Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

masters interview!

• 23-06-2009 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I have an interview for the MA in music composition tomorrow. Anyone have any ideas what i might be asked?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Talk about Stravinsky as much as humanly possible.

You do your degree in music this year here? Rob here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

+1 on Stravinsky, Martin O'Leary loves him.

And the majority of 20th composers as well actually. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Just be yourself, talk about any projects you're working and about how you're going to change the course of music history for the next 30 years.
    What you hope to achieve by studying composition at postgraduate level.
    List your composer likes/dislikes, any styles you're particularly fond of or any genres of popular/folk or electronic music which you find particularly interesting. Talk about how you love the Irish composition scene, which is pretty sweet these days.
    Just try to be friendly and honest, no point in discussing the merits of Webern or Stockhausen if you're not too fond of them.
    Oh and have fun!! The music dept here is pretty cool in terms of most places. =D

(Didn't do the interview as I'm only a lowly 2nd year, ^^
    but it's what I'd say if the chance were to arise!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 thelittleone

Thanks for the advice guys! yep just finished doing music here... the course isn't exactly what I want to do next year (not sure I want to stay in NUIM for another year!) but keeping my options open just incase:) fingers crossed it goes ok tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I'd say know something really well and get really excited about it. Of course, you're probably asleep by now...

• Advertisement
Advertisement