Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Q & A

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Hi all, quick question, played a friendly last week and was just curious, I didn't seem to get any gate receipt $$$ from it (I sent request, so presume I was at home) and also I seem to recall that I was unable to change my match intensity from normal to next week in mind.

Also, are there any decent programmes to manage your squad outside of the usual game window, as I find the layout to be terrible and seem to recall there were some more manageable programmes you could get to arrange your squad and training etc and stadium calculator and stuff.

I also don't understand this "star" process, what's that about?

Cheers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

[Quote=[Jackass];79167949]Hi all, quick question, played a friendly last week and was just curious, I didn't seem to get any gate receipt $$$ from it (I sent request, so presume I was at home) and also I seem to recall that I was unable to change my match intensity from normal to next week in mind.

Also, are there any decent programmes to manage your squad outside of the usual game window, as I find the layout to be terrible and seem to recall there were some more manageable programmes you could get to arrange your squad and training etc and stadium calculator and stuff.

Cheers! :D[/Quote]

Friendlys don't give cash, and Thursday friendlies are ONLY played at normal intensity, they also don't take any energy off your players, or factor in energy levels or form.

Basically Thursday friendlies do nothing, but let you try out a few tactics?

I have never used Third party programmes so can't help you there...

I'm guessing the stars you speak of are the academy stars... Their used to Scout a new player in your academy.. They say the more you use, the better chance you will have of scouting a very talented player into your squad.. I.e. higher csr, better aggression or discipline...

Apparently the best amount to use is 15-20 on players, but when managers are scouting for U20 squad players they usually use a minimum of 100 stars to try get the best players possible

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

TheJims wrote: »
    factor in form.

Apparently the best amount to use is 15-20 on players, but when managers are scouting for U20 squad players they usually use a minimum of 100 stars to try get the best players possible

i dont know why everybody thinks thursday friendlies dont factor in form but there do, form is taking on board.

also the other thing i qouted from thejims is the best stars to use, id the say between 15-40 any less is no good and any more(this is my opinion) is a waste even for u20s unless all you want from your ya is u20 players but im planning on getting more than one player from my ya.

also i read somewhere else that you started building a youth academy and then stopped id suggest since your so new to the game that you should quit and start again so you get your money back edit: just read it only cost you 20k so forget that last bit

http://brmanager.go1.cc/V3/index.php?lang_menu=ko
    i use this 3rd party app its good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Hi all, quick question, played a friendly last week and was just curious, I didn't seem to get any gate receipt $$$ from it (I sent request, so presume I was at home) and also I seem to recall that I was unable to change my match intensity from normal to next week in mind.

Cheers! :D

others have dealt with the other questions perfectly well so I won't bother addressing them again.

The program I use is BoRganizer, can get it here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I'm more than likely going to finish 3rd in my league (having come in at this late stage), there's a line under #1 in the table and then a line under #4 in the table. Is there a play-off at the end or something? Can't quite remember. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

[Jackass] wrote: »
    I'm more than likely going to finish 3rd in my league (having come in at this late stage), there's a line under #1 in the table and then a line under #4 in the table. Is there a play-off at the end or something? Can't quite remember. Cheers.

Bottom two are auto-relegated, next two have to play a qualifier against a div 5 team, top four go into play-offs. Winner of the playoffs either gets directly promoted or has to play a qualifier.

Don't worry about finishing 3rd, the playoffs are where it really counts. What'll happen is you'll have a match against number 2 and they'll be at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Just got a message that a bid on a player i had up for sale was cancelled by a Game Master. Anyone know a reason why the transfer was cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

ormond lad wrote: »
    Just got a message that a bid on a player i had up for sale was cancelled by a Game Master. Anyone know a reason why the transfer was cancelled?

Maybe someone reported your bid as cheating?

eoferrall wrote: »
    others have dealt with the other questions perfectly well so I won't bother addressing them again.

The program I use is BoRganizer, can get it here

Hey EOF, was going to give BoRganizer a go as it seems to have a nice looking UI. Keeps crashing though on my Mac.

I was just wondering if anyone had it working on OS X? I'm using Lion (10.7.4). I emailed the developer, but doesn't look like much has been happening with it in the last 6 months so not too hopeful

Zagato wrote: »
    Hey EOF, was going to give BoRganizer a go as it seems to have a nice looking UI. Keeps crashing though on my Mac.

I was just wondering if anyone had it working on OS X? I'm using Lion (10.7.4). I emailed the developer, but doesn't look like much has been happening with it in the last 6 months so not too hopeful

I use it on 10.7.4 and have no issues with crashing. Not a mac techie though so can't do much help. there is a thread on BR for it with troubleshooting tips through it though.

Have you used it before? sometimes works removing all the database files etc?

