Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Guilty Pleasures

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

OMG yes!!that was actually really cool ha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6-vS4aj-Zo

Enjoy :D.

This song was "the siht" when I was 7/8 :pac:.

I used to fancy him too :o

ash_catches_his_first_pokemon.jpg

Ash catching his first pokemon awww..

And its just for you :).

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

ew, ash! Did you have a crush on him too? :pac:
    my sister thought ash was hot when she was younger, what a weirdooo...

...now Max from beyblade was something, alright :cool:. I always thought he was sooo adorable but then again, i was 8 years old or so...

By the way, does anyone remember the cartoon, Cardcaptors? Seriously up there with one of my most favourite japanese cartoony programmes as a little girl ever! :o
    I just looked it up on youtube now.
    Sooooo cringy :o.
    I was on about this little orange "animal" that had wings, it wa s a cutey thing :D
    Was that about the girl who had to find those magical cards all over the place, could never understand it but I loved it :D:D I wa smocked like mad for it.

No I didnt have crushes on cartoons!! I remember loving some Newcastle, Blackburn i don't know where he plays for now but the blondey Damien Duff :D I used try to be a little soccar nerd (even around 2nd class) though I knew as much about soccar then as I do now, which is nothing. Lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    And I've always prefered the german version!

Ooh mein bester fruend, mien bester fruend im welt!

Lol, you should see the German version of the "Pinky and the Brain" theme - Brain sounds incredibly evil talking at the start. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Here you go ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Card Captor Sakura, BEST ANIME EVAR!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

deise_girl wrote: »
    Was that about the girl who had to find those magical cards all over the place, could never understand it but I loved it

Card Captors? Omg,loved it,that was the best!!:o:D

Funny the way lots of people seem to remember Cardcaptors as much as I do :o.

Just thinking about that brings back sooo many of those shows to my memory. Sailor moon, hamtaro, etc.

LOL! :pac:

Wonder why they got taken off the tv? :/

I'd say I saw about 8 episodes altogether coz it was only at my aunties (who had real channels) that i got to watch it. Maybe on RTE once or twice though.

Same reason Pokemon and animanics did had to keep up with the 'new cool children' :rolleyes:
    I loved animanics too. My favourite part of the show was probably the theme tune though and they all running around! "It's an-i-man-iacs".... Aww I rember the song now thats going to be in my head for ages :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

children today are deprived of any half decent program!poor them

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

Current extremely guilty pleasure: X-factor

• Advertisement

RibenaHead wrote: »
    Current extremely guilty pleasure: X-factor

Thats not a guilty pleasure, its a good show :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

deise_girl wrote: »
    Thats not a guilty pleasure, its a good show :)

:D:D:D

Good one!...........

:D:D:D

Good one!...........
    Well I wouldn''t mind admitting that one! Heres a well worse one... The past hour I have been watching 'Grease: the School Musical' :o:o And its not the first episdoe of this I have seen. Now thats cringy! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

phasers wrote: »
    Also, I was in love with James from team rocket :eek:
    Now that you mention it, I still know the Team Rocket motto off by heart....
    "Prepare for trouble"
    "Make it double!"
    "To protect the world from devastation"
    "To unite all peoples within our nation"
    "to denounce the evils of truth and love"
    "To extend our reach to the stars above"
    "Jessie!"
    "James!"
    "Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light"
    "Surrender now or prepare to fight"
    "Meowth! That's right!"
    :o Pokemon was so awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

MissIT wrote: »
    nuttela out of the jar :o

that's just all pleasure....

quizone, love it!:p

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Ahahaha, Quizone is BRILLIANT, the kids are so funny, such silly answers. Great programme!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

They get such easy questions wrong... and worse is that they can't even find the correct answer on the internet in like 2 minutes!!! just google the key words!!!!

Quizone is actually a decent show :P.

But in fairness, some of the questions are really hard :o.

They changed the obstacle course this year. It was better when they had to push each other for the shortest route :P

Jackobyte wrote: »
    They get such easy questions wrong... and worse is that they can't even find the correct answer on the internet in like 2 minutes!!! just google the key words!!!!
    The search system is a show specific one, so they have to actually have to look for it.

I used to have a collection of questions and answers that were brilliant.

Q: Name the capital of Turkey
    A: Berlin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

It's M.Bison! Yey!

PSYCHO BOOST!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Reeling In The Years. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I love reeling in the years, watching it atm : )
    I also like watching House he's just hilarious.

Are you reeling in the years?
    Stowing away the time?
    Are you gathering up the tears?
    Have you had enough of mine?

Awesome song, awesome band, awesome programme :)

Reeling In The Years is one of the best things to come out of RTE.

My biggest guilty pleasure now is the X Factor - I've really gotten into it now. :o

I usually end up watching it with one of my parents, they usually give an extra bit of first hand info on some events. Good stuff!

I love watching the 90's episodes because I can remember some of the events and the music makes me feel all nostalgiac. I'd be watching an episode from 95 or 96, some song would come on and I'd be thinking "Oh my God, I actually remember when that song was in the charts!"

I remember watching the episode from 1989 (year I was born) and it was just depressing: Hillsborough, Tiananmen Square and an IRA bombing were just a few of the fun events from that year. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Reeling In The Years is probably my second favourite RTE programme - first being the 6 O'Clock News with Sharon Ní Bheoláin. I remember in JC History it got me interested in modern Irish history, which came up that year (as always) and I got an A in history.

The X Factor is slowly sucking me in. At first I said it was just for Cheryl, but there's no denying it anymore - I'm in there for that and Simon Cowel's smarmy judgement. Damnit...

Is there any place where you can watch all the episodes of Reeling in the Years?

• Advertisement

rte's online player is your best i'd say. You forgot the modest adventures of david o doherty.

Knifewrench, I was born in 89 as well, apart from my birth (and yours) it was an awful year!

Advertisement