Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Dublin Bus shelters made of glass

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 reamie

I live in Dublin South and bus shelters all down the road and outside my house have been smashed to bits twice in the last two months. The glass wasn't cleared up properly by whoever fixed them DAYS later, which led to a lovely flat tyre! Also encouraged vandals to go after car windows too, mine being one of them. If plastic is not a viable option and they are unwilling to clean up properly, they should at least use laminate glass sheets!!!! This would result in clear, bus shelter glass free streets.
    DANG333 is right tho. I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives, I wonder who ADSHEL's shareholders are............

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

reamie wrote: »
    DANG333 is right tho. I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives, I wonder who ADSHEL's shareholders are............

They're owned by Clear Channel, a huge multinational media firm. Not 123 Windows!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 reamie

Wow, well researched, hope it didn't take too long...........though I still think it is a ridiculous, messy and expensive premise, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion without narkiness, or maybe that's the only type of reply some people feel able to give. :p

Advertisement