages looking at pictures and stuff. I'm looking through all the golden globe things now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Deedeecupcake

kateos2 wrote: »
    I <3 that. Also Total Wipeout USA (not the UK version) is amazing.

Also, I love looking at who won awards at various ceremonies and at all the dresses, I never watch them but spend ages looking at pictures and stuff. I'm looking through all the golden globe things now.

I do that to look at the dresses too. I love dresses :D I also google image designer dresses I know I'll never afford.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

One of my favourite guilty pleasures is the incredible Salad Fingers series of short flash-videos.

http://www.youtube.com/show/saladfingers

What's really messed up is just how much the kid in this video sounds like Salad Fingers! :eek:

... The honeycomb maze used to genuinely freak me out...

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I really love graffiti. Sometimes I even love the really, horrifyingly stupid sort of graffiti! It's just so interesting to read, it's the guiltiest of pleasures.

I was bored of working on an assignment, so I instead went wandering around UCC for a bit and stumbled across a fairly amazing little spot that I had never noticed before. Right at the top of the Kane's north stairwell, there's this landing leading to some kind of rarely frequented breaker room. It's the loneliest spot you could imagine, and the only evidence that people visit is inscribed on the walls.

Absolutely tons of graffiti, left there by all kinds of students over the past three decades. People had left their names, groups of friends had recorded the date of their very last day of college, and you find strange little in-jokes like "NO MUNCHING PERMITTED BEYOND THIS LINE" and "MUNCHING ZONE" written all over the place.

I think the oldest dated name I found there was from 1983... which isn't amazingly far back in time or anything, I know, but it was still weird to imagine some other bored students wandering up to that same spot before I was even alive. I wanted to leave a tiny testament to my existence, too, so I drew a version of The Scream and wrote "EDVARD MUNCHING ZONE" above it. One of the most productive days I've had in college for a good while. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

ANGUS, THONGS AND PERFECT SNOGGING.

"Look, I can't go out with you, because...because...because I'm a lesbian."

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    ANGUS, THONGS AND PERFECT SNOGGING.

"Look, I can't go out with you, because...because...because I'm a lesbian."
    I wrote a song about you.
    REALLY? O:
    Yea it's called bitch in a uniform
    :D
    This is a guilty pleasure these days? I posted about it in the film thread like a month ago :(

deise_girl wrote: »
    I wrote a song about you.
    REALLY? O:
    Yea it's called bitch in a uniform
    :D
    This is a guilty pleasure these days? I posted about it in the film thread like a month ago :(

If you haven't noticed, I'm a woman now.. I WEAR A BRA.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    If you haven't noticed, I'm a woman now.. I WEAR A BRA.

LIBBY, STOP PUTTING ANGUS IN THE FRIDGE!!!

Uhh thats it Im gonna have to watch that now, that film is all kinds of amazing <3

• Advertisement

deise_girl wrote: »
    LIBBY, STOP PUTTING ANGUS IN THE FRIDGE!!!

Uhh thats it Im gonna have to watch that now, that film is all kinds of amazing <3

It's on film 4 just started at 7.05 :)

Advertisement