Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Q & A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Ah guys not this sandbagging argument again. if i go back to div 3 again i would think it to be a monumental step backwards. To be the best you gotta beat the best, your not gonna beat the best by hanging out in div 3. i would gladly struggle and battle it out tooth and nail in div 2 then be on easy street in div 3. Where the hell is yer competitive spirit!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Ah guys not this sandbagging argument again. if i go back to div 3 again i would think it to be a monumental step backwards. To be the best you gotta beat the best, your not gonna beat the best by hanging out in div 3. i would gladly struggle and battle it out tooth and nail in div 2 then be on easy street in div 3. Where the hell is yer competitive spirit!!!!!!
    crisco10 wrote:
    That said, would do it again given the choice.

Would love to be back there, all my trouble has come SINCE being relegated. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Hi guys I'm new and have first game in less than an hour, what happens when it starts? I have my line up sorted and stuff but what happens when game starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

theboss80 wrote: »
    Hi guys I'm new and have first game in less than an hour, what happens when it starts? I have my line up sorted and stuff but what happens when game starts?

Nothing, you can just sit back and watch... well read the game! There are no changes to be made to the game, it simply runs it course. Hope your first match goes well, it could be the start of a new addiction!

Thanks , is it realtime or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

theboss80 wrote: »
    Thanks , is it realtime or what?
    Yeah, game starts at 2.35 and takes the full 40 a side, so settle in, grab a few beers and be prepared for your life slipping away before your eyes!

Yeah, game starts at 2.35 and takes the full 40 a side, so settle in, grab a few beers and be prepared for your life slipping away before your eyes!

Oh jesus sweet, thank god the wife is away shopping so or id be strung up haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

All I am saying is that in the long run I think I could do more if I had an extra season in DivIII, it's not about competitive spirit but more about how I wanted to develop my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

So just checking up on the guy I'm against Monday, he's got a 23 man squad, and as off now 15 of them are on between 5-30 energy levels, ie there all fecked. If he was to line out those 15 Monday what would happen??

I mean by halftime shouldn't the majority of em have NO energy left???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

TheJims wrote: »
    So just checking up on the guy I'm against Monday, he's got a 23 man squad, and as off now 15 of them are on between 5-30 energy levels, ie there all fecked. If he was to line out those 15 Monday what would happen??

I mean by halftime shouldn't the majority of em have NO energy left???

yeah they'll be knackered come halftime and you will have serious upperhand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Who's the main man over on the offsite? I thought it was Wex, but Jp is listed as admin. Need to speak to someone about carving up a Journo section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Who's the main man over on the offsite? I thought it was Wex, but Jp is listed as admin. Need to speak to someone about carving up a Journo section.

If Jp is an admin then he's the man to go to I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

mar-z wrote: »
    If Jp is an admin then he's the man to go to I'd imagine.

I'm just wondering if he is though, cause I'm nearly sure it was Wex that was offering to make all the changes. JP is in the admin group though. To JP's gaff! It's in Namibia or somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Jp is the forum god over there. All hail!!

He would be the man to talk to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I was just wondering why my 20yr old backrow, who is my 2nd from top player in CSR is dropping his CSR albeit slowly between matches etc. He does not seem to get the same benefit of IGT as others and his CSR certainly drops at times. He has been playing pretty regular apart from a week off because he was pretty tired about 3 weeks ago.

He also doesn't seem to get mentioned in the commentary as much as you might expect for one of your star players.

Do you think he's depressed?

Zagato wrote: »
    I was just wondering why my 20yr old backrow, who is my 2nd from top player in CSR is dropping his CSR albeit slowly between matches etc. He does not seem to get the same benefit of IGT as others and his CSR certainly drops at times. He has been playing pretty regular apart from a week off because he was pretty tired about 3 weeks ago.

He also doesn't seem to get mentioned in the commentary as much as you might expect for one of your star players.

I would guess its due to form dropping, if he is one of your highest players the slow drop in form overtime will have a visible enough drop in CSR. it will also boost when his form returns.

Does he play 6? I've noticed my 6 does not get mentioned much by name in commentary, but statswise gets through a lot of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

What is his form like? What match rating is he getting? I assume you are using BRM to check your stats during the week as that program shows the same for mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I remember i noticed the same thing with my best player. Its almost certainly decreasing form and the higher the CSR of the player the bigger the fluctuation. When his form gets better he'll recover the lost ground.

