Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o2 contract length?

• 23-06-2009 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got any experience of the 30 day contract?

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Shop/Broadband/Buy+Broadband+now/

The way I am reading it is that you can get a 30 day contract and can cancel after that, so its almost, but not quite, pay as you go.

Thing is, I want to make sure I am not misunderstanding the plan (I have checked here and on the O2 forums and their T&C) but was wondering if anyone has tried it for a short period? I emailed them but it will take a few days to get back to me.

Basically I need portable internet for July and August but want to stay clear of 3 (even though pay as you go is what I want) given the experiences of people here.....................:) I have never had portable bb before so am unfamiliar with the general workings/t&c etc.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

30 day contract = sign up today, give 30 days notice of your intention to cancel on 23/07/09, cancel 23/08/09. 2 months and nothing more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Thanks, it seemed too good to be true, good to know my brain isn't as fried as I thought :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

IsThatSo? wrote: »
    Thanks, it seemed too good to be true, good to know my brain isn't as fried as I thought :P
    with o2 you will only get half the download allowance that three offer for €5 extra per month and the o2 service can be just as unstable as three's service in some areas especially after 6pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

IsThatSo? wrote: »
    Has anyone got any experience of the 30 day contract?

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Shop/Broadband/Buy+Broadband+now/

The way I am reading it is that you can get a 30 day contract and can cancel after that, so its almost, but not quite, pay as you go.

Thing is, I want to make sure I am not misunderstanding the plan (I have checked here and on the O2 forums and their T&C) but was wondering if anyone has tried it for a short period? I emailed them but it will take a few days to get back to me.

Basically I need portable internet for July and August but want to stay clear of 3 (even though pay as you go is what I want) given the experiences of people here.....................:) I have never had portable bb before so am unfamiliar with the general workings/t&c etc.

Thanks.

Seems all is not well in the O2 camp also with regards speeds
    http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=120&page=37

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

foggy_lad wrote: »
    with o2 you will only get half the download allowance that three offer for €5 extra per month and the o2 service can be just as unstable as three's service in some areas especially after 6pm

Agreed, but 3 does not work where I will be staying (tried it last summer) and o2 does so that sorts that one out for me:) I wouldn't get near 5 gig anyway so am happy enough with that cap.

The speed issue would probably be more of a problem as am used to a 10mb line at home, but its worth a shot. Worst that happens is that I return it under the 7 day satisfaction thingy.

Thanks for all input :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement