Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Guilty Pleasures

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Big Brother. Please don't tell me I'm the only one in here who watches it!:o
    I'm here but I'm not a consistant watcher. Every now and again I will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

This thread reminds me of a friend's obsession with Angela Lansbury. She'd be ok as an aunt or something, but not really someone to fantasize about. :D

Angela_Lansbury.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Monzo wrote: »
    This thread reminds me of a friend's obsession with Angela Lansbury. She'd be ok as an aunt or something, but not really someone to fantasize about. :D

Angela_Lansbury.jpg
    That woman is death.Kills people everywhere she goes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Spongebob Squarepants.

My sister has aload of dvd's of various spongebob episodes. I actually love him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Spongebob Squarepants.

My sister has aload of dvd's of various spongebob episodes. I actually love him :pac:
    Nothing guilty about the sponge:cool:...its actually pretty twisted at times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Big Brother. Please don't tell me I'm the only one in here who watches it!:o

Oh God I'm addicted. It's like a real addiction now and it's not funny. I get so cross if I don't get to see it in the evening and have to wait for the next morning repeat. I was just wondering this evening what I'd do if I ended up going on holidays. I've never been like this with Big Brother any other year, I only ever watched one or two of them before and even then I'd only dip in and out of it. But now I love it. Ben to win! And, how heartbreaking was John James in the diary room tonight? I wanted to cuddle him and make him better. It worries / scares me how involved I have become with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

ohthebaby wrote: »
    Oh God I'm addicted. It's like a real addiction now and it's not funny. I get so cross if I don't get to see it in the evening and have to wait for the next morning repeat. I was just wondering this evening what I'd do if I ended up going on holidays. I've never been like this with Big Brother any other year, I only ever watched one or two of them before and even then I'd only dip in and out of it. But now I love it. Ben to win! And, how heartbreaking was John James in the diary room tonight? I wanted to cuddle him and make him better. It worries / scares me how involved I have become with it.

I'm the very same! I never watched it before because I never had the channels until this year, but I'm actually addicted. I've gotten my sister addicted aswell :D

I think when either John James or Josie leaves I'll probably lose interest a little, I love them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm considering getting into it.

God, my Summer fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Oh do get into it! It's basically the height of my summer in the absence of any other fun. The posh guy in it called Ben is genuinely the funniest thing I have seen on telly in aaaages. You'd love him! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I actually love the tigger movie:o Its so cute!
    And Eurovison
    And Big Brother (except for now theres no Shabby so why watch it)
    I have several guilty pleasures!!:pac::P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭jackthelad321

One Lady Gaga song, the stupid one ... ''we could write a bad romance...'' Jesus i am humming away like a queen doe days now. Oh god. Not Good. Not Good at all. la... la- la la la la blah blah blah blah blah.

No one try to convince me that she is anything other than a horrendous GP

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

As I've said before, the only way to replace a song like that from your head is to listen to a better, CATCHIER song! Currently that is this:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I like doing guitar renditions of crap pop songs.

EVEN IF YOU WERE BROKE MY LOVE DON'T COST A THING

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

One Lady Gaga song, the stupid one ... ''we could write a bad romance...'' Jesus i am humming away like a queen doe days now. Oh god. Not Good. Not Good at all. la... la- la la la la blah blah blah blah blah.

No one try to convince me that she is anything other than a horrendous GP
    she's pretty bad,but you listened to the wrong version of that song:

My guilty pleasure is probably a soft spot for stripped down acoustic songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭jackthelad321

she's pretty bad,but you listened to the wrong version of that song:

My guilty pleasure is probably a soft spot for stripped down acoustic songs.

Oh the little wink at the end. I think you've copperfastened my liking that song. Yer wan's pretty decent eh! ra ra ra ra ra ra. my heads going like a night at the roxbury.

Yea, most acoustic versions of ****e pop songs are actually great. I think the songs structure themselves tend to be fairly decent, just the execution and recording of them makes them cringeworthy. of course I exclude Barbie girl by Aqua from my last observation. If someone can cover that song well, i take my hat off to you.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

The mandatory autotune all modern day pop songs are treated to also remove any trace of personality from songs these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

I like doing guitar renditions of crap pop songs.

EVEN IF YOU WERE BROKE MY LOVE DON'T COST A THING

This, exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Dizzee Rascal. As much as I hate this kinda music I cant get enough of this song..

and when Bonkers came on at Oxegen :o it was awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yPfU_92t7g&feature=channel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Ah feck ye all, Lady Gaga is awesome in her own right! :cool: I wouldn't list her as a guilty pleasure though, because I don't feel guilty about liking her. :p

I also love acoustic versions of pop songs though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Lady Gaga for the WIN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Little Boots!
    I don't see me liking her as the guilty pleasure, as I think she's quite a talented artist;

Is a pretty damn awesome performance!
    But the guilty pleasure is that i actually LOVE her. As in knowing all the lyrics to all the songs on her album. Was lucky enough to see her doing an acoustic set at the isle of wight festival earlier on this summer, and she was amazing.
    Quite drunk, i was belting out all the words, and there happened to be about 5-6 ~50-60 year olds in front of me and my friend. One of them turned around to me and said "wow you really are a big fan aren't you."
    As a 19 year old guy twas a little bit embarrassing, especially with my mate giving me stick for it the rest of the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Barr

Watching the Kardashians - I blame my gf.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Romeo and Juliet...........swoon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Really really cheesy romantic movies <3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Romeo and Juliet...........swoon!!

Shakespeare is not a guilty pleasure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Jay P wrote: »
    Shakespeare is not a guilty pleasure!

Baz Luhrmann is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Superbus wrote: »
    Baz Luhrmann is though.

As is Leonardo DiCaprio =D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

I love the old one, the original Romeo and Juliet...when they wore tights :P

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

Heres me surfing the web for new shows to watch... I keep hearing about this show called "Pretty Little Liars". I watch the first episode. Its awful. Its cringey. The acting, the dialogue, the entire concept.. is just horrible.

But I'm addicted:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭seanob43

my guilty pleasure was pokemon but have slowly grown out of the games.anyone want to relive those meomrys ? <snip>

Advertisement