Is between 120-125KG and 190-195cm too tall for a pair of props?? my hooker is 185cm, i know in real life little barrels of men like Domingo are prefect size, but in BR its very hard to find (and expensive) to get 125kg 180cm players!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

Is between 120-125KG and 190-195cm too tall for a pair of props?? my hooker is 185cm, i know in real life little barrels of men like Domingo are prefect size, but in BR its very hard to find (and expensive) to get 125kg 180cm players!
    it would be a good boost to your lineout, an equal scrum with lower front row would have a very small advantage over yours though, the real problem i think would be getting good replacements the right height, acadamy front rows are usually in the 178-186 cm range. but in saying that loads of people go with tall front rows for the lineout advantage

• Advertisement

Do different types of training sessions use different amounts of energy. Need to regain as much energy as possible during the week, to maintain any chance of staying up.
    Don't want to completely waste my squad training sessions though.
    Would kicking say use less energy than stamina or defense?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bobarena

I don't think so Zagato, but as regards Team training sessions, remember you can always just change them to "Nothing, take a rest." If you have 4 team training sessions, remember that the 4th of these gives your players 40% of their energy hit for training. The 3rd give 30%. So, if you change your team training to 2 sessions of whatever skill and 2 "Nothing, Take a Rest", you'll save 70% of your energy. But that's not including the energy hit individual players are getting for individual training of course.

Was thinking of by passing individual and team training this week to preserve energy for the play-offs/community challenges n what not, any thoughts for or against this idea??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I had a quick look at your team and don't think it's overly needed for the play-offs for you. Most your team are pumped or supercharged and I would say you can beat Askeaton on a normal -v- ltnt saving.

Out of the other semi the warriors are the main threat looking art csr but a lot of the team are struggling with energy so the Bulls might take them if the warriors don't ltnt. If the warriors do ltnt most of their team will be severely struggling for fitness. The Bulls will need to ltnt to get through imo. So you should have an energy advantage either way even with training (if your trainees are important to yourr team maybe drop the individual training).

So imo it all comes down to how confident you are against Askeaton.

Oh and how much you really care about the cc.

So, this is starting to get pretty nerdy, but don't suppose there is anyway to set up a google calendar that will sync with my match schedule, so I can remind myself to pick team/tactics. Obviously though wouldn't be ideal if anyone else came across it in my calendar.

I'd feel a bit like Paul Rudd in Knocked Up when he gets caught at the fantasy baseball draft by his wife (It's worse than cheating :confused:)

Anyway back to the point: Is there anyway to sync fixtures to a calendar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Not too sure but you could always have a reminder on your phone every friday if its really an issue :p

Not really an issue. Mostly was just putting a calendar widget on my phone, and looking at how empty it is :(

Not really an issue. Mostly was just putting a calendar widget on my phone, and looking at how empty it is :(

Jaysus Zagato, you've got it BAD!! fill up you're calender widgit for the next 3 months by uploading the RWC warmup schedule and the RWC matches to your phone, keeps you looking nice and popular! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Was thinking of by passing individual and team training this week to preserve energy for the play-offs/community challenges n what not, any thoughts for or against this idea??
    mar-z wrote: »
    I had a quick look at your team and don't think it's overly needed for the play-offs for you. Most your team are pumped or supercharged and I would say you can beat Askeaton on a normal -v- ltnt saving.

Out of the other semi the warriors are the main threat looking art csr but a lot of the team are struggling with energy so the Bulls might take them if the warriors don't ltnt. If the warriors do ltnt most of their team will be severely struggling for fitness. The Bulls will need to ltnt to get through imo. So you should have an energy advantage either way even with training (if your trainees are important to yourr team maybe drop the individual training).

So imo it all comes down to how confident you are against Askeaton.

Oh and how much you really care about the cc.
    Jims, you should beat askeaton and youll nearly def be playing the warriors as rathkeale have gone Bot.

• Advertisement

My initial worry was to just get thru the playoffs without injuring my first team and also having 90%+ energy for them to LTNT the French CC team, but after seeing his squad I fear there's no hope, his team will destroy me on WNWIM I'm afraid! still gona LNT his anyway

Advertisement