Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

after Interview - no call - nothing- annoying

• 23-06-2009 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

so frustrating, had it Friday morning but heard nothing yet and the principal said she would be in touch. Anyone else in this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I waited 3 weeks for a reply after the interview that got me my job. The principal was busy with other interviews, etc, and didn't get a chance to get back to anyone she had interviewed around the same time as me. It hasn't even been that long. Be patient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

did principal say when she'd be in touch? maybe more interviews were on this week, we have sometimes had interviews spaced out over a week. Also, end of year very busy in school with book lists, pupils moving to new classes to be sorted, jnr infants to be "meeted and greeted" (well in primary school anyway). I'd wait a few more days before I'd get in touch. While its probably at the top of your agenda, principal probably has heaps more stuff to do that has to be done before end of school year. Best of luck.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've been waiting 8 weeks for a reply back from a school about my H.Dip. >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭franktennis

The interview lasted 45 mins and 2 others went for it. She said she would be in touch. It is hard waiting. Even a text message i explode with excitement. I would love to know either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Well it's only been 5 days since the interview, and there could have been more interviews this week. Not that long a wait really. When I was starting out I did an interview in Sligo and three others went for the interview, one was a friend and rang them the following day to withdraw her name as she was offered a job. To this day I never heard back from them and I had travelled from Limerick for it. Give it another week or two anyway. Schools usually shut down around the start of July so it'll probably be sorted by then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭01mirelly

if any off you have been waiting 2-3weeks for word back from a school about teaching practice ring and follow up on your CV. It the only way. Dont leave it any later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭marblesolutions

I went for an interview on Tuesday and havent heard back yet feel awful convinced at this stage I haven't got the job. Let us know how you get on.
    As most heads are going away for July i am sure they will contact the successful candidate straight away and get contracts signed etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dublintuition

You may have to wait a little longer, and maybe in an extreme case, until the end of August. I've known friends who haven't been called re: interviews until September!!

Advertisement