Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Wardens?

Options
  • 24-06-2009 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

Iolar wrote: »
    Who are the working for?the ones in newbridge and kildare,are they council?

The council have the contract given out to a third party called APCOA. They have a 2 year contract and are only about 6 months in i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

A friend of mine works for Parkrite who had the contract before. He used to be warden in Newbridge/Kildare but now works in Leixlip/Celbridge since they lost the contract.

From what i've been told they are an awful shower. They are seemingly getting more complaints than Parkrite did and have zero customer service. They are just ignorant about it. There's no talking to them.

Now all this i'm hearing from a Parkrite point of view so how true it is i cant be 100% sure. But what i'm told is that the council aren't too happy with whats going on. They went with the cheaper option but are now being faced with disgruntled locals and a lot of complaints.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

This is silly. If you pay for your parking (and it ain't Dublin prices) then you will have no bother.

Only people who seem exempt and allowed to park on double yellows are pikeys and taxis. The rest of us have to pay the fine and pay for our parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

Iolar wrote: »
    Where did ya draw that conclusion?

Observation. Stick your head outside Xtravision and see the taxis both sides of the road with no paid parking. Then look out for new Passats with blacked out windows, new C-class mercs, vans with gutters on top and you will see no parking ticket anywhere in town. Same cars all in Piercetown and I pass thorough it often enough to know who owns what.

• Advertisement
Advertisement