Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Q & A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

he sounds great so, i think 9 was the highest iv had so far. do you have training?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I've level 3 training and coach for academy, and level 4 facilities and trainers when he's promoted - hoping he'll be worth training, my junior fullback is getting 3.5 to 4 stars too and he'll be turning 17 first, so will have to see :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 vinnyvinny

Hey guys,

I wanted your advice on kickers.

When selecting my kicker, what do I need to take into account? Is the kicking attribute the only important factor or do things such as experience and discipline also come into it?

Also I have to choose between one of these two players to play at number 10. Which one would YOU choose?

Player 1:

54,302 CSR, 22 years old, 89kg and 192cm
    Right handed, right footed, in [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Average')"]average[/URL] form.
    A [URL="javascript:showLevels('aggression','Collected')"]collected[/URL] player with [URL="javascript:showLevels('discipline','Reckless')"]reckless[/URL] discipline, [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Moderate')"]moderate[/URL] leadership, and [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Moderate')"]moderate[/URL] experience.
    Stamina: 12 Attack: 11 Technique: 6 Jumping: 4 Agility: 8 Handling:10 Defense: 11 Strength: 5 Speed: 8 Kicking: 14

Player 2:

34,681 CSR, 20 years old, 76kg and 185cm
    Right handed, right footed, in [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Average')"]average[/URL] form [URL="javascript:loadPlayerFormHistory(9934427,false,false);"]arrow.none.png[/URL].
    A [URL="javascript:showLevels('aggression','Timid')"]timid[/URL] player with [URL="javascript:showLevels('discipline','Controlled')"]controlled[/URL] discipline, [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Decent')"]decent[/URL] leadership, and [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Moderate')"]moderate[/URL] experience.

Stamina: 11 Attack: 11 Technique: 5 Jumping: 5 Agility: 10 Handling: 10 Defense: 5 Strength: 5 Speed: 10 Kicking: 9

Any advice is much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Without a doubt player one.

Kicking skill is by far the most important thing to look for. After that form, experience a little bit.

Weather can also affect kicking eg windy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Defense 5? No dice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Defense 5? No dice!

I wont put anyone on / near the field unless their is 9+. all My starting XV have 11+ lowest in matchday 22 would be 9.

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    I wont put anyone on / near the field unless their is 9+. all My starting XV have 11+ lowest in matchday 22 would be 9.

I'm similar these days, it's all about the big D.

hi guys just looking on advice on whether to go to lvl 3 ya or to lvl 5 senior facilities. iv currently have 500k in the bank making a lose of 38k a week with a match day profit of 150k and at least 140k price money for top4 in div iii so could afford lvl 5s by end of next season.
    or start upgrading my ya now? i do pay a nice bit of interest in ya so kind of leaning towards that

what do people think?

I'm similar these days, it's all about the big D.

All about attack for me!

seanand wrote: »
    hi guys just looking on advice on whether to go to lvl 3 ya or to lvl 5 senior facilities. iv currently have 500k in the bank making a lose of 38k a week with a match day profit of 150k and at least 140k price money for top4 in div iii so could afford lvl 5s by end of next season.
    or start upgrading my ya now? i do pay a nice bit of interest in ya so kind of leaning towards that

what do people think?

It would be lv 5 for me every time but if you're into the YA then you gotta go with your gut.

• Advertisement

what do people think?

I have level 3 YA and don't know how much it benefits me really. I would have thought that there is a huge price difference between level 3 YA and level 5 facilties -30,000 per week, before you employ level 5 trainers

Just had a look at my youth squad there and to be fair 10 pops in the last week of the ones I can see.

Also new Season 15 features suggest improved training with level 2 & 3 youth facilities/trainer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

I'd personally go with with lvl 3 YA first. Which is what i originally did, then went to lvl 5. I'd do the same again.

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    I'd personally go with with lvl 3 YA first. Which is what i originally did, then went to lvl 5. I'd do the same again.

ya i think your right plus id be able to afford lvl5 facilities sooner going with with ya than going with the lvl 5s first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I went with lvl 5's while the ya was still reasonably poor. With improvements this season and next season I probably would go with ya like most above say.

Unfortunately I can't afford to do the ya beyond a scout.

All about attack for me!

Wow, we just cancel each other out. We must never ever play for fear of the world imploding.

I'm considering investing in my YA now that they're making improvements in training.

How can a player be sold by "no one" ?

I assumed when a manager disappeared his whole team just disappeared, but I've found a whole team being sold off, yet there's no team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

How can a player be sold by "no one" ?

I assumed when a manager disappeared his whole team just disappeared, but I've found a whole team being sold off, yet there's no team.

If he's involved in the national set up or the U20's he goes on the transfer list i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Yep, and if you look at one of them on the tm all of them will show up in the squad list which gives you your team being sold with no team.

Yeah I've noticed that it only seems to be fairly high CSR players that are sold by no team. Pity I couldn't get one on a free transfer;)

Ah yeah, the lad I was looking at was a beast. Wonder what happens if nobody buys them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Ah yeah, the lad I was looking at was a beast. Wonder what happens if nobody buys them?

he retires.

Sad days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Thrown into a blender and fed to the academy. It's a rough old business :D

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

ive kinda forgot how to scout to an extent, anyone use a standard method that works for them?

i just didnt bother really last season, and now i'm finding it way harder than it used to be.

i never really had a method anyway, just picked out games to start with and looked at reporters summaries, try scorers positions, and flicked through player stats and squad pages till i made some decent assumptions before going into the match commentaries to verify whatever way my assumptions led, usually spent more time looking at the opposition they played to verify defence and see how different teams coped against them with whatever tactics.

somehow that usually worked and most teams played as expected on the day, these days they seem less cooperative :(

(i know ppl use tick the phase methods but its boring as hell)

the question above mine seems pretty much answered, but just to confirm it, if a player has ever been called up to a rep team, and the players club goes bot, all players in that club go onto the TM listed as a private sale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Really hard to scout now with free defences, if like me you change your defence weekly just for kicks. Tick each play type is stl the only way mate

Phonehead wrote: »
    Really hard to scout now with free defences, if like me you change your defence weekly just for kicks. Tick each play type is stl the only way mate

this is prob what most do if there anyway active, i know some in zim have preferences and use those in big games usually so maybe you have to find the on they use most

i personalty stuck to one all season as dont like or trust the other two fully and have gone with similar attack the last few games so if you want you can practive scout me and mail me what you think, defense im using attacks im using most, dangerous players and weak links the usual. it be interesting if you can find them out and i agree with them

Phonehead wrote: »

It is awfully tricky this weather. The worst part is that an active manager will generally have quite a well rounded team, so they're not really forced to play to one particular strength.

this is prob what most do if there anyway active, i know some in zim have preferences and use those in big games usually so maybe you have to find the on they use most

i personalty stuck to one all season as dont like or trust the other two fully and have gone with similar attack the last few games so if you want you can practive scout me and mail me what you think, defense im using attacks im using most, dangerous players and weak links the usual. it be interesting if you can find them out and i agree with them
    thanks, thats something i forgot about, i used to PM someone with a team way out of my league with guesses of tactics used in certain games

wouldnt make sense for us to be revealing too much about our teams and tactics, gonna be playing each other on thursdays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

QQ: what is the average energy hit of a wnwim game and how long does it take to get back to perfect from energized for example??

Advertisement