Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Q & A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

i made one last week, just make the team same as you did with your own team, Homepage, Get New Team, name it whatever, and base it anywhere in the world except in the country your current team plays in, when making your username have it the same as your own now, but with a "2" at the end eg: TheJims2.

I then (on the recommendation of Wexhead) emailed Jeremy the details of the new club and my main club.

Only reason i done it is to see how i would get on with a new club, BR is a hard game at first, but after playing it for a while i could see where i went wrong the first time round! also coz im addicted!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

How are ranking points decided?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

on the same basis as the IRB rankings. all teams start at 40points I think and then through winning games you increase your ranking pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Also, I think they're relative. So your ranking will go up by more if you beat a higher ranking team than if you beat a low ranking team. Similarly, your ranking won't go up at all (I think) if you beat a bot. Worth bearing in mind when you're looking for Monday friendlies.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

(points difference x 0.1) +1= point exchange

for wins greater than 15 match points multiply that points exchange by 1.25
    for wins greater than 30 match points multiply that points exchange by 1.5

to avoid common confusion when calculating the points difference.

1; 3 points are added to the home team when calculating the difference.
    2; The difference is always a negative figure when the higher ranked team wins, and always a positive figure when the lower ranked team wins
    3; The exchange for monday friendlies is 25% of the league exchange
    4; The exchange for cup games is 125% of the league exchange
    5; There is a maximum difference of +10/-10 when calculating the exchange

example, you beat my team in your stadium by 16 points in a league game.

you're ranking is 45.2666
    my ranking is 50.4333

add 3 points to your ranking for home advantage = 48.2666

difference is between 50.4333 and 48.2666 is 2.1667
    as the lower ranked team won it is +2.1667

(+2.1667 * 0.1) +1 = exchange
    (0.21667) +1 = 1.21667

as you beat me by more than 15 this is multiplied by 1.25

1.21667 * 1.25 = 1.5208

so i lose 1.5208 points and you gain 1.5208 points.

(had this been a monday friendly it would then be 1.5208 * 0.25, or if it had been a cup game 1.5208 * 1.25)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

seanand wrote: »
    i got rid of the ya for my main team to afford lvl5s happy with them so far but won know really till the s20 wc as my main team has a 28k csr kicker and 20k lock on lvl5s gaining currently 900 from training and my affiliate on lvl4s and full ya have a 40khooker gaining 1300 and 36k flanker gaining 1100 it be interesting if the lvl5s can catch in csr gains or csr at least

from training alone the gap already closed by a few csr even tho im training higher skills with the lvl4s but taking in matchs igt i just cant see them catching it until close to the wc if at all

im putting the numbers in here so i can keep track of them:
    name, csr, csr gain training, csr gain altogether
    bud pearse, 22059, 970, 1199
    eddard stark, 84966, 2216, 2537
    danisele msala, 29642, 966, 1148
    lvl5s
    here the lvl4s
    joseph gwelo, 87693, 1739, 2113
    adam harcourt, 41697, 1355, 1587
    m.mangwende, 37634, 1130, 1424

i didnt take down the results from last week im only doing it from memory even tho the lvl4 skills were higher for lower csr guys the training went up more for the lvl5 guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 martyfurey

how can i increase revenue from sponsorship.

martyfurey wrote: »

You can't.

You will get a new minor sponsor each season, up to a maximum of ten. and the major sponsor increases in value in each higher division. you're main revenue is filling the stadium each match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

You get a new minor sponsor every season you play (up to 10 minor sponsors)

Your major sponsor depends on your division
    Division Major Sponsor Income (Per Week)
    I $130,000
    II $120,000
    III $110,000
    IV $100,000
    V and lower $90,000

So no quick way to increase revenue that way.

If your member numbers are going up (in general they will) you'll get a small increase each week in membership fees. Good contentment will increase the growth rate in members, as will being in a higher division.

Unfortunately not much help in increasing money through this route. Although higher members will mean you can have a bigger match day attendance.

Expanding your stadium as membership grows (being careful not to over-expand which might result in getting less revenue) is the only real way (besides promotion to a higher division) that a manager can have an affect on revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

mar-z wrote: »
    You get a new minor sponsor every season you play (up to 10 minor sponsors)

Your major sponsor depends on your division
    Division Major Sponsor Income (Per Week)
    I $130,000
    II $120,000
    III $110,000
    IV $100,000
    V and lower $90,000

So no quick way to increase revenue that way.

If your member numbers are going up (in general they will) you'll get a small increase each week in membership fees. Good contentment will increase the growth rate in members, as will being in a higher division.

Unfortunately not much help in increasing money through this route. Although higher members will mean you can have a bigger match day attendance.

Expanding your stadium as membership grows (being careful not to over-expand which might result in getting less revenue) is the only real way (besides promotion to a higher division) that a manager can have an affect on revenue.

