Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7 RC Questions

• 23-06-2009 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭

A couple of noob questions about windows 7.

I have a HP vista pc and want to use windows 7 RC (vista is desperate!)

I know there are various options to installing W7 RC, create a partition in vista or using the upgrade facility, or a virtual drive etc. I like the idea of upgrading from vista keeping my files etc intact but I am worried about a couple of things:

1. Will I be able to roll back to Vista whenever I want to without too much hassle i.e a complete reinstall, losing my data etc?

2. Will my HP recovery partition for Vista and vista os files be deleted or obsolete because of the upgrade? Can I still recover my PC back to factory condition?

3. If I choose the partition option; can I have three partitions on the one drive (1 = C drive, 2= HP Recovery, 3= Windows 7 RC)

4. If you can have any number of partitions, can you boot solely from the windows RC partition?

5. Will booting from a partition effectively mean windows 7 will run slower than the upgrade from vista option? Which is the better option?

Thanks for any help with these questions and sorry again for the noobness :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Check the window 7 thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

i checked the windows 7 thread before posting and after trawling through 50 odd pages didn't find what I was looking for:confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Na, I meant ask in that thread. Most of the people interested in Win7 are already subscribed to that thread, it might get more attention from people more likely to reply. :)

I'm on a mobile now and not bothered writing out a long reply, maybe tomorrow morning at a pc. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

Cheers :)

Advertisement