Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Q & A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

[Quote=[Jackass][80136864]*columbo voice* - One more thing, if your player gets injured during a match and is out for a couple of weeks, but is on an individual training schedule, can he still benefit from training and get pops whilst he's out, or should I put someone else in those sessions as he wont train whilst injured?

Sorry for all the questions!![/Quote]

Players train as normal while injured :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Didn't want to start a thread but why are NZ u20s in EE.2? Has anyone being following it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

ajeffares wrote: »
    Didn't want to start a thread but why are NZ u20s in EE.2? Has anyone being following it?

I think I read something about them going down on purpose to allow them to easily rest players all season the world cup.

Although that might just have been the usual small sniping/'banter' that is sometimes seen on the international scene and they just got relegated normally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I'm trialing the premium membership thing, which is good, but what are the main benefits? I don't think the extra stats are all that helpful, especially if you look at opposition squad stats, it gives them since the club has been in existence rather than by season by season or whatever.

Also, if you set jersey numbers for your players (so you can organise your squad by numbers to look through your first team in order of position selected for) can other managers see those numbers / your preferred team if they view your squad?

I feel like I'm missing the point a bit with the premium membership though, any obvious advantages? I saw someone mention here that an oppisition pack was "three stars" or something like that, and talked about their pack weight... are these details available through premium or are they self calculated?

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Also, if you set jersey numbers for your players (so you can organise your squad by numbers to look through your first team in order of position selected for) can other managers see those numbers / your preferred team if they view your squad?

Nope, no one can see those numbers anymore except for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I'm trialing the premium membership thing, which is good, but what are the main benefits? I don't think the extra stats are all that helpful, especially if you look at opposition squad stats, it gives them since the club has been in existence rather than by season by season or whatever.

I feel like I'm missing the point a bit with the premium membership though, any obvious advantages? I saw someone mention here that an oppisition pack was "three stars" or something like that, and talked about their pack weight... are these details available through premium or are they self calculated?

There is no advantage to having premium. It just makes things like seeing who has popped in training easier. Jeremy has made a big effort to make sure premium members don't have any unfair advantage when it comes to match time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I actually think Premium gives you a massive advantage in terms of efficiency.

Hard to list them all now, but for a few weeks last year I played without premium and it was weird.

Stuff like saving line-ups, so aswell as my default line-up I have a 2nds, a tall pack, a heavy pack, a quick pack etc.
    Saves a lot of time.

Think there are definite advantages when scouting. As far as I know, arranging things by certain criteria such as weight might be a premium... so very easy to quickly see if they've a heavy pack, or tall guys etc.

Jersey numbers just help you sort out your team. In the old days you could use it to trick the occasional lazy opponent by having your seconds numbered up (which I still have out of habit.)

Not really sure what else is premium, but take away my premium for a day and I'll be able to list of reams of them.

All that 3 stars and pack weight stuff, that should be common to everyone I think. Pre-match stars happen the hour before the match, post match stars are found in the reporters review. Think that's a common feature, if not premium have another lovely perk there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

There is an awareness now that premium features are key, generally since the business development group was started this is the one thing we have hammered home! Far too many people buy premium to support the game whereas we want it to be the must have thing! There still wont be an ingame advantage as J is set on equality but when the site revamp there will be a host of new features.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Quick question, if I have a level 1 scout and I then hire a level 2 coach, do I keep all the stars accumulated under the level 1 coach, or does the level 2 coach start from zero again.

Alternatively, if I fire my level 1 scout and have no scout, do I keep the stars or are they lost and would have to start from scratch again if / when I hire a new level 1 coach down the line?

Cheers.

Quick question, if I have a level 1 scout and I then hire a level 2 coach, do I keep all the stars accumulated under the level 1 coach, or does the level 2 coach start from zero again.

Alternatively, if I fire my level 1 scout and have no scout, do I keep the stars or are they lost and would have to start from scratch again if / when I hire a new level 1 coach down the line?

Cheers.

Pretty sure you keep the stars.

