Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start back date?

• 23-06-2009 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

Title says it all, what date does it all begin again in September?
    Roughly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Roughly the the third week of September for 1st years and the fourth week of September for other years.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

28th Sep for returnees.

Do people think it's worth going to the 1st year orientation week? I'm transferring to maynooth to go into 2nd year so won't really be a fresher and none of my planned housemates will be around either so I'll be a bit alone. And might have to pay the full months rent too. Not sure if it's worth it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 myusernameis

i didnt really find orientation week really that useful to be honest, i did find it good to meet new people but i didn't even really become good friends or anything with them and sure you won't be meeting any of your classmates so it doesn't seem that all that useful. Although you do get a library introduction but its hardly confusing there is signs for which subjects and where to go but you might just have to register though in your orientation week so possibly bear that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭raviravi

14th sept for first year orientation and 21st sept start of lectures!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭pakblue

Not really but everyone is SUPER friendly as you are all knew and know no one.

Funny fact everyone I met during orientation week dropped out par one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Sweetcorn01

sure you won't be meeting any of your classmates so it doesn't seem that all that useful.

Yeah you will meet classmates. Orientation is done in groups from the same courses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 myusernameis

Yeah you will meet classmates. Orientation is done in groups from the same courses

sure he's transferring into second year, is it not just first years that meet up in orientation week to meet their classmates?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Sweetcorn01

sure he's transferring into second year, is it not just first years that meet up in orientation week to meet their classmates?

Yeah true, prob not as useful if you're going into second year

Advertisement