Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Ordinary Degree to Honours Degree

Options
  • 23-06-2009 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

Have finished my Ordinary degree and was wondering do I have to apply to move on to the Honours degree or will the college let me know if I got good enough results?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

You should be able to move up with no hassle if
    you have maintained at least a good 50%+ average across
    all your third year exams, i.e a merit.

You can still be considered even if you do not
    have a 50% average, as per the advanced entry handbook.
    A bit of enthusism would be a huge help though...

Should be no major problem at all if your course
    is related. The handbook does not explicitly need to
    state you can move up, the college board will decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Fromvert wrote: »
    Have finished my Ordinary degree and was wondering do I have to apply to move on to the Honours degree or will the college let me know if I got good enough results?
    Thanks

You need to contact the college asap, as the deadline for advanced entry has probably passed. I had to apply for DT081 before the exams started!
    I'm sure there won't be a problem as long as you do it asap, they are more lenient if you are already in DIT; my mate applied 3 weeks after deadline and was told the application would be considered.

Advertisement