• Advertisement

I use it on 10.7.4 and have no issues with crashing. Not a mac techie though so can't do much help. there is a thread on BR for it with troubleshooting tips through it though.

Have you used it before? sometimes works removing all the database files etc?

Cheers. Got it working after your post by changing the filepath for the database file to one that actually exists :D

It is annoying that you don't seem to be able to search through clubroom threads

Thanks for your help

Cheers. Got it working after your post by changing the filepath for the database file to one that actually exists :D

It is annoying that you don't seem to be able to search through clubroom threads

Thanks for your help

no bother, it's a handy little tool for working with the team. still not overly happy with the settings for positioning so kind of ignore that. puts my best second row as a centre!!:confused:

Yeah, I don't understand how that works. When comparing with opposition, it seems to give the opponents a score based on their avg star rating in that position over last 3 games, but for my players it obviously works it out completely differently (I guess based on height/weight and skill points rather than how they have performed in that position).

It also seems to want me to pick a different captain?? I guess I didn't put enough weight on experience for captaincy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

It also seems to want me to pick a different captain?? I guess I didn't put enough weight on experience for captaincy.

I work off 3x Leadership + 2x Experience = Captain. Don't know where i picked that up though.

corny wrote: »
    I work off 3x Leadership + 2x Experience = Captain. Don't know where i picked that up though.

I go with 3x Leadership + 2x Experience +aggression = captain. can't remember if the aggression is something I added in though.

I go with 3x Leadership + 2x Experience +aggression = captain. can't remember if the aggression is something I added in though.

As in more aggressive to take the more aggressive option (eg kick to the corner) or more aggressive is just a better captain? Never thought of it but the former would make sense.

corny wrote: »
    As in more aggressive to take the more aggressive option (eg kick to the corner) or more aggressive is just a better captain? Never thought of it but the former would make sense.

Yeah kick to corner more, and feel he pushes the troops on more than a passive one. not sure makes a huge difference.

Yeah kick to corner more, and feel he pushes the troops on more than a passive one. not sure makes a huge difference.

Can't hurt anyway.

Would it also mean he tries to run the ball rather than taking 3 points?

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Would it also mean he tries to run the ball rather than taking 3 points?

is my hope! (unless last minute and only a point behind. one would hope he'd kick it!!

• Advertisement

is my hope! (unless last minute and only a point behind. one would hope he'd kick it!!

I dunno, in actual rugby you'd take a guaranteed 3 points over a slim chance try any day, unless there was such a massive deficit that you needed the try. It's often the difference between having the captain in the pack or in the backs, where the forwards are just raring to get stuck in regardless. My experience anyhows.

In BR though, a much higher proportion of points are scored with tries than in Real life rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

In BR though, a much higher proportion of points are scored with tries than in Real life rugby

Yup. Between the changes made to discipline and the prominence of tries in br, aggressive rugby is heavily rewarded in blackout...

Personally, I much prefer an aggressive captain as I believe you go to the corner and tap and go more often...

Yeah, I guess it's not always safe to compare real life to BR... until ME2 of course :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Where can I find my Team ID?? Is it the number that is in the address bar when on the club homepage? I signed up on the sheet that's stickied at the moment but I haven't included my ID yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

My club -> Lobby

First thing under summary

ajeffares wrote: »
    My club -> Lobby

First thing under summary

Thanks! I have no idea how I managed to miss that :o

So what's this boards league about? Do we play friendlies against each other on a Monday/Thursday and make out a league table from that?

Thanks! I have no idea how I managed to miss that :o

So what's this boards league about? Do we play friendlies against each other on a Monday/Thursday and make out a league table from that?

It happens on a thursday as then we are all at same intensity and no energy impact etc.

the fixtures are inputted to BR for you so you will need to accept them and then set your team each week.

A couple of us collate the results and produce the tables and post them here each week (we miss the odd week... partying too hard over weekends!:P)

so all you will need to do is accept fixtures once we say they are up (can't be before next season) and then set your team...and win as many as you can!

As a follower of the SPL I'm thinking of applying to go straight in to Div. 1. None of this starting from the bottom craic :p:p

So, would anyone play a guy who weights 127kg as a lock? Any thoughts? (He's 198cm tall) Too heavy?

He's got better stats in that area than my other options

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

As a follower of the SPL I'm thinking of applying to go straight in to Div. 1. None of this starting from the bottom craic :p:p

So, would anyone play a guy who weights 127kg as a lock? Any thoughts? (He's 198cm tall) Too heavy?

He's got better stats in that area than my other options

No such thing as too heavy! Heavier the better as it will help a bit in the scrums and afaik weight isn't punished in the lineout. Although 198cm is as short as I would go with a lock really.

He could also possibly make a good backrow for you if you buy taller locks in the future (no 6 tends to take a fair share of lineout ball)

Advertisement