Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eek, dying sensor?

• 24-06-2009 12:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

3655649898_9f7f1461de.jpg?v=0

this was a 5min+ exposure at f22. You can see the purple haze in the top left corner. "Normal" pictures are fine, it just seems my long exposures are ruined my this. I'd imagine the sensor's giving out? It's an old D70 with about a gazillion actuations. Anyone know if there's a cheap quick fix for this or is it time to put the old horse down?

Thanks,
    Ger.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

gerk86 wrote: »
    3655649898_9f7f1461de.jpg?v=0

this was a 5min+ exposure at f22. You can see the purple haze in the top left corner. "Normal" pictures are fine, it just seems my long exposures are ruined my this. I'd imagine the sensor's giving out? It's an old D70 with about a gazillion actuations. Anyone know if there's a cheap quick fix for this or is it time to put the old horse down?

Thanks,
    Ger.

no, still should be fine. what happens with long exposures is the sensor heats up alot. the warm weather now will effect it even more. i wouldnt worry about it. people are still using older dslr's with no problems. the shutter is nearly always the first thing to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

what exactly were you shooting? how dark was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

starry sky with a gate in the foreground. Pitch black apart from starlight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Does the D70 have long exposure Noise Reduction option in the menu?

EDIT: Google is your friend

Advertisement