Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preparing for a drinking session

Options
  • 23-06-2009 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭

What do you do to prepare for a massive drinking session?

I have a wedding coming up on Sunday so in order to get myself into top condition I'll be starting on Friday night with 7 or 8 drinks. Saturday will be spent napping, eating & a good few drinks that night.
    On Sunday I'll have fillet steak, eggs, beans, mushrooms, chips & toast for my breakfast washed down with as much water as I can handle.

I was telling a friend about my system & she thought it was really strange. But I drink on the Friday & Saturday night to build up my tolerance for an all day Sunday session. And my breakfast on Sunday will set me up for the day until I get to the meal.

She thinks it's strange because it's usually a thing men do. But if I don't put the work in I'll be the drunk girl staggering around at 11 o'clock in the night. But it works for me really well. If all goes to plan I'll be the drunk girl staggering around at 5 o'clock in the morning so I won't have missed out on much & the lucky people left around me might just be fortunate enough to hear me belt out a few rebel songs :D

Anyone else have any rituals they go through for a good drinking session?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I tend to find drinking a feck load of beer pretty much does the trick, no need to complicate matters any further

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

& a good few drinks Saturday night....
    ....On Sunday I'll have fillet steak, eggs, beans, mushrooms, chips & toast for my breakfast

Yeah, well if you're able to eat that for breakfast you've already failed at the drinking part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

easyeason3 wrote: »

I have a wedding coming up on Sunday so in order to get myself into top condition I'll be starting on Friday night with 7 or 8 drinks. Saturday will be spent napping, eating & a good few drinks that night.
    On Sunday I'll have fillet steak, eggs, beans, mushrooms, chips & toast for my breakfast washed down with as much water as I can handle.

I was telling a friend about my system & she thought it was really strange. But I drink on the Friday & Saturday night to build up my tolerance for an all day Sunday session. And my breakfast on Sunday will set me up for the day until I get to the meal.

She thinks it's strange because it's usually a thing men do. But if I don't put the work in I'll be the drunk girl staggering around at 11 o'clock in the night. But it works for me really well. If all goes to plan I'll be the drunk girl staggering around at 5 o'clock in the morning so I won't have missed out on much & the lucky people left around me might just be fortunate enough to hear me belt out a few rebel songs :D

I'll bet that if I bumped into you at 5am staggering about then it really would be easyseason...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I'll bet that if I bumped into you at 5am staggering about then it really would be easyseason...

I have standards, even at 5 o'clock in the morning.
    I'm not sure what they would be, but damn it, I have standards :D
    Get me a drink & we can talk about it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I think someone needs an intervention.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

For whom the ale flows...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

So you want to eat a load of junk food so that if your addiction to alcohol doesn't kill you, a heart attack will.
    Yeah, super idea. :confused:

bluewolf wrote: »
    So you want to eat a load of junk food so that if your addiction to alcohol doesn't kill you, a heart attack will.

Who said anything about an addiction?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Have to hand it to you Op, you've got what looks like a good system there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Are you a big girl? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Fillet steak is junk food now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

That seems awfully complicated OP. I usually just make sure I have a full stomach before I start.

However I found out last Friday night that eating an entire pizza and then drinking a bottle of liquor can result in vomiting everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Are you reading another thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'm confused why you need to prepare beyond either (a) making sure you have cash or (b) making sure you have enough beer.

You can drink or you can't. It's not something you can solve with a fry on a weekend ...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

napping??? food??????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Fillet steak is junk food now?

It is unless you're a dirty peasant I suppose.

Who said anything about an addiction?

Ah sorry - I must have misread the "the only way to stop myself stumbling around drunk at 5am is to eat more" post :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

To prep for a big day/night out drinking, you need to have a good ****!
    Don't go out with a loaded gun in your pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭well horse

Ah sorry - I must have misread the "the only way to stop myself stumbling around drunk at 5am is to eat more" post :confused:

I bet that you're doing the special K challenge o something and annoyed that your starving and so feel the need to give out to anybody who dosen't feel under pressure to do what you're doing.

Only slagging hey!..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I ususaly drink 4 cans...head into town, drink a few pints and finish off the night with junk food that I wouldn't touch if I was sober

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭An Ard Ri

I see exactly where you are coming including the rebel songs. In fact i could have written the same post (minus the steak for breakfast bit). One needs to prepare properly. And if to stick to bottle of beers you might last till the elderly relatives are having breakfast the next day.

To keep youself in tip top condition, have a few milk thistle tablets a few days before the event, and a Berocca tablet before you go drinking to build up the B vitamins.

Enjoy the wedding, and have a blast of Sean South from me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

To prep for a big day/night out drinking, you need to have a good ****!
    Don't go out with a loaded gun in your pocket.

I couldnt agree more. To paraphrase Robin Williams , God gave men a dick and a brain but not enough blood to use both at the same time. Throw in a bowel ful of booze and the likelihood is that neither will work very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Was at a wedding last weekend.
    Friday night went out for just 2 or 3.
    Saturday was the wedding day. Just had a rasher sandwich for breakfast, no fillet steak for me.
    Then took it easy until after the meal (stuck to the long neck bottles). After i recovered from the meal, i let fly on the beer, and was grand til 5am.
    Went at it all day sunday too. No berocca, or headache tablets, or any other cures, so i would recommend taking them.
    I still feel rubbish, but it was worth it. Enjoy the wedding.

Random wrote: »
    I'm confused why you need to prepare beyond either (a) making sure you have cash or (b) making sure you have enough beer.

You can drink or you can't. It's not something you can solve with a fry on a weekend ...

Yeah but for an all day & night session I can usually last much longer if I have had a few drinks a day or two beforehand. I don't know why it works for me but it does.
    The big breakfast lines my belly in case the meal is yucky.

To Matthew Reilly:
    No I'm not a big girl. I'm like a little blonde fairy which is why I have to put an effort in to last the day & night out. Otherwise I'd be put to bed very early in the night & that wouldn't do at all, I might miss something :D

No I'm not a big girl. I'm like a little blonde fairy which is why I have to put an effort in to last the day & night out. Otherwise I'd be put to bed very early in the night & that wouldn't do at all, I might miss something :D

Ok seriously, I have to ask, why don't you just drink less or keep drinking pints of water in between drinks instead of going through all this hoohaa? :confused:

Ok seriously, I have to ask, why don't you just drink less or keep drinking pints of water in between drinks instead of going through all this hoohaa? :confused:

I'll be in a round with a few others so pints of water aren't an option & I wouldn't do that anyway.
    Yeah I could drink less but that will go out the window after I have a few & because if I don't really want to drink less.
    I'm on the piss for the weekend, it's all or nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Solpadine for the hangover. There is no better way of riding oneself of the tumour that grows while your sleeping.

cock robin wrote: »
    Solpadine for the hangover. There is no better way of riding oneself of the tumour that grows while your sleeping.

Do ya often ride yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

This is how i prepare.

Check for

1. Wallet with money in it

2. Keys

3. Phone

4. Clean underwear

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dunnomede?

last time i drank water between pints i puked (serves me right for bein a pussy) and i rarely if ever puke from just drinkin alcohol

Advertisement