Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Q & A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bobarena

Fewcifur wrote: »
    How do you take advantage of a team with really poor discipline as their main weakness?

Does playing aggressively force them to make more mistakes, or would I just be evening the playing field by doing that?

If you play more PNG, that will draw more pens. PNG gives you little yardage, but better body positions in the Ruck to keep possession Therefore, The more phases of PNG you have, you are playing safe, keeping possession and eventually the other team will infringe.

A good tactic if you're up against a team which has better Rucking than yours but poorer discipline and who you fancy will play a lot of ball via PNG and Driving, is to play By The Book. Since you are outclassed at the breakdown, you may as well maintain your discipline and win the penalty count. That can bring you more field and possession than trying to overcompete and ship penalties to the opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

bobarena wrote: »
    If you play more PNG, that will draw more pens. PNG gives you little yardage, but better body positions in the Ruck to keep possession Therefore, The more phases of PNG you have, you are playing safe, keeping possession and eventually the other team will infringe.

A good tactic if you're up against a team which has better Rucking than yours but poorer discipline and who you fancy will play a lot of ball via PNG and Driving, is to play By The Book. Since you are outclassed at the breakdown, you may as well maintain your discipline and win the penalty count. That can bring you more field and possession than trying to overcompete and ship penalties to the opposition.

Wish I had thought of by the book last night, team I played had better rucking and worse discipline, lost on the penalties they knocked over, even tho I won more penalties they were obviously not in the red zone. :(

Learn new tactics everyday in this game! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I was just wondering if anyone had found a browser for android that allows scrolling on BR pages. Have tried stock and Dolphin, but to no avail. I know that it can be done on iPad/iPhone, and so hoped it might be for Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

nothing iv used on android has worked.. n its an awful pain in the breasts .... i do most of my BRing when im sitting on the couch trying to ignore the word vomit going on around me, ended up gettin an ipad n the scrolling on it is perfect, n i dont feel like i need glasses to see what im reading

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Zagato wrote: »
    I was just wondering if anyone had found a browser for android that allows scrolling on BR pages. Have tried stock and Dolphin, but to no avail. I know that it can be done on iPad/iPhone, and so hoped it might be for Android.
    FireFox works according to some chat in the clubrooms...

• Advertisement

crisco10 wrote: »
    FireFox works according to some chat in the clubrooms...

Thanks, I'll give it a bash, tried it before as browser but found it quite slow/heavy -but I could always just use it for BR

Thanks, I'll give it a bash, tried it before as browser but found it quite slow/heavy -but I could always just use it for BR

Tried FF beta there, scrolling works but still can't change the sliders. Improvement at least now.

Can't understand why it does not work :(

Thanks for the tip, using Firefox now for BR, Dolphin HD for everything else

Does anyone know if there is any method to how your Scout picks junior recruits?

Like if you promote a prop, does he look for a shortish fat guy? Or do the skills you train your junior team influence his choice?

While I think of it, I've been meaning to ask for a while (I should have been able to work this out on my own by now) does players physique change, as they get older/stronger, do they get heavier? Or can they grow taller after 16yrs?

Does anyone know if there is any method to how your Scout picks junior recruits?
    Like if you promote a prop, does he look for a shortish fat guy? Or do the skills you train your junior team influence his choice?

People discuss and no firm consensus. some say random, some say like for like. I reckon its like for like within a certain % range. I also think there is code there to say certain number of forwards and backs. but not props/2nds etc. I have a load of backrow but not much 2nd row material for example.

While I think of it, I've been meaning to ask for a while (I should have been able to work this out on my own by now) does players physique change, as they get older/stronger, do they get heavier? Or can they grow taller after 16yrs?

Nope once comes into the academy his non-trainables are exactly that non-trainable and do not change over his whole playing career.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

eoferrall wrote: »
    I also think there is code there to say certain number of forwards and backs. but not props/2nds etc.

the ya will always have 5 front rows, 3 2nd rows, 4 back rows, 3 half backs, 3 centres, and 4 3/4's. - thats from the horses mouth(or fingers in this case - strange horse)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

BIG HEFTY CENTRES, iv seen quite a few teams using big barrels of lads as centres, as in guys who could be hookers, 117kg, 185 height, if these guys have high stamina, handling, attack, strength and defence.. would they be wrecking balls?? or just to fat n easy to grap for a tackle?!

TheJims wrote: »
    BIG HEFTY CENTRES, iv seen quite a few teams using big barrels of lads as centres, as in guys who could be hookers, 117kg, 185 height, if these guys have high stamina, handling, attack, strength and defence.. would they be wrecking balls?? or just to fat n easy to grap for a tackle?!

