If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1/2 PRICE FLOG OFF - Tuesday 23rd June

• 23-06-2009 6:30pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭

Ok Boardies,

EDIT: Ignore the quantity figure below! We have managed to secure more of these beauties now in response to the Boardies demand - and we have reduced the price to £49.95 OR €49.99 (who does the figures in our foreign exchange dept???!)

I have about 10 of the Philips AJL308 which is a bit of a strange product!

It's a 7" Digital Picture Frame with USB/SD card slot.

Now it starts to get a bit weird (but useful!) it is also a Clock radio with dual alarm and FM Radio - and for the hippies out there it also has preloaded 'relaxation' music....

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/a/ajl308_98/ajl308_98_pss_aen.pdf

That's the link to the product site - as all Boardies will know - we have never done a duff deal on this kind of weirdo kit - so £49.99 really is a steal for this unit (the cheapest price I can find online is £69.95 - or about 40% more expensive than our price!!)

As ever please post here and we will contact you by PM tomorrow,

Thanks as ever,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Anthony1

HI John,

I'll take one of them. I can pick it up in the Philips shop on Saturday if that's ok.

Just to confirm the price is it STG£ 49.99 or € 49.99 ?

Cheers,
    Anthony

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Anthony,

Thanks for the post and apologis it's taken me so long to reply!

The price is £49.99 / €55 - that's already 1/2 price!

We don't have stock in The Philips Shop - however I can have some sent down there for Monday if you would like to collect one from there?

Thanks again for the post and drop me a line if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 la poim

I'll take one of these as well. . .will pick it up in philips store.Let me know when its in.
    Also , im in the market for a multiregion bluray. . .any price-sensitive recommendations!? panasonic bd80/60 ? perhaps
    Many thanks
    Nice to see we're back to a responsive forum again!

Guys,

Thanks again,

I have arranged for some AJL308's to come down to The Philips Shop for collection for Friday afternoon.

Ash will monitor this thread and reserve the kit for all Boardie posters.

Thanks about the 'responsive forum' post la poim, yep I just got bogged down in 'stuff' - won't happen again!

Re. Blu Ray - Philips have just released the excellent BDP3000 including Slumdog Millionaire on Blu Ray - if anyone wants to grab one of these WITH an AJL308 - I'm happy to do a pack with the 2 at just €245!!!! We have not cracked the Multi region on the BDP3000 yet - but it should not take us too long! Alternatively we do stock the LG BD370 MULTI REGION for SD discs at just £159.95 and the Panasonic BD35 in multo region mode at just £179.95 and this unit is MULTI REGION for Standard Def discs.

Keep me posted and again apologies that I went to sleep a little!

Best regards,

John Mc
    la poim wrote: »
    I'll take one of these as well. . .will pick it up in philips store.Let me know when its in.
    Also , im in the market for a multiregion bluray. . .any price-sensitive recommendations!? panasonic bd80/60 ? perhaps
    Many thanks
    Nice to see we're back to a responsive forum again!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭johndoe77ie

John/Ash
    Put me down for one. I'll collect from the philips shop.
    Rgds JD

• Advertisement

JD,

Thanks for that (again)

John Mc loves regulars!

We (should) get the 1st batch into The Philips Shop tomorrow afternoon now (DPD allowing!) - so you can roll up there and collect once you have reserved one here! (and you can oogle the MEGA new 56" 21:9 Cinewide screen at the same time - (OMG I NEED ONE!)

Thanks again,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Anthony1

Great stuff John, I'll collect mine on Saturday morning from the Philips shop.

Anthony

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Twiki

Hi John

Can you reserve one for me too please? I'd be on for collection in Dublin.

Thanking you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Hi John,
    Could you hold one of these for me please but on one condition and that is it will help me to sleep in these hot humid nights. I'm not a hippy but the relaxation music might just work.:D I will collect it from the store on Saturday if thats ok.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

Could you please put me down for one also - will be in on Saturday to collect

Fergus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Could you please put my name down for one as well- can collect from the Philips shop tomorrow afternoon if they have arrived.

Have actually been looking for something like this since I need something small to play relaxing tunes to get to sleep these days.

Tim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

Hi John

Could you actually put me down for a second as it would be perfect for a gift. Could I clarify if there will be some in later this afternoon as will be in town from 5.30 onwards and could collect if there are any available after those in front of me.

Many thanks

Matt,

I'm not sure if there will be enough to allow you 2 today!

There are a few due down into The Philips Shop tomorrow and more due in tomorrow - I'll get Nicola to post in the next couple of hours.

Thanks Guys,

ATB,

John Mc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi all,

Ok we have just received the first of the AJL308's in to our shop. The remainder have been dispatched from Richer Sounds today so we should see them tomorrow hopefully. I have reserved stock in the order you have posted. So...

