Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Q & A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Wow missed that one! Glad I'd got them both up there before this kicked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

What sort of contentment hit does one take when relegated?

Currently sitting on 50 waiting to be relegated from Div 2.

Any idea what it will drop to?

On a side note, the excitement of getting a whole new 7 teams to play is disturbingly, well....... exciting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

when do we get our new league fixtures?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Monday is the first day of the new season i think? so i guess then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

They'll start being generated sunday afternoon/evening sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

I'm really interested to see where i end up! Hopefully will have a few boardsies to play against!

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    I'm really interested to see where i end up! Hopefully will have a few boardsies to play against!

Should be really interesting alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

crisco10 wrote: »
    Should be really interesting alright!

Assuming that no Irish managers leave, or foreign managers join Ireland, your group will be like this :-

Men who Stare
    Monkstown
    Bandon
    Fingal Falcons
    Cannon Fodder
    Cannon Fodder
    Cannon Fodder
    Cannon Fodder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

So if one of my players is injured for more than a week, as has just happened, should I cancel all his individual training sessions for the week and reassign them to others?

Injured players can still receive the full benefit from weekly training.

Quote from Blackout Documents, Pretty sure he's ok for training!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Zagato wrote: »
    So if one of my players is injured for more than a week, as has just happened, should I cancel all his individual training sessions for the week and reassign them to others?
    TheJims wrote: »
    Quote from Blackout Documents, Pretty sure he's ok for training!

yup thejims has it right here - training will continue as normal. injuries have no impact on training anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Another question I would probably know answer to if I read the documents, but, do players lose skill after a certain age - what age?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bobarena

Hi Zagato,
    players can start to lose age from any time from 30-35 years old. You'll notice a minus figure for their CSR and they will start to drop skills level in the same way that they pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Is it just me or did they make a change to injuries so it was highly unlikely you'd get two injuries in the same position? Got both of my wingers injured in a match and it's severely cramping my style.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Is it just me or did they make a change to injuries so it was highly unlikely you'd get two injuries in the same position? Got both of my wingers injured in a match and it's severely cramping my style.

Yeah, apparently that shouldn't happen. You should report it in the bugs lounge.

(Bugs Lounge always conjures up the image of gnats and mosquitoes sitting around, reading magazines and drinking tea :p)

bobarena wrote: »
    Yeah, apparently that shouldn't happen. You should report it in the bugs lounge.

(Bugs Lounge always conjures up the image of gnats and mosquitoes sitting around, reading magazines and drinking tea :p)

Ah, it was in a Thursday game, so doesn't have real world consequences, just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I'll never see the bugs lounge as having a function again! I just pictured that image in my head :p

both wingers as in 11 and 14? my understanding was that the same position could not be injured twice, ie #11 cant be injured or #9 etc twice. but 11 and 14 could in one game?

eoferrall wrote: »
    both wingers as in 11 and 14? my understanding was that the same position could not be injured twice, ie #11 cant be injured or #9 etc twice. but 11 and 14 could in one game?

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Imagine if you lost both of your jumpers, or both of your props... screw city!

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Imagine if you lost both of your jumpers, or both of your props... screw city!

yeah hopefully if going to happen to me then against a bot...or you!:D

haha!

• Advertisement

Been a while since I asked a noobie question!

So I'm currently in Div IV and n with the profits from my cup run I'm getting level 2 facility n trainers,

Question is! Should I save up for level 3 facilities n trainers, or would the expenses be to big for a Div IV team ? (I won't be goin Div iii for a few seasons!)

The more pressing factor is time rather than Div, Jims. The sponsorship goes up $20,000 a week every year played, I'd leave level 3s til next year myself. Also, when the cup run ends I'd offload some players and slim the squad down to 22 or thereabouts, you can save yourself 10k or more a week in wages that way.
    Also keep an eye on your crowds, if you're starting to get capacity crowds then expand the stadium. Rule of thumb is to have the capacity at around 8 times the membership, although someone else might have more accurate info.

Yeah ur right about waiting for more sponsors.... Even thou I say next season it'll all be for wage increase...