• Advertisement

Yep, as far as I know you keep the stars no matter what (beyond using them of course).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

How do you extend a contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Is there any way to drop a player from the main squad to the youths?
    Hes only 18 but cant find a way.
    Whoever had this team before me didn't leave enough players in the youths so I could set a lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

AG2R wrote: »
    Whoever had this team before me didn't leave enough players in the youths so I could set a lineup

No Players can only go from youths to senior team. Also your Youth team has 22 players, same for everyone.
    There should be a player to fit each position.

Prick! wrote: »
    How do you extend a contract?

You'll never need to. The contract stops you from buying a player and selling him on quickly, basically playing the market. Once the contract is up it makes no difference, except you're able to sell him without any buy-out penalty.
    AG2R wrote: »

There should be enough players. Might be hard to find an ideal person for each position, but you'll definitely have the numbers. Teams are reset when a manager quits, so all new managers get roughly the same type of starting team.
    Also youth team works in a one-in-one-out system, so the team numbers are consistent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

How do I make a friendly? :o

Prick! wrote: »
    How do I make a friendly? :o

Answered you in the friendlies thread, but just for anyone else...

Click on a club.
    On their homepage it'll list rankings, league etc.
    It'll also have their upcoming Monday and Thursday friendly matches.
    If they don't have a friendly booked in it'll say "Request a friendly" or something like that.
    Just click on this link and badaboom.

They have to accept it and then you're away.

To check on friendlies, just click on the friendlies tab (it's on the same row as squad/league/junior league etc, but over to the right)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

When looking at the junior squad i sometimes see a little blue ribbon type thing beside one of the players skills- is this the same thing as the red star for your main squad- ie its just popped?

Cheers!

When looking at the junior squad i sometimes see a little blue ribbon type thing beside one of the players skills- is this the same thing as the red star for your main squad- ie its just popped?

Cheers!

It shows the skill(s) that has been randomly revealed by your ya manager for the week.

First time you get told if the skill is low, medium or high. If it gets picked again you can see the actual level of the skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

mar-z wrote: »
    It shows the skill(s) that has been randomly revealed by your ya manager for the week.

First time you get told if the skill is low, medium or high. If it gets picked again you can see the actual level of the skill.

Is there a fixed points range for low, medium and high? Say, for example, low is 1-3, medium is 4-6 etc.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

i think it 1-4 is low 5-10 is medium and 11+ is high now i may be one out im not sur ebut its around that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Hi Guys,

Beat a bot yesterday, playing 'normally', yet i didnt receive any raking points, is that the norm vs bots?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

In short you won't move up the rankings by beating a bot, it's near impossible to lose to them

Hi Guys,

Beat a bot yesterday, playing 'normally', yet i didnt receive any raking points, is that the norm vs bots?

Cheers.

It's all relative to the ranking of the team you beat and your ranking. Bots have the lowest possible ranking, so relative to them you'll never gain any points.

By the same logic, beating a high ranking team will give you the biggest boost (and cause them the greatest loss.)

when do the relegation fixtures come out? is it after the game on sat?

seanand wrote: »
    when do the relegation fixtures come out? is it after the game on sat?

Yeah, they need to know the champions of the lower division first so it should be later on on the Saturday.

mar-z wrote: »
    Yeah, they need to know the champions of the lower division first so it should be later on on the Saturday.

thanks wasnt sure was it monday or sat as iv never been in one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Does the revenue increase in Div III? I've just been promoted from Div IV and am wondering if there is an increase in sponsorship and the likes. Need to try and balance the wage bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Does the revenue increase in Div III? I've just been promoted from Div IV and am wondering if there is an increase in sponsorship and the likes. Need to try and balance the wage bill!

The major sponsor increases, and you will get another minor sponsor for new season (as with all divisions, up to ten).

Can't check now as in work but think major is 200k, some might be able to verify that though. Also you tend to get bigger crowds the higher the division you are in.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's really all about the bigger crowds you can expect, so make sure to take advantage by increasing your stadium accordingly.

Advertisement