Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Q & A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Thanks my other locks are shorter than him though!

Do you get punished for making a large number of changes from one week to another? Like if I bring in a lot of transfers together does it disrupt the team?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Thanks my other locks are shorter than him though!

Do you get punished for making a large number of changes from one week to another? Like if I bring in a lot of transfers together does it disrupt the team?

Not at all. You can make as many changes as you like/can afford.

My affiliate team I just started in Canada also has short locks (198 and 192). So it's regular to start of without the ideal players for each position. In div 4 it wont hurt you too much but if you get promoted I would buy a lock for your starting lineup!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

hey something heres a tip about buying atm, bide your time dont spend too much on players and im 100% there will loads of young locks and others types of players up for sale r2 of next season due to people scouting so they will be fine and cheap then hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

seanand wrote: »
    hey something heres a tip about buying atm, bide your time dont spend too much on players and im 100% there will loads of young locks and others types of players up for sale r2 of next season due to people scouting so they will be fine and cheap then hopefully

Also last week of the season is a bad time - people flush with cash from league prize money and first week of next season. if you can, wait couple of rounds watching the market and when prices start dipping go in and you will get much better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Yo Something, you should find that you'll get through Div IV using a team pretty similar to your starting one, so don't rush-buy players. Try to focus on non-trainables, such as height, weight and discipline. Everything else can be trained up over time. I've been selling a few lads over this season that would have made my team's starting line-up back in Div IV, and they've been selling for less than 10 grand, so you can easily build a passable team for cheap.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice guys. Unfortunately it's too late as I blew all my cash as soon as I took over :D

Here's my situation so far:
    I took over a team (Div IV) with one match of the regular season left. As the team was already in the playoffs placings I decided to set a goal of reaching the final. I built my team accordingly, but probably spent over the odds on players in the hope that the extra league placing revenue would bankroll this. I won my semi mid-week (I didn't know it was on! I think it turned out to be against a bot anyways, well the club changed name lately so maybe this is a sign of something?) Now I'm just looking at giving tomorrow a lash. I've set my team up and although I'm coming up against much stronger opposition, I'm hoping I can at least compete and not be whitewashed.

Here's my situation so far:
    I took over a team (Div IV) with one match of the regular season left. As the team was already in the playoffs placings I decided to set a goal of reaching the final. I built my team accordingly, but probably spent over the odds on players in the hope that the extra league placing revenue would bankroll this. I won my semi mid-week (I didn't know it was on! I think it turned out to be against a bot anyways, well the club changed name lately so maybe this is a sign of something?) Now I'm just looking at giving tomorrow a lash. I've set my team up and although I'm coming up against much stronger opposition, I'm hoping I can at least compete and not be whitewashed.

The way to check if it's a bot is to see if the manager is Private

Also double-check the 'Private' is black because if it's blue it's a human manager trying to catch you out (talk to fewcifur about how that feels!).

mar-z wrote: »
    The way to check if it's a bot is to see if the manager is Private

Also double-check the 'Private' is black because if it's blue it's a human manager trying to catch you out (talk to fewcifur about how that feels!).

Haha, did he get stung? It was on private alright, that would explain how I rolled them over so easily! :D

Haha, did he get stung? It was on private alright, that would explain how I rolled them over so easily! :D

He did yeah, laughing stock of the BR world. most people knew before it happened as he was gloating about coming up against a bot... and BOOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

eoferrall wrote: »
    He did yeah, laughing stock of the BR world. most people knew before it happened as he was gloating about coming up against a bot... and BOOM!

Not so much gloating as giving out about a bot being in Div 3 after the bot-flush. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

When does the new season start up? How many weeks / days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Each Season is 16 weeks long. Today is day 1 Week 16, next week will be week 1 of Season 16. First league game will be Saturday week

Zagato wrote: »
    Each Season is 16 weeks long. Today is day 1 Week 16, next week will be week 1 of Season 16. First league game will be Saturday week

And first cup game will be Wednesday of next week.

And when I get the last few teams and sort out fixtures the boards league will start on the Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

mar-z wrote: »
    And first cup game will be Wednesday of next week.

Oh yeah :o

Does energy revert to full at the beginning of a new season? Entering my first full season as manager. Anything else I should look out for at the beginning of a new season?

Does energy revert to full at the beginning of a new season? Entering my first full season as manager. Anything else I should look out for at the beginning of a new season?

Yup, pretend there is a little off season where all your players go on the piss and comeback full of life!!

As regards the new season, have a look at you division once the leagues are done (when you know whose coming down/staying where they are) decide who you need to LTNT and try plan your energy usage in advance. if you use LTNT twice in a row your players will be wrecked and you could ruin your promotion chances.

Energy management is a key factor in this game.

How strong are bots? Is it possible to lose to them?

How strong are bots? Is it possible to lose to them?

