Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over rated albums -NOT

Options
  • 24-06-2009 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭

The following may be over played / hyped - but for good reason

Rory Gallagher Irish Tour 74
    Rory Gallagher Live in Europe
    Thin Lizzy Live and Dangerous
    The Doors LA Woman
    Bob Dylan Blonde on Blonde
    Bob Dylan Blood on the Tracks
    David Bowie Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
    ACDC Back in Black ( given time ... Black Ice too )
    ACDC Highway to Hell
    Bjork Debut
    Joni Mitchell Blue
    Led Zeppelin 1-4 inclusive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I wouldn't say any of those albums are over-hyped. Well, maybe Bjork's debut album is a little. I could listen to most of those albums over and over without getting sick of them. But what are you saying, do you like them or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

Sorry for not being clear

Those are albums I have listened to in some cases for decades . And will continue to do so .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

Couple of artists there I have never been able to get into, especially ACDC:
    I just don't get it

• Registered Users Posts: 6 delayed11

you "don't get" AC/DC........

pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Shane_C wrote: »
    I just don't get it

I was once like you.......Then my mate showed me a DVD of Ac/Dc with Bon Scott (the original singer).....then I understood.
    They rocked. They were an out and out rock n'roll band. Just really good Fun.

Bob Dylan is another I just didn't get until recently when I went out and bought one of his earliest albums (because a book I was reading kept mentioning it)........I was totally blown away and I mean totally.

I'm a big Beatles fan but Bob was incredible in his hey day. I have no interest in listening to him play live now as his voice is completely shot, but back in the sixties he was unrivalled, and for me the best music ever recorded was recorded in the sixties. There are far too many very mediocre bands mincing around these days with thick eyeliner and skinny jeans hugging their hips trying to pass themselves off as proper Rock n'Rollers.....

• Advertisement

delayed11 wrote: »
    you "don't get" AC/DC........

pity.

:D
    claiva wrote: »
    I was once like you.......Then my mate showed me a DVD of Ac/Dc with Bon Scott (the original singer).....then I understood.
    They rocked. They were an out and out rock n'roll band. Just really good Fun.

Thats what I don't get.
    The Fratellis are really good fun but they don't have the legions of fans.
    The Bled are an out and out rock'n'roll band but they don't have the legions of fans either.

I mean I "get" it, i just can't get excited over it like others do.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Obleroza

I just don't get it

At last another!
    i thought I was alone!

AC/DC = pure cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

rory can never be rated enough!

legend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭RayCon

Thats what I don't get.
    The Fratellis are really good fun but they don't have the legions of fans.
    The Bled are an out and out rock'n'roll band but they don't have the legions of fans either.

If I may so bold ... there's your first problem there ... comparing AC/DC to The Bled and The Fratellis.

That like saying I don't understand why millions of people enjoy watching Barcelona FC but only a couple of hundred show up to watch Bray Wanderers ... sure isn't it all football :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭RayCon

rory can never be rated enough!

legend

This is the true-est post ever in the history of the internet.

• Advertisement

RayCon wrote: »
    If I may so bold ... there's your first problem there ... comparing AC/DC to The Bled and The Fratellis.

That like saying I don't understand why millions of people enjoy watching Barcelona FC but only a couple of hundred show up to watch Bray Wanderers ... sure isn't it all football :rolleyes:

evidence or opinion?
    How about you take a barcelona game and dissect every part of it, then get a bray wandereds game and dissect it too. Compare that.
    Then put all the pieces together and see how well they fit. Compare that.
    Popular opinion when it comes to music is irrelevant. How much support does the average classic composer or jazz master have?
    Actually I might have answered my own question there

Advertisement