Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Q & A

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

nope, no issues for me. just been in several time tweaking tactics for tmw. thinderstorms... and my backs are my relative strong point. ah well. up the jumper time! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

davyboy had the same thing last week but rebooting worked for him :(

i'll try again later

try this link. its the alternative IP address, and usually works when main one is acting up

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

working fine today, must have fixed it when i was drunk:)

cclampett wrote: »
    working fine today, must have fixed it when i was drunk:)

Yes that's exactly what happened, 'fixed' it when drunk....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Drafted the young guy that I was told could be my first u20 star. training him with level 4 coach 2 times a week in Strength, Defense, technique, then 2 level 3 handling sessions and another level 3 technique and strength session. Should I be doing this differently or what?

Anthony Dunne

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=10862875

Weight 122kg
    Height 181cm
    Joined 5 Oct 2011 2:55pm
    Birthday Round 7, Day 3

Jersey
    Right handed, right footed, in average form .
    An aggressive player with controlled discipline, despicable leadership, and non-existent experience.
    Energy: Perfect %
    Stamina: 7 Handling: 10
    Attack: 7 Defense: 9
    Technique: 9 Strength: 9
    Jumping: 5 Speed: 5
    Agility: 4 Kicking: 3

Trippie wrote: »
    Drafted the young guy that I was told could be my first u20 star. training him with level 4 coach 2 times a week in Strength, Defense, technique, then 2 level 3 handling sessions and another level 3 technique and strength session. Should I be doing this differently or what?

Anthony Dunne

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=10862875

Weight 122kg
    Height 181cm
    Joined 5 Oct 2011 2:55pm
    Birthday Round 7, Day 3

Jersey
    Right handed, right footed, in average form .
    An aggressive player with controlled discipline, despicable leadership, and non-existent experience.
    Energy: Perfect %
    Stamina: 7 Handling: 10
    Attack: 7 Defense: 9
    Technique: 9 Strength: 9
    Jumping: 5 Speed: 5
    Agility: 4 Kicking: 3

i'd get him on 2 stamina session asap. 7 stamina is not good enough. i'd take the handling sessions and swap in the stamina until he is around 15/16 stamina. are you training for hooker or prop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

With the ability to use any defines type, what do you guys base your choice of defence on specifically?

ajeffares wrote: »
    With the ability to use any defines type, what do you guys base your choice of defence on specifically?

I have left it what it was. when I start analysing teams in league/cup I will select more specifically defense types. I will be selecting on how I expect the opposition to attack me to counter that.

you may have noticed I rolled over and took two up the bum in last two league games! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

eoferrall wrote: »
    I have left it what it was. when I start analysing teams in league/cup I will select more specifically defense types. I will be selecting on how I expect the opposition to attack me to counter that.

you may have noticed I rolled over and took two up the bum in last two league games! :o

Yeah I find it hard to decide which defence to use

• Advertisement

ajeffares wrote: »
    Yeah I find it hard to decide which defence to use

I'm not sure it changed too much in reality. I generally only played one type as it was too much keeping more than one at a very high level. the only thing that changed now is I have a choice... but whether I choose to leave good enough alone....

Quick question regarding coaching/training

I have a new head coach and level 5 attack coach in progress so will have them around middle of Jan. My question is whether I should upgrade my defensive coach to level 5 as well or use the money for training centre and get 29 sessions.

I have a superstar prop in the making and he is progressing at a great rate and I have who I think could be a lock for me in the future coming out of the academy around january so obviously a defensive coach would be better for him

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

Quick question regarding coaching/training

I have a new head coach and level 5 attack coach in progress so will have them around middle of Jan. My question is whether I should upgrade my defensive coach to level 5 as well or use the money for training centre and get 29 sessions.

I have a superstar prop in the making and he is progressing at a great rate and I have who I think could be a lock for me in the future coming out of the academy around january so obviously a defensive coach would be better for him
    sorry im a bit confused, what do have now? you have lvl3 coach ya? what lvl facilities? because theres no point in having lvl attack coach if you dont have lvl 5 facilities it be a waste of money

seanand wrote: »
    sorry im a bit confused, what do have now? you have lvl3 coach ya? what lvl facilities? because theres no point in having lvl attack coach if you dont have lvl 5 facilities it be a waste of money

I am upgrading to level 4 coach, will have him in 2 weeks, I have level 4 attack and defense coaches, again upgrading attack at the moment. I have level 3 facilities, I take it I should upgrade them asap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I am upgrading to level 4 coach, will have him in 2 weeks, I have level 4 attack and defense coaches, again upgrading attack at the moment. I have level 3 facilities, I take it I should upgrade them asap?

