Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Guilty Pleasures

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

coleslaw eaten on its own

staying in my jimjams until four pm

watching spongebob squarepants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

pokémon

I mind three kids and I make them watch it so I can watch it....how sad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

pokémon

I mind three kids and I make them watch it so I can watch it....how sad!

all i can say is.....ROCK ON..pokemon rules

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

The Kerry Katona stuff on MTV.I actually just watch it to get angry and hate her!!
    Paramore is another.
    I regularly watch Grand Designs and Property Ladder too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I'm all about Lily Allen lately. Not just her, her music as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Runescape.

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

all i can say is.....ROCK ON..pokemon rules

I'd like to dedicate my 150th post to the epic journey undertaken by Ash, Misty and Brock all those years ago...
    *sigh*
    Nostalgia rocks

I'd like to dedicate my 150th post to the epic journey undertaken by Ash, Misty and Brock all those years ago...
    *sigh*
    Nostalgia rocks

Props! I actually used to fancy Ash-is it wrong for a six year old to like a fictional cartoon character? i remember going to see all the movies and getting the sticker books, i even have the theme song on my i-pod!

'i wanna be the very best, like no one ever was...'

FredBaby! wrote: »
    Props! I actually used to fancy Ash-is it wrong for a six year old to like a fictional cartoon character? i remember going to see all the movies and getting the sticker books, i even have the theme song on my i-pod!

"to catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause!"
    Also have it on my ipod, as well as the johto journeys theme. :o

My dream in primary school was to get a Charizard card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

i remember going to see all the movies and getting the sticker books, i even have the theme song on my i-pod!

Me too :o
    Fairly embarrassing if my ipod's on shuffle:rolleyes:

Those sticker books were the best, so mad that I don't have mine any more :(
    Used to get the cards too!:cool:

• Advertisement

"

My dream in primary school was to get a Charizard card

me and my friend once stole some poor guys pokemon cards in primary school and the teacher blamed some one else! No ones none the wiser now...uh until now of course

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Did anyone get the cards... not the ones with attack ponts and stuff like that... the ones with just name, pic and number... I had all 150... Very proud moment to get my last one which was jigglypuff's big sister...(can't remember name... something beginning with c)

150....you jammy b*****d!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

Jackobyte wrote: »
    jigglypuff's big sister...(can't remember name... something beginning with c)

wigglytuff? :confused:

I remember I found a charizard one...how lucky?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

A few weren't in the best nick cause if i had spare bulbasaur (for example) and someone else, who didn't take best care of card, had a spare jigglypuff (again example) we swapped... I must have had about 400 cards at end:D cause I had so many doubles and triples that no one needed...!!!:eek:

Ahh... sweet nostalgia!!!:D

*sigh*
    Nostalgia rocks

bravo!:Dit is a fitting dedication
    i even have the theme song on my i-pod!
    i have it on my phones mp3 player had as my ringtone for a month it was an epic month..in fact its now my ringtone again aw yeah!!

150....you jammy b*****d!
    i secound that!!!damn u!!never really collected the cards
    i filled the stickerbook!!..probably could have done it 3 times over with the amount of spares i had...took me like 2 weeks to get the last sticker!damn you poliwrath damn you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

My brother was CRAZY into pokemon cards, he was a member of a pokemon club in Liffey Valley where he traded and stuff! Every Saturday we'd go to pokemon club and my dad would buy us both a new pack of cards each.

I just thought they were cool but he took them very seriously, he even managed to get Japanese shiney cards of Charizard and a load of others! the dragonite card was the best though I was more of a gameboy person myself.

Also, I was in love with James from team rocket :eek:

phasers wrote: »
    I just thought they were cool but he took them very seriously, he even managed to get Japanese shiney cards of Charizard and a load of others! the dragonite card was the best though I was more of a gameboy person myself.

