Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 years to get grass cut

Options
  • 24-06-2009 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

As other posters may know i moved to rush 2 years ago. Anyway this is great weather for the grass . As in there is a meadow now where the grass feild outside my house used to be. i rang fingal co co and they said the builder never paid the fee for the council to take it over. and the ( very nice lady) sid it may take up to 5 years.

in the mean time what the hell we going to do? its too big for my flymo. one of the main reasons i bought in this certain estate was that there is no management fees!!!!

The builders cut it themselves last year but now they have given up total hope of selling the rest of the houses. so they have totally gone off the radar!!

Its not just the grass the lights dont work, the road needs final layer of tar .

Has anyone else had this problem and what way have you gone about getting things sorted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Martron wrote: »
    the builder never paid the fee for the council to take it over. and the ( very nice lady) sid it may take up to 5 years
    My area is 14 years old and it hasn't been 'handed over' yet but at least the builder maintains it (at no extra cost to the residents).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Martron:

Your thread may get a better response in Accommodation & Property. I'm happy enough for it to be here as it is also a local issue. But if you want me to move it over there drop me a PM.

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

As other posters may know i moved to rush 2 years ago. Anyway this is great weather for the grass . As in there is a meadow now where the grass feild outside my house used to be. i rang fingal co co and they said the builder never paid the fee for the council to take it over. and the ( very nice lady) sid it may take up to 5 years.

in the mean time what the hell we going to do? its too big for my flymo. one of the main reasons i bought in this certain estate was that there is no management fees!!!!

The builders cut it themselves last year but now they have given up total hope of selling the rest of the houses. so they have totally gone off the radar!!

Its not just the grass the lights dont work, the road needs final layer of tar .

Has anyone else had this problem and what way have you gone about getting things sorted.

PM me with the details and I'll take it up with the council for you. Alternatively, you could email your other local councillors (depending on your persuasion!)

In the short term, you might want to chat with some of your neighbours about a temporary solution if you work together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

two words: residents committee. You'll have to set one up and take subs off the neighbours. You'll be waiting a while to get the CoCo to take the estate in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

we are in need of a residents commitee alright. mainly rented here though but i think we need to start it. Any suggestion on the way to go about doing something like that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

we are in need of a residents commitee alright. mainly rented here though but i think we need to start it. Any suggestion on the way to go about doing something like that

well i presume you talk to your neighbours? if even a small few of ye get together and get the ball rolling by putting flyers through all doors to highlight issues per above and invite to join committee. get quote from gardeners to cut grass etc and try and work out per house what kind of a sub you would need. as for rented accom if you can find out owners and contact them.

thanks i meant the formation of commitee not the grass cutting. ha ha.

Has anyone started a committee before ? any unwritten rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

My sister has, might be able to force her online for some tips... her and the other founders got a load of help/advice off the local Labour Party but I'd guess that other parties would be similarly interested.

well i suppose what i meant is what are the responsibilities of the residents commitee.

as in i dont mind helping out but i dont want to volunteer for a world of abuse either!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Martron if you need a venue for residents committee to meet pm me and I will give you a venue free of charge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

don't take no for an answer of the fingal CoCo. Get every councillor to put pressure on them. As far as I am aware the should have a bond from the builder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Get a goat.
    I live in the city and the council seem to have cut back on cutting grass here too. Normally our grass would be cut every week in summer but it was left uncut for several weeks last month and grew to a foot high.

Thanks LeoB.

I am not really expecting it cut every week and i know that there is cut backs .i think in total it was cut 3 times last year.

i have sent emails. no replys as of yet.

the problem is it gives the place an awful look. but sure all i can do is keep trying.

the road and the lights still need turning on but i think we can survive without them until they are sorted properly but i personally the place will fall into a state of disrepair with litter etc etc if the place looks un cared for ie meadow like grass.

all the neighbours seem to look after the small patch infront of their houses but the field is too big for domestic lawn mowers.

sure we will see how it goes.

anyone else have this experience?

Advertisement