Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom modem deposit issue

Options
  • 23-06-2009 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

when i signed up to eircom broadband in april in the local 3G store(who were most helpful) i was told several things about my new bundle package

1.there was free connection.

2.the modem was free.

3.there was a security deposit of €29.99 to be paid to take the modem with me that day as my bank details were not verified but this would appear as a credit on my second bill.

4.the first month of broadband was free and this would appear as a credit on my first bill.

i got the 1st month free but not the modem credit.

i have rang eircom several times to sort this out but seem to be getting nowhere as the customer service agents i have spoken to have told me that the credit on my first bill is the return of the modem deposit but this leaves my free months broadband which they also claim is on the first bill but are unable to say where!

another person told me there was no modem deposit and that the €29.99 was a broadband connection charge(see 1. above), indeed the last person i spoke to told me i would not get any credit for the modem deposit no matter who i spoke to and then put the call on hold and "forgot" about me.

it is only €29.99 but these days that is a lot of money!

does anyone know if there a proper email address to send a complaint to eircom as i can not find any address on any of the eircom sites?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Do you have a receipt from the 3G store that says deposit? Go back to them, as you gave them the money in the first place.

Advertisement