Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 10: Highest Paid Characters In Video Games

Options
  • 23-06-2009 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

view_320200_1_1244395318-70x70.jpg10. Commander Shepard (Mass Effect)
    As the main protagonist of the game and next in line to become an elite “Spectre,” Shepard gives the player in control the feeling of being a complete badass. Shepard undertakes several different missions and does whatever he can to get them done. Well worth the money.

[snip/]

Full list here: http://www.kokugamer.com/?p=6008

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Forgive my stupidity but whats this thread about :confused:

Highest paid characters? Solid snake gets an annual salary or something?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I hope they take inflation into account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

ya if video game characters got paid like film stars

But...

.. they don't get paid. And if anything, Mario gets useless pay on account of being just a plumber.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I wish that I was this creative and imaginative...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

But...

.. they don't get paid. And if anything, Mario gets useless pay on account of being just a plumber.
    WTF is wrong with being a plumber?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

ya if video game characters got paid like film stars

It might have helped if you copied the intro as well...

From Kokugamer*

Imagine if video game characters were sport athletes or movie stars. Which video game characters would have the highest paid salaries? I wanted to give a different take on the “Top 10 Video Game Characters” best-of lists we see so often in video game journalism. This usually leaves out characters that have faded away (such as Sonic) or characters that have died or only appeared in one game (although they may have shown some staying power). It also gives room for new characters that have made a big impact in recent years. These are ranked in order from the character who would receive the least amount to the ultimate paycheck for their next game.

They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel with these top ten lists.

*You should also credit the source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

yes i will put the link in when i get home
    link http://www.kokugamer.com/?p=6008

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Considering how much the top actors make and how many games each character is in per year Mario is the only one who could come close to challenging the likes of Tiger Woods, Beckham and Kaka. Your list is flawed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I would bet that's the only plumber making money these days... It's all DIY in this economy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Have you a link to backup that list or is just something you created yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Where's Sonic on that list?

The kind of prostitution he goes in for must pay a fortune.

I'm pretty sure being a Hedgehog isnt a well paid job. Even a dirty whore of a hedgehog.

WTF is wrong with being a plumber?:o

Absolutely nothing. I just doubt he gets paid more than the others. Well, maybe more than Link.

Hell, Ryu cant even afford sleeves on his shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Kiith wrote: »
    Hell, Ryu cant even afford sleeves on his shirt.

...or shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Not on this list: Lara Croft.
    Because these days, she'll turn tricks for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Havnt seen an epic fail thread on the games forum like this before in ages. Ah well OP , you tried.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Surely the richest characters in video game history are all those mega corporation bosses I've been killing fo the last 20 years.?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

The writer seems to have written the list as if these characters were actors and would get money from the sale of games. In which case it looks at least a bit biased towards the characters the writer knows or likes.

• Advertisement

I thought it was how much these video game characters have made for the corporations through game sales.

Advertisement