Regards stadium iv just over 600 members .. X8 so just under 5000 stadium, which is what were given starting off, havnt filled it yet, but usually getting 4800-4950 attendances... That's prob coz my contentment is high (75%) coz of cup run

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Yeah I've had to look into increasing my stadium this week as I am selling out every home game, and really need to increase the funds coming into the club on match days, as I am losing too much on the non home match weeks(I am still in the cup, I am just subtracting the revenue earned from the cup).

Going up to an approx 8,000 stadium now, hopefully I should be filling that as I have 900ish members.

Here' one example,
    I'm haemorraging (not a clue if I spelled that right!) cash at the moment, I have almost 1400 members, a 11,500 capacity stadium but "Cynical" fans, due to recent relegation and early cup exit. I am getting c. 7500 people for each home game, making $20k profit on them and my savings are being EATEN. I'm hopeful that their contentment will rise as the season goes on. But, it's worth remembering that when you get promoted, your fans may not appreciate being in the lower reaches of the Division they are in. You can expect the initially "Blissful" fans to be something more like "Charmed" after a few games. And that will probably happen, particularly since the Rebalance has effectively created a two-tier system within Division 3, so trying to break into the top 4 may take some time even when you get there.

Here' one example,
    I'm haemorraging (not a clue if I spelled that right!) cash at the moment, I have almost 1400 members, a 11,500 capacity stadium but "Cynical" fans, due to recent relegation and early cup exit. I am getting c. 7500 people for each home game, making $20k profit on them and my savings are being EATEN. I'm hopeful that their contentment will rise as the season goes on. But, it's worth remembering that when you get promoted, your fans may not appreciate being in the lower reaches of the Division they are in. You can expect the initially "Blissful" fans to be something more like "Charmed" after a few games. And that will probably happen, particularly since the Rebalance has effectively created a two-tier system within Division 3, so trying to break into the top 4 may take some time even when you get there.

Another thing that stung me (granted it was on being promoted to Div 2) was that my ranking points really improved in my season amongst the big boys. This means now that I am relegated, my high ranking means my contentment is killed by losing league games to apparently "inferior" teams. Also. my contentment doesn't increase much when I do win because I'm "expected" to win. Striggling financially as a result.

lost a cup game to Beltra there and my contentment dropped 25 points. sure it was an upset, but not that massive a one.

crisco10 wrote: »
    Another thing that stung me (granted it was on being promoted to Div 2) was that my ranking points really improved in my season amongst the big boys. This means now that I am relegated, my high ranking means my contentment is killed by losing league games to apparently "inferior" teams. Also. my contentment doesn't increase much when I do win because I'm "expected" to win. Striggling financially as a result.

lost a cup game to Beltra there and my contentment dropped 25 points. sure it was an upset, but not that massive a one.

Starting to think I will stay in Div III forever, nice cushy number!!:D

eoferrall wrote: »
    Starting to think I will stay in Div III forever, nice cushy number!!:D

You could be right mate, the devs will have to give a bigger incentive in terms of prize money or something in order to get people moving. I'm really not pushed about going back up to Division 2 anytime soon. And I had a very good season in Divison 2, won 7 games and finished with 36 points. Unfortuantely, Dave Harnett's Bogwarriors were beat me in injury time in the qualifier. Or should I say, fortunately ;)

I really enjoyed my season in Div 2. But was it worth it? in terms of IGT and player development definitely. Financially, it may not have been. My wage bill went up massively at the start of this season. On top of aforementioned contentment issues, it really is a struggle now.

That said, would do it again given the choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Div II is a pain in the rear end. You have to work your rear off to even get out of the auto relegate spots and the lack of prize money kills you! I was dissapointed to auto promote because winning and staying in Div III is far more rewarding in team development than struggling in Div II with no cash. Div II is full of early adopters and it really is hard considering the re-balance to compete with teams where most players are 20K or 30K CSR greater.

The bottom 4 in all divisions will be fighting it out to stay above the auto relegate line.

Advertisement