Personally I think thats a part of the game thats lacking. There should be more variety in how you can generate revenue.

They shouldn't have got rid of the interest payments.

• Advertisement

thanks guys. next question is how do i increase the rating of my plaers especially the energy ratings. and secondly how do i sell players.

thanks guys. next question is how do i increase the rating of my plaers especially the energy ratings. and secondly how do i sell players.

You increase your players abilities by training them in those skills you wished increased. you will need to build training facilities and hire trainers to do this.

Energy is recuperated by resting the player, the higher the stamina rating the less the energy hit from playing matches so the less recovery time required.

to sell players you will need to go to the squad page and you will see in the top right corner (after clicking on a player and opening the full player details) the buttons to fire or sell a player.

thanks

hi all i am planning on tnting all league cup and playoff games for the next season to try to get exp up but will incresing the amount of injuries i have cant of even out the benefit?
    heres the team to check as you can see its young and needs more exp,
    http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.lobby.php#page=summary&id=85313

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

LTNT works on a decreasing, sliding scale, loosing effectivity each consecuative game you use it. So, not only will your energy be shot, increasing risk of injury, it will loose it's full effectivness by the most important stage.

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    LTNT works on a decreasing, sliding scale, loosing effectivity each consecuative game you use it. So, not only will your energy be shot, increasing risk of injury, it will loose it's full effectivness by the most important stage.
    energy wont matter i was thinking of staying in div4 for awhile just to get my exp up but theres pros and cons for both i think i just leave it and go for promotion

energy wont matter i was thinking of staying in div4 for awhile just to get my exp up but theres pros and cons for both i think i just leave it and go for promotion

Always go for promotion. Even if you get thrashed in the higher division, you'll make more money and gain more experience than if you had stayed put.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Always go for promotion. Even if you get thrashed in the higher division, you'll make more money and gain more experience than if you had stayed put.

I think we should put that at the top of the forum or something. I think EVERYONE has been told at some stage to man up and go for promotion no matter what fear they have of immediate demotion..

crisco10 wrote: »
    I think we should put that at the top of the forum or something. I think EVERYONE has been told at some stage to man up and go for promotion no matter what fear they have of immediate demotion..
    i agree but i dont fear demotion i think i could survive depending on the league but i want to do more than survive tbh and its the exp that would stop me most of all, but i think iv gone off that decision already

i agree but i dont fear demotion i think i could survive depending on the league but i want to do more than survive tbh and its the exp that would stop me most of all, but i think iv gone off that decision already

Say whaaaat? Better for your team and your enjoyment to spend a season battling than sitting in a league you know you can win without trying. Especially if you think you can stay up.

• Advertisement

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Say whaaaat? Better for your team and your enjoyment to spend a season battling than sitting in a league you know you can win without trying. Especially if you think you can stay up.

Agree with Fewcifur. you will learn nothing sitting in a Division you will win easy. I sat in div III winning each season easily and then lost numerous finals through carelessness or lost promotion playoff. my team seriously stagnated.

I would say ALWAYS promote if you can, you never know when you will get another chance, also chances are you will stay up and then you gain a strong footing in the division to move up to winning.

Yeah go for promotion. Currently in my first full season and winning every game against bots. Boring enough.

Also do thursday friendlies count for ranking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Also do thursday friendlies count for ranking?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    (1980's sheila accent)This was abolished in the long long ago, gather around children..meh.the end.

honestly that was before my time, but i believe energy has changed to fit, nowadays energy is such that without individual training (and excluding injuries) a squad can maintain just under 100% energy (between 92 and 96 at a guesstimate) by playing normal once a week, adding in a monday friendly or hitting tnt on the weekend depletes this heavily, the higher energy recovery does not recoup the loss, and with cup games a squad can throw the season by not watching energy in the early rounds. Affects of lower energy on performance is not linear either, 100k+ csr players on energy levels below fit can be outclassed by a guy unfit to line up for your youth team if form and experience are even close.

ps: anyone that doesnt try to get promoted is a wuss

cclampett wrote: »
    ps: anyone that doesnt try to get promoted is a wuss
    why always me?

Just wondering, when I get promoted from Div IV, I'll go to div III right? And will there be many bots or is div 3 full of real players? It is annoying playing against bots in the first season.

If you are above the auto promote line you will go straight into a div 3 league. Depending on the league you might have a bot in it but it will be mostly human players you will be up against.

If you are above the auto promote line you will go straight into a div 3 league. Depending on the league you might have a bot in it but it will be mostly human players you will be up against.
    Hard to get into the autopromote when you don't play humans.

• Advertisement

Play teams with a higher rank than you on Monday friendlies and that will bring you up over the auto line. Most teams play Mondays on WNWIM but you can hit them with a LTNT cause you dont have to worry bout energy with all the bots you have in your league.

Advertisement