Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Guilty Pleasures

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I was bored of working on an assignment, so I instead went wandering around UCC for a bit and stumbled across a fairly amazing little spot that I had never noticed before. Right at the top of the Kane's north stairwell, there's this landing leading to some kind of rarely frequented breaker room. It's the loneliest spot you could imagine, and the only evidence that people visit is inscribed on the walls.
    Pretty sure I inadvertently wandered in there before. I didn't stick around to investigate the graffiti though! A return trip must be done....

As for my guilty pleasure - Lena. Seriously love this girl. :o Would love to see her win Eurovision (which itself is another guilty pleasure of mine) again; her song this year is actually better than Satellite imo (and has a really cool video)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭jackthelad321

My guilty pleasure is routinely checking to see what nonsense Charlie Sheen has been up to. He's some deluded clown, but i still can't help but love the idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Jersey Shore.

It makes me cringe for society but I just can't stop watching..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The band I've been jamming with for the past 2/3 months split up today.
    I'm actually quite happy to be finished with them, we were going nowhere.

Still feels like a bit of a guilty pleasure though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

For my shame and even though I'm aware its a terrible terrible song I may occasionally have listened to friday..over 20 times:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Swedish people. Sweden. Everything fookin swedish. I even love IKEA just coz its swedish. I've never been there but the likes of emma or deise would tell you that it is a passionate love of mine.

Guilty pleasure? Well it's a pleasure. Not so guilty though. I JUST FXCKIN LOVE SWEDEN.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Swedish people. Sweden. Everything fookin swedish. I even love IKEA just coz its swedish. I've never been there but the likes of emma or deise would tell you that it is a passionate love of mine.

Guilty pleasure? Well it's a pleasure. Not so guilty though. I JUST FXCKIN LOVE SWEDEN.

It's because of Zlatan isn't it?

Reporter – “You’ve got some scars in your face, Zlatan. What has happened?”
    Zlatan – “Well…I don’t know…you’ll have to ask your wife about that”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

The more time I spend on Boards the more I think we may be long lost sisters..... I've never been to Ikea but I'm dying to go. There's one on the outskirts of the city where I am at the minute and I'm going to make it my mission to get there asap.

ohthebaby wrote: »
    The more time I spend on Boards the more I think we may be long lost sisters..... I've never been to Ikea but I'm dying to go. There's one on the outskirts of the city where I am at the minute and I'm going to make it my mission to get there asap.

they're the most amazing race EVER. Oh do do! Ikea in france would be even better :eek: I've sworn to myself that one day I will tackle swedish as a language :D Aaaaahh, love that place.

Svedska, how class does that sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Guilty pleasure now a days is going going on the Ikea website and thinking what kinda desk and chairs i'd like for my room...
    Check out the Galant.. WHAT A BEAUT...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I have the same thing about IKEA too. I've gone by it but I've never been in. My plan is to get to IKEA to buy new wardrobes for my room because I can't actually fit all of my clothes in mine so I think I need to get a bigger one and IKEA seems like the place to be.

And soccy I don't know how you're going to take this but......I'm going to Sweden at the end of July. The most I'm going to see of it is only really a rather large field full of thousands of people but it'll be Sweden all the same. *runs from soccy*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Dukes of Hazzard movis is on TV3 :o

I have the same thing about IKEA too. I've gone by it but I've never been in. My plan is to get to IKEA to buy new wardrobes for my room because I can't actually fit all of my clothes in mine so I think I need to get a bigger one and IKEA seems like the place to be.

And soccy I don't know how you're going to take this but......I'm going to Sweden at the end of July. The most I'm going to see of it is only really a rather large field full of thousands of people but it'll be Sweden all the same. *runs from soccy*

OMG... you are so lucky :( I am definitely going within the next year.

What part you going to? I've the map basically learnt off at this stage.

OMG... you are so lucky :( I am definitely going within the next year.

What part you going to? I've the map basically learnt off at this stage.

I will be popular! I will be popular!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

It's because of Zlatan isn't it?

Reporter – “You’ve got some scars in your face, Zlatan. What has happened?”
    Zlatan – “Well…I don’t know…you’ll have to ask your wife about that”
    "Come to my house with your sister and see if I'm gay"

Oh that man...

I will be popular! I will be popular!

<333333333
    Eric Saade mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

Oh Sweden, you give us so many nice looking people! I love you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Boards

Boards
    Why guilty?

marko93 wrote: »
    Why guilty?

Because I should be studying :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Soccy: Sweden is amazing, I've been to Stockholm and another small town called Malmö which are both so nice. The people are also very beautiful too. You're vegetarian aren't you? I'm going to warn you that I was when I went over, and there wasn't very much options food wise!

Although, ikea food is so good, and cheap! I must take a trip out there soon, not that I need anything but it's good for wandering/cheap cooking stuff.

• Advertisement

I've always wanted to go to Sweden. They seem so advanced :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Sweden is quite cool, they made ABBA! Friggin Abba.

And Swedish House Mafia. Like <3

Along with Eric Pyrdz.. Their music scene is mycket bra.

And José Gonzalez..

LETS ALL GO TO IKEA :D

You can pay Mark

Oh yes. How stupid of me forgetting Ikea has an entrance fee.

I turned down a trip to Ikea this evening cos it meant I'd only have 1.5 hours there. I don't know how long you need but I really want a whole afternoon. My first time needs to be special. <3

I turned down a trip to Ikea this evening cos it meant I'd only have 1.5 hours there. I don't know how long you need but I really want a whole afternoon. My first time needs to be special. <3
    You were right to do so!
    I'd spend a day in there looking at all the random things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭icanplaydrums

Same. I'm glad I'm still an IKEA virgin, I want my first time to be special, they say you never forget it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Furniture shops are a bit **** tbh.

• Advertisement

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Furniture shops are a bit **** tbh.

You've never been to IKEA then...

Advertisement