Anthony1 - Ready to collect in Philips Shop
    La Poim - Ready to collect in Philips Shop
    Johndoe77ie - Ready to collect in Philips Shop
    Twiki - Ready to collect in Philips Shop
    Rednik - Ready to collect in Philips Shop

Matt bianco - I should have your 2 here tomorrow
    Irishbigfoot - Yours should be here tomorrow too.

As far as I know that leaves about 4 free. We dug around and managed to get 12 together. If any more become available it will be posted here.

Thanks a million! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Ash can you stick me down for one, will pick up in Philips shop

No worries davidsatelle100. That should be in tomorrow for collection.

Thanks, Nicola.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

i will take one ,can collect in philips shop dame street

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

Hi Ash / John,

Can you put my name down for one please?

Thanks,
    Chris

Ok two more gone...

Danielle Door - Yours is due in to us tomorrow and will be held

JethroC - Yours is also due down to us tomorrow.

That leaves just one for the moment unless we can scare up a few more!

Thanks again all, Nicola.

The story so far….

Anthony1 - Ready to collect in Philips Shop
    La Poim - Ready to collect in Philips Shop
    Johndoe77ie - Ready to collect in Philips Shop
    Twiki - Ready to collect in Philips Shop
    Rednik - Ready to collect in Philips Shop

Matt bianco - I should have your 2 here tomorrow
    Irishbigfoot - Yours should be here tomorrow too.
    Davidsatelle100 - Due to arrive in tomorrow
    Danielle Door - Yours is due in to us tomorrow and will be held
    JethroC - Yours is also due down to us tomorrow.

There is one still available and I think that will be the last of the AJL308’s we see.

As always we will post here first should we see any more.

Thanks, Nicola.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

what time can i collect from what do i ask for whn i go in i have not done this before, thanks is the price in euro of pound?

sorry:o

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

I have one of these little units in the bedroom, quite handy for the missus to play some music on without a full blown hi-fi.

Just a couple of points that niggle though: the display is extremely bright - I had a hard time getting to sleep with it beside me. I know there are 4 levels of brightness setting, but I found that the lowest two emitted a slight 'whine' which was v. annoying. A solution I found was to get one of those plastic paper holders from a stationary shop, that was a dark, smoky brown. I cut it to fit the display and it dimmed it just right :)

The 'relaxation' music isn't actually all that bad either... :rolleyes:

Sprocker,

thanks for the recommendation!

Bet you paid more than €49.99 for it!!!

If you have a 'whining' 308 you can drop it back to me no problem and we will swap it over for you.

Thanks again and keep me posted if you need a swappie,

ATB,

John Mc

Spocker wrote: »
    I have one of these little units in the bedroom, quite handy for the missus to play some music on without a full blown hi-fi.

Just a couple of points that niggle though: the display is extremely bright - I had a hard time getting to sleep with it beside me. I know there are 4 levels of brightness setting, but I found that the lowest two emitted a slight 'whine' which was v. annoying. A solution I found was to get one of those plastic paper holders from a stationary shop, that was a dark, smoky brown. I cut it to fit the display and it dimmed it just right :)

The 'relaxation' music isn't actually all that bad either... :rolleyes:

Hi everyone,

Ok have some good news about the AJL308's!

John has managed to get his hands on more of these brilliant units.

The next arrival will be around mid next week and here's the cherry on top...the price for everyone who has already posted and anyone else who might fancy one has dropped to €49.99 euro!

You can collect these in the Philips Store in Dame Street, Dublin or we can ship to you anywhere in the country for €11.99.

Thanks to all, Nicola.

Thanks for that John, thats way over and above the call of duty , given that it wouldn't have been bought from you (and yes she did pay a lot more than €49.99 for it!)

I'll check when I get home, as I think it may have been a slightly earlier model?

Hey danielle_door,

We should see your unit in here tomorrow sometime in the afternoon so I'll send you a quick PM to say it's here.

All you need to do when you pop in the store tell any member of the staff your here to collect your AJL308 you have booked for yourself. You'll be asked for your boards.ie name as its the reference name we have each unit held under and that's it.

If you want to ask for me when you pop in that's cool.

See you soon, Nicola.
    what time can i collect from what do i ask for whn i go in i have not done this before, thanks is the price in euro of pound?

sorry:o

johnmc wrote: »
    If you have a 'whining' 308 you can drop it back to me no problem and we will swap it over for you.

Thanks again and keep me posted if you need a swappie,

ATB,

John Mc
    I'll take you up on the offer of a swap. My unit is a AJL308/12 if its any help. I'm in Kilkenny, so just let me know where to send it to and how I can pay for return postage.; let meknow if I need an RMA number too of if you guys need a serial number.

Cheers

Spocker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Any of these left for 50 euro?

Kronos,

yep - I just managed to snaffle another big load of them from Lisa at Philips (Thanks Lisa! xx) and even better we are doing the next few at €49.99!!!

So just post if you would like one and we will get you sorted!

Thanks as ever,

John Mc

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I'll take one please.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.