If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1/2 PRICE FLOG OFF - Tuesday 23rd June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭podger456

Stick me down for one John. No chance you'd ship me down a UT32MH70 as well!?!:D
    Ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Everyone!

We Have just recieved in the second bundle of AJL308's.

Cronos - Yours is held and available in store

Copacetic - I will have more stock mid next week so will PM you when it comes in

Podger - Mid next week too and I'll PM you when I see them.

Thanks! Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Mine there now Ash\Nicola??

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Spocker wrote: »
    I have one of these little units in the bedroom, quite handy for the missus to play some music on without a full blown hi-fi.

Just a couple of points that niggle though: the display is extremely bright - I had a hard time getting to sleep with it beside me. I know there are 4 levels of brightness setting, but I found that the lowest two emitted a slight 'whine' which was v. annoying. A solution I found was to get one of those plastic paper holders from a stationary shop, that was a dark, smoky brown. I cut it to fit the display and it dimmed it just right :)

The 'relaxation' music isn't actually all that bad either... :rolleyes:

Just a note on the whine from Philips support site

Question
    What can be the problem when I heard a high pitch noise from the device?

Answer

The device is not in clock mode when you do not use it.

* Press CLOCK button to switch the device to clock mode when you do not use it to mute the pitch noise.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

podger456 wrote: »
    Stick me down for one John. No chance you'd ship me down a UT32MH70 as well!?!:D
    Ta

Wish I could podger!

We do have a (very) few in Belfast if you wanted to make the trip (go on lots of temptation up there!)

I have asked Ash to resreve an AJL308 for you - thert are a steal at that money

Thanks again,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

Hi John / Nicola,
    I just picked up my AJL308 in the Philips store (thanks Nicola) and have just started to use it. Very nice piece of equipment and a great price too but there's one problem...I'm not normally one to complain but the model I have doesn't play DivX or MPEG4 files. You gave a link to a AJL308/98 in the original post at the start of the thread which does play DivX and MPEG4 files but I received an AJL308/05. This doesn't play movie files. Now I'm not going to sit there looking at movies on the unit but it'd be more for home made movies of my baby girl playing in the background when we've family over. Can you check the model numbers of the others you have to see if you have a AJL308/98 in stock and if so it is possible to get it changed?

Thanks,
    Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

JethroC wrote: »
    Hi John / Nicola,
    I just picked up my AJL308 in the Philips store (thanks Nicola) and have just started to use it. Very nice piece of equipment and a great price too but there's one problem...I'm not normally one to complain but the model I have doesn't play DivX or MPEG4 files. You gave a link to a AJL308/98 in the original post at the start of the thread which does play DivX and MPEG4 files but I received an AJL308/05. This doesn't play movie files. Now I'm not going to sit there looking at movies on the unit but it'd be more for home made movies of my baby girl playing in the background when we've family over. Can you check the model numbers of the others you have to see if you have a AJL308/98 in stock and if so it is possible to get it changed?

Thanks,
    Chris

Can you check the same for mine please?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Argh- same here please. Picked it up today and had planned on using it for Divx as well on occasion. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Argh- same here please. Picked it up today and had planned on using it for Divx as well on occasion. Thanks.

+1

Hi everyone,

Just saw the posts now about the /98 and the /05. :eek:

A very big big sorry to all. It was an error in the original post.

The link posted connected to the AJL308/98 which is only available in Asia and does play DivX and MPEG4. We cannot get stock of that particular one in Ireland.

The Irish and UK version available here is the AJL308/05 (see correct link below) and it does not play DivX or MPEG4.
    There is no software update for this as it is different hardware inside the devices.

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/a/ajl308_05/ajl308_05_pss_eng.pdf

Anyone who has bought one and taken it home I am very sorry and please please do not hesitate to bring it back in for a full refund if its not what you're after.

And if you decide against your purchase and havn't collected please just pop up a quick post so I can free up the units for others.

Once again a huge sorry for any inconvenience this has caused!

Thanks all, Nicola.

• Advertisement

Boardies,

Yep sorry it was actually me who posted the original link and there is a different slash version that I was not aware of! :o

Again if anyone wants to return them, no worries - we are more than happy to issue a full refund (we lose chunks on these anyway!)

Again apologies!

ATB
    John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

copacetic wrote: »
    I'll take one please.

I'll have to cancel this due to it not being the one in the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

No need to take me off the list, I should be in to collect it by monday. If I cant ill let you know so you can free it up.

No worries Copacetic I'll free that one up. Thanks for letting me know.

Cronos yours is here so whenever is handy for you to collect.

Thanks, Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭podger456

The link posted connected to the AJL308/98 which is only available in Asia and does play DivX and MPEG4. We cannot get stock of that particular one in Ireland.

Ah, pity! will have to back out too I'm afraid...still a good offer, but was hoping for the divx one. thanks

Thats grand Podger. Thanks for letting me know. Nicola.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Hi ash
    Can you put me down for 1 perfect gift for somebody!!
    And not me genuinelly!
    Cab

Hi Cabrwab

I'll have one reserved for you from the next batch in

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lilywhite

AshMiller wrote: »
    Hi Cabrwab

I'll have one reserved for you from the next batch in

Cheers
    Ash

hi ash
    can you please reserve two of these for me please
    when and where can i pick up.
    thanks
    m

Hi Lilywhite

Two on my reserve list for you.

I'll let you know when they are in stock

Thanks
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 GJU

Hi Ash,

Can you put me down for one?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

To John and Ash
    Sorry I didn't make it in myself on Sat to collect, but my daughter collected it for me as I was tuning in my air guitar for Punchestown. :D. My sleep pattern hasn't improved :eek: but I have to say great product and great value. Thanks a million for a fantastic service and good luck to all of you. Now where are my ACDC photos.:)

Bet that was a good gig.
    No end of Air Guitar there I'd reckon!

Glad your enjoying your Photo Alarm clock, whilst it wont help you sleep it will certainly wake you up.

GJU - will reserve one for you as well.

cheers
    ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭mobby

Hi Ash,

Put be down for one please. will Collect when available.

Regards

Hi Mobby

No worries.
    I'll add you to the list and let you know when they land in on us

thanks
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

Hi Ash,

I'll take one of these when they are available too

Thanks

Hi Leprechaun77

Thanks, on the list.
    I'll let you know when it arrives

Cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Any word on these yet Ash?

cabrwab wrote: »
    Any word on these yet Ash?

Car & other AJL'ers,

sorry for the delay on the next batch of these - I'll chase them tomorrow and post the news (they are coming don't worry!)

ATB,

John Mc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Can I have one of these too, please?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.