I've tried to play big back row players at first centre, alright, but I find guys like above rarely have good agility which is important for line breaks (I think)

TheJims wrote: »
    I've tried to play big back row players at first centre, alright, but I find guys like above rarely have good agility which is important for line breaks (I think)

As Zagato says, some teams will have these players, but they will have been trained as backs so have high attack speed etc and agility.

the benefit is the extra weight they bring, can really help. I noticed it when my first centre was injured. he was near top of the league in broken tackles and try assists. another season of training and I'll have a playa!:pac:

But now with the weight limitation on speed training etc, might see less of these guys becoming backs!

I noticed last season that my attendances were much higher against stronger opposition or for more important games - seems sensible.

What I'm wondering now, is that now I have been relegated into a league full of bots, will anyone bother coming to the games? - could do with the cash

people will still come, don't worry. steady crowds depending on the contentment. what you experienced before was the bigger teams bigger travelling support (ie more members).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Just drafted this kid today from the academy. Dont really have any training slots available but he would fit into team quite well if i sacrificed training of one other. Whats a rough estimate of how much he would sell for?

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=10725668

Age 17
    CSR 21,683
    Weight 91kg
    Height 189cm

A psychotic player with controlled discipline, impressive leadership, and non-existent experience.

Stamina: 7 Handling: 4
    Attack: 10 Defense: 6
    Technique: 5 Strength: 5
    Jumping: 4 Speed: 10
    Agility: 10 Kicking: 6

Trippie wrote: »
    Just drafted this kid today from the academy. Dont really have any training slots available but he would fit into team quite well if i sacrificed training of one other. Whats a rough estimate of how much he would sell for?

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=10725668

Age 17
    CSR 21,683
    Weight 91kg
    Height 189cm

A psychotic player with controlled discipline, impressive leadership, and non-existent experience.

Stamina: 7 Handling: 4
    Attack: 10 Defense: 6
    Technique: 5 Strength: 5
    Jumping: 4 Speed: 10
    Agility: 10 Kicking: 6

market seems to have slowed down. have a guy very similar about to end in a few mins and the bid is only 31k... week or two ago would have been easily twice that! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I'd say you would get a minimum of 100k. Have a look at the players on it right now.

ajeffares wrote: »
    I'd say you would get a minimum of 100k. Have a look at the players on it right now.

I wouldn't say that much, I've noticed a lot of the bidding has gone right down. everyone has burnt through their cash.

as I said I sold a guy very similar in stats and he only went for 31k.. distraught I was needed that cash :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

eoferrall wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that much, I've noticed a lot of the bidding has gone right down. everyone has burnt through their cash.

as I said I sold a guy very similar in stats and he only went for 31k.. distraught I was needed that cash :(

Cup season is starting though. Everyone will have their wallets filled very fast.

• Advertisement

ajeffares wrote: »
    Cup season is starting though. Everyone will have their wallets filled very fast.

yup and I am too broke to recall my other guy on the market... going to go for peanuts :(

So, does kicking more reduce your energy hit, just I've a lot of bot games at the moment and doesn't matter how much I win by in the cup, so if I kick for touch 70% of the time for arguments sake, should mean less running, and less energy required.

Our is it just based on your stamina and intensity level

So, does kicking more reduce your energy hit, just I've a lot of bot games at the moment and doesn't matter how much I win by in the cup, so if I kick for touch 70% of the time for arguments sake, should mean less running, and less energy required.

I've been wondering this too and would like an answer if anyone has it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Is there a way to find out how many stars you used scouting a new player, i had them written down, but i've lot the sheet, now my last 2 pulls have been guesses as to who i thought where 20 star recruits and both turned out to be the auto recruits with a measly 10k csr and 8 stars used :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

bossa_nova wrote: »
    Is there a way to find out how many stars you used scouting a new player, i had them written down, but i've lot the sheet, now my last 2 pulls have been guesses as to who i thought where 20 star recruits and both turned out to be the auto recruits with a measly 10k csr and 8 stars used :o

click on the player, it says it. even on junior squad list it says how many stars. no need to bother writing stuff down

bossa_nova wrote: »

Only for premium I think. You can find out for the players you've promoted by going to their history -but it's not as useful by then :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Yeah I don't have a premium account :o, on the plus side my pull today helped scout me a 206cm, 113kg aggressive controlled lock:p

anyone with premium can look at your juniors and tell you how many stars were used for which players...
    wardorf 35*
    barry 30*
    wardlaw 25*
    mcHugh 24*
    heatherman 16*
    Brennan 16*
    McMenamin 9*

the rest are 8* or below or 0
    wasnt sure gideons was your team but wardork is 206cm 103kg aggressive controlled so must be your team (the k is a typeo i decided to leave in :p)

i would bet a few quid its just down to intensity,absolutely nothing to back it up really,but i've never noticed a differance in energy from playing 100% kicking on mondays(outside having injuries on the field). and each level of stamina past a point reduces the hit by 0.1 energy levels (1%)on normal intensity or something like that.

• Advertisement

anyone else having issues trying to get into BR today?

Advertisement