Also, I was in love with James from team rocket :eek:

oh yes the gameboy rocked BLUE for life:D:p

ha looking back they were major stupid bad guys i mean how many failed attempts is it now?it has to be in the 1000's ha

phasers wrote: »
    My brother was CRAZY into pokemon cards, he was a member of a pokemon club in Liffey Valley where he traded and stuff! Every Saturday we'd go to pokemon club and my dad would buy us both a new pack of cards each.

QUOTE]

I remember that! In the Warner Brothers store. I went once and then begged my mam to bring me back every saturday. That didn't really work out because we live nowhere near liffey valley.

Also, remember the space ship in that shop that you could go into? That was amazing! Made up for the fact that nothing in that shop was even remotely affordable :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I had to do it!! Ah those were the days...I used to beg my mam to hurry up coming home from school so I could watch it! Rapidash was my faveourite...the first series ruled!! I also always wanted to be Misty:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

That is in NO WAY a guilty pleasure, that show was flipping awesome, as was this song, the game EVERYTHING! I even learned the theme tune on guitar, there's a solo in the full version which is totally awesome

Ooh you're my best friend, in a world we must defend!

What kind of sad case hasn't seen Pokemon (note: this is a directed attack :P)

And I've always prefered the german version!

Ooh mein bester fruend, mien bester fruend im welt!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

D4RK ONION wrote: »

And I've always prefered the german version!

Ooh mein bester fruend, mien bester fruend im welt!

I seriously snorted with laughter when I read this! What makes it funnier(stupider) I have a song in German on my ipod!! :p Now that is a story...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    What kind of sad case hasn't seen Pokemon (note: this is a directed attack :P)

A sad case with better taste :cool:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Here he is ladies and gentlemen, this is the scoundrel who never knew what it was to catch 'em all... Shocking...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

pokemon used to be a favorite of mine until they started making new versions and bringing in characthers that i had never heard of :confused:. Wtf like?

now, digimon, i have the first 18 programmes on video. :P
    i always had a thing for TK (or whatever that guy used to be called in digimon) after i saw the movie. But then some little b*tch (another digimon girl) went off and stole him from me. I was a pissed off little girl :/.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

pokemon used to be a favorite of mine until they started making new versions and bringing in characthers that i had never heard of :confused:. Wtf like?

now, digimon, i have the first 18 programmes on video. :P
    i always had a thing for TK (or whatever that guy used to be called in digimon) after i saw the movie. But then some little b*tch (another digimon girl) went off and stole him from me. I was a pissed off little girl :/.

I used to LOOOVE digimon and I thought that Dragonball Z was fecking class!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I rember when I went to see the pokemon movie in the cinema.. The first I think where Ash almost died.. I cried :/
    Then for Christmas I rember i aksed for a pokemon toy, I got a digimon thing.. Can't remember what it was called but it was one of the cuter creatures.. Little orange dragon yolk? I'll try find a picc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

deise_girl wrote: »
    I rember when I went to see the pokemon movie in the cinema.. The first I think where Ash almost died.. I cried :/
    Then for Christmas I rember i aksed for a pokemon toy, I got a digimon thing.. Can't remember what it was called but it was one of the cuter creatures.. Little orange dragon yolk? I'll try find a picc.
    ew, ash! Did you have a crush on him too? :pac:
    my sister thought ash was hot when she was younger, what a weirdooo...

...now Max from beyblade was something, alright :cool:. I always thought he was sooo adorable but then again, i was 8 years old or so...

By the way, does anyone remember the cartoon, Cardcaptors? Seriously up there with one of my most favourite japanese cartoony programmes as a little girl ever! :o
    I just looked it up on youtube now.
    Sooooo cringy :o.

By the way, does anyone remember the cartoon, Cardcaptors? Seriously up there with one of my most favourite japanese cartoony programmes as a little girl ever! :o
    I just looked it up on youtube now.
    Sooooo cringy :o.

OMG yes!!that was actually really cool ha!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

ew, ash! Did you have a crush on him too? :pac:
    my sister thought ash was hot when she was younger, what a weirdooo...

I used to fancy him too :o

Advertisement