Coach-the guy who does team training, only goes up as far as level 3. Trainers-the individual session guys, go to level 5.

And yes its pointless having level 4 trainers without level 4 facilities. As seanad said its a waste of money.

Another stupid question. Have roughly about 200k in spare cash. my coach is being upgraded to level 3, have level 4 attack and defense trainers, constructing level 4 facilities. going to be promoting two superstars in recent weeks so will be training them. i want to level 5 facilities,coaches etc so just wondering what I should do

should i spend the cash on some older more experienced players or just use it for other means like try and time level 5 coach for same time as facilities etc, make my stadium bigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Personally I'd wait until you can afford the facilities first, which is around 500K. There is no point hiring the staff if they cant actually train at a level 5 standard.

Though depending on the size of your stadium you may need to work on that first to ensure that you can afford the salaries of the lvl 5 coaches, and the maintenance fees for the facilities as well.

satory wrote: »
    Personally I'd wait until you can afford the facilities first, which is around 500K. There is no point hiring the staff if they cant actually train at a level 5 standard.

Though depending on the size of your stadium you may need to work on that first to ensure that you can afford the salaries of the lvl 5 coaches, and the maintenance fees for the facilities as well.

Whats a rough guide to stadium size then?

I probably wouldnt be the best person to answer that... I have no idea how big my stadium is...

All I know is that I roughly managed to earn at the latter half of last season 100K per match week. I always look to add more seating as soon as I realise I need a bit more cash in my pocket...

satory wrote: »
    I probably wouldnt be the best person to answer that... I have no idea how big my stadium is...

All I know is that I roughly managed to earn at the latter half of last season 100K per match week. I always look to add more seating as soon as I realise I need a bit more cash in my pocket...
    is that 100k profit from match or 100k after its cancelled out the loss you inevitably making?

this is the spreadsheet i use

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CKuE7r8L&pli=1&key=0AudLI1nNpHAVdHBXY2YwbVBvUUlJOGZPWFozcHpHMXc&hl=en_GB&authkey=CKuE7r8L#gid=0

• Advertisement

Whats a rough guide to stadium size then?

used to be about 9.5 times your members, but with the supporters euphoria (or lack thereof!!) it can make it trickier. I still use the 9.5 guide and tend to round down a bit then so that i don't have an empty stadium too often.

I add more once i am selling out on buoyant/content consistently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

eoferrall wrote: »

I add more once i am selling out on buoyant/content consistently.

This.

Although i wouldnt be that picky about contentment. Once stadium is selling out time to upgrade.

This.

Although i wouldnt be that picky about contentment. Once stadium is selling out time to upgrade.

it's the accountant in me!:p don't upgrade till sure it is def needed rather than having several thousand empty seats on regular basis!

but really it's because being euphoric contentment can sell out but euphoric fans never lasts as contentment tends to content so I use that as the basis ie assume contentment will always be there, so have space for when above content to sell more tickets and the extra profit offsets days I am below content with reduced attendence. thus if selling out or nearly selling out, then not enough room and add in 2/3K more seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Zagato wrote: »
    I was just wondering if anyone had found a browser for android that allows scrolling on BR pages. Have tried stock and Dolphin, but to no avail. I know that it can be done on iPad/iPhone, and so hoped it might be for Android.

Just to update, as well as Firefox, scrolling seems to be working well for me on stock browser since I switched to ICS

Just noticed that one of the reveals for my Junior No 8 this week was 'High' I don't think I've ever seen a High before, and I've had some reasonable guys come out of my academy.

Does anyone know what the skill range is for Low, Medium and High?

From the Docs:
    The first step reveals a vague skill level, e.g. low (levels 1-5), medium (levels 6-10), and high (levels 11+). The second step reveals the actual skill level.

God I'm very lazy today :p

Zagato wrote: »
    God I'm very lazy today :p

No worries... In fact your question peeked my interest as I don't employ a Manager, for my youth team and as such don't get these reports..

high in what?

• Advertisement

Stamina, he's got 5 other mediums and low in kicking, with no full reveals yet. 45 stars 198cm, 111kg,
    Collected, Controlled, Decent in untrainables

Advertisement