Nearly impossible to lose to them. it has been done, but they tried very hard to lose. throw out seconds at WNWIM and you will still win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I´m going to have close to 250 stars to recruit new talent starting this season. Whats my best option, was thinking 100,100 and 48 which means I will be in a good position to train for u20 talent. I have level 5 facilities across the board.

I am currently training 3 players to their max, one is 19 so I figure I will stop him at the end of next season anyway, the other two are 18.4 and 17.9, both close to 50k csr already and some great intangibles.

With another season how much development would I expect to see from them? Would it be best to draft one star player this week, then hold off so the two guys I have can develop further?

How long can someone not sign in until their team becomes a bot? A guy in my league hasn't signed in since 3rd June and really would like his team to go bot!! :p

• Advertisement

8 weeks till they are bot, so they have to sign in before Sunday.

Hope you don't have them week 1!

Trippie wrote: »
    I´m going to have close to 250 stars to recruit new talent starting this season. Whats my best option, was thinking 100,100 and 48 which means I will be in a good position to train for u20 talent. I have level 5 facilities across the board.

I am currently training 3 players to their max, one is 19 so I figure I will stop him at the end of next season anyway, the other two are 18.4 and 17.9, both close to 50k csr already and some great intangibles.

With another season how much development would I expect to see from them? Would it be best to draft one star player this week, then hold off so the two guys I have can develop further?

You could get them from 50k to around the 75-80k csr mark with a season training I would think. Although that depends on if your training just their high level stats or spreading training over lower level stats, etc.

I would recruit 3 as you plan above and then you should be sorted for at least 1 player to replace your 19 yr old and gives you the option to train another/make a little money on the tm is a second pull turns good.

Whats the deal with training players, in the sense that is there an image limit / optimum time where players react better to training (i.e. between 17 and 22 or whatever) and not as reactive once they're older? How often is reasonable to expect "pops" on individual training if you have a level 3 coach and level 3 facility?

Also, side issue, what is the advantage / why do people always want their players playing for U20 national side? Does this improve them greatly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Yeah younger players are more "apt" at training
    In addition, there are some limits to how much a trainee can absorb at one time. Younger players are more apt to involve themselves in their training sessions than the older players.

As for pops per week, I'm training 3 lads at 10 lvl 4/5s each and i expect each player to pop in something at least once every two weeks. I usually get 1 pop a week or no pops for a while and then 2/3 pops.

As for people wanting an u20, i'd say its more about blasting young lads until they are 21 with training and more matches and having a player that will be 120kcsr+ at the end of it. Nice young player that will always improve if you keep him or he will rake in alota cash if you sell him. And its always nice to have a flag beside one of your players:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

When the Dutch lads were about on the offsite they and others figured out exactly how many sessions it takes per pop. I'm sure someone remembers.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

corny wrote: »
    When the Dutch lads were about on the offsite they and others figured out exactly how many sessions it takes per pop. I'm sure someone remembers.:o

Yeah I remember seeing that, I don't think it was 100% accurate but it gave a fair idea. I think it was 13 sessions for level 1, 12 for level 2, 11 for level 3, 10 for level 4 and 9 for level 5.

Is 2 weeks enough time to recover full fitness if you are play a game LTNT and then have 2 games in between where you play WNWIM and rest one or two players (small squad) for the games, starting off with energy levels of mostly "pumped"?

I have a team I really want to take a good crack at in the cup tonight but then have my big league rival at home in 2 weeks and with the progress I'm making, I think I could hang in for a losing bonus, but the time the return leg comes around I might have caught up with him and would go for the win away, but don't want to jeprodise my chances in the league by trying for a bit of a cup run...is the cup worth it? I think if I got a big team away in the next round (if I got through) I'd be happy with that, hopefully a big stadium & crowd and go for a bit of a pay day! :p

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Is 2 weeks enough time to recover full fitness if you are play a game LTNT and then have 2 games in between where you play WNWIM and rest one or two players (small squad) for the games, starting off with energy levels of mostly "pumped"?

I have a team I really want to take a good crack at in the cup tonight but then have my big league rival at home in 2 weeks and with the progress I'm making, I think I could hang in for a losing bonus, but the time the return leg comes around I might have caught up with him and would go for the win away, but don't want to jeprodise my chances in the league by trying for a bit of a cup run...is the cup worth it? I think if I got a big team away in the next round (if I got through) I'd be happy with that, hopefully a big stadium & crowd and go for a bit of a pay day! :p

yes 2 weeks is sufficient rest between LTNT's with rotation and WNWIM intensities to enable you to have a crack at both teams. Their energy will be energised pumped again to LTNT the next team.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

iv to tnt three league in a row and reckon i should win all three but im pushing and my team will be fecked after it

• Advertisement

*columbo voice* - One more thing, if your player gets injured during a match and is out for a couple of weeks, but is on an individual training schedule, can he still benefit from training and get pops whilst he's out, or should I put someone else in those sessions as he wont train whilst injured?

Sorry for all the questions!!

Advertisement