Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loose Glass in Door Panel

Options
  • 23-06-2009 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

Anyone got any ideas as to what I could do to firm up on some loose sections in a coloured glass door panel. The pieces are set in lead but have become loose from wear and tear over the years. All in great condition but just rattly and loose, that's all. If I try to remove it, I fear it will collapse as soon as I remove the beading holding it in position.
    TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Payton

Try some clear silicone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

What colour is the wood surrounding? Had similar problem with an ex's doors. I broke the top off a match stick and used the stick itself to wedge in against the pane and topped with a small drop of glue to hold stick in place. Was almost invisible. Her doors were made of pine though.

If not then the silicone could also work. Just push the pane forward slightly when applying this and be careful to let it set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭Abraham

Try some clear silicone
    OK and tks for that.
    Door timber is painted white.
    Where to go for the Silicone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Payton

Most hardware stores will do it, or Woodies and B+Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭Abraham

Most hardware stores will do it, or Woodies and B+Q
    Tks for advice. Silicone worked a treat.
    Slow to do but easy enough and good solid job afterwards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement