Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unwanted car, Can I get some cash?

• 23-06-2009 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

I have unwanted old car without NCT, tax etc...
    Can I get some cash if I give that to recycle centre? Its too expensive to fix so I cant sale it. Any idea how can I get some cash?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

What is it?

I claim first refusal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Stick it in the broken and stolen for €300 and see what happens. What is it and what is wrong with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Need more details about the car.

You could maybe try to get rid of it in the free ads, but you could be up against it these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Dirr-Durr

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Stick it in the broken and stolen for €300 and see what happens. What is it and what is wrong with it?
    Just uneconomic to fix it. Its rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Dirr-Durr wrote: »

if you don't tell us what the car is and whats wrong with it, no-one can tell you if its worth anything...

if you disposing of the car, you will need and car breaker, and they are usually free, if you bring car to them, or there is a charge if they have to tow it to their yard

• Advertisement

Uneconomic to you might not mean uneconomic for everybody. There's lots of cars that will become economic writeoffs for the want of a new timing belt but most of the cost will be labour. A handy DIY'er will be able to do it themself and may pay a few quid for a car on that basis. Nobody's going to pay you anything on the basis of the scrap metal value but if you tell us what the car is and what is wrong with it, we may be able to point out someone who might place some value on the car or some of the parts.

robtri wrote: »
    if you don't tell us what the car is and whats wrong with it, no-one can tell you if its worth anything...

if you disposing of the car, you will need and car breaker, and they are usually free, if you bring car to them, or there is a charge if they have to tow it to their yard
    Doesnt matter, value is 400, to fix it and get NCT minimum 800. I just dont want this car front of my house anymore. In my country recycle company pay some cash for unwanted cars and they can collect that. I didnt know hows working in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Doesnt matter, value is 400, to fix it and get NCT minimum 800. I just dont want this car front of my house anymore. In my country recycle company pay some cash for unwanted cars and they can collect that. I didnt know hows working in Ireland.

Contact your vehicles importer and ask them where their end of life vehicle collection point is. If not contact your local council and ask about vehicle disposal. Only problem with these is that it's free to dispose of the vehicle but you have to pay for them to collect it, unless you've access to a car transporter of some type as car can't legally be moved on the road with tax or NCT. AFAIK it's usually ~€100 for collection.

Unfortunately since the down turn nobody is buying scrap so they won't pay for your car. That's why the posters here want to know what type of car it is as someone may find value in it for spares etc.

Del2005 wrote: »
    Contact your vehicles importer and ask them where their end of life vehicle collection point is. If not contact your local council and ask about vehicle disposal. Only problem with these is that it's free to dispose of the vehicle but you have to pay for them to collect it, unless you've access to a car transporter of some type as car can't legally be moved on the road with tax or NCT. AFAIK it's usually ~€100 for collection.

Unfortunately since the down turn nobody is buying scrap so they won't pay for your car. That's why the posters here want to know what type of car it is as someone may find value in it for spares etc.
    Thanks to everybody I think best way if I try to sale it (1eur or less :D) for spares. Its perfect to cheap, used carparts. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,747 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Thanks to everybody I think best way if I try to sale it (1eur or less :D) for spares. Its perfect to cheap, used carparts. ;)

What car is it? Why are you not telling us after people have asked you this several times?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

{Deep breath...calm....}

Excuse me kind sir but would you mind telling us if it's not too much trouble. What kind of ****ing car is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

DanGerMus wrote: »
    Excuse me kind sir but would you mind telling us if it's not too much trouble. What kind of ****ing car is it?

Is not from this country. Is secret!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

If its the right car and the right price, i'll take it off your hands!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Nobody wants your Communist little sh1t box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

In soviet Russia, you do not get car. Car get you.:rolleyes:

Anyway, What kind of car is it? For some people its not about how much money it costs to put on the road, it's about how many smiles they can get before it gets on the road, or how many hours of training/practice they can get out of fixing it them self.

Care to tell us, good sir?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Car is below. As you can see it's a custom job :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go2gV0vqUWg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

seeing as the car in question is such a mystery i think this thread should be merged with this one:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055534254

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

unkel wrote: »
    What car is it? Why are you not telling us after people have asked you this several times?
    Sounds like a wind up, I bet it dosn't exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

The main problem with it is the donkey died. Would fly through an NCT otherwise

donkey-car.jpg

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

lol.

While OP might be a windup, I am in the same boat, and nothing strange or mysterious though - just a '97 Hyundai Accent coupe (3 dr). Its on adverts going cheap! Any takers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

facepalmcollagebykatlad.jpg

It's value is how much somebody else is prepared to pay you for it, which may or may not be €400. Your chances of finding somebody to pay you anything at all are very much dependent on you disclosing to them what it is you're trying to sell and what it needs to pass an NCT. Nobody will pay you a penny without that information. At this point I'd recommend you just call your local council and have them pick it up and scrap it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Comrade, is bear included?

borat.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement