Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spiked drinks in Nightclub

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

kona wrote: »
    It actually a halluciganetic(yes i cant spell) isnt it? I know if you boil it, its great craic altogether.

Youd probably be seeing old foreign guys riding elephants over the alps towards you:P

No this is just a myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

I was spiked twice in Meath in the last twelve months, horrible experience.

First time was in Trim last July, I was out with my younger brother (a pioneer) and a few mates, having a laugh, just 3 or 4 bottles of beer. I went to get another one and my brother said the change he saw in one bottle was phenomenal, he said I was fit for bed, and this was at half twelve, not 3am where fatigue and a feed of drink play a big part. On that particular night I lost a phone and a jacket.

Second time was in Navan just after Christmas, and I remember a pair of girls at the bar in one of the town's nightclubs asking me to reach over and get them plastic straws. I obliged, inadvertently turning my back on my own drink in the process, and within 20 minutes I was in an awful state again, having to sit down for the rest of the night and wait for the others til they were ready for a taxi. Amazing how you can remember all your actions and who you were talking to and all the rest, and then you're written off like that.

It happens, and the funny thing is the nights on which it has happened me have been the easygoing nights where you're just out for a few drinks and a laugh. I'd be the first to put my hand up and say if drink had played a part on either occasion, but I know it didn't. A pioneer brother will vouch for my turnaround on the first occasion, and my own memory and sudden loss thereof will vouch for the second time.

Does anyone else find it strange that people who don't drink alcohol never get their drink spiked?

Was that last comment a thread kill?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Jafin wrote: »
    ......did you just agree with your own statement?

I think he did yes. Silly boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Dave147 wrote: »
    I think he did yes. Silly boy.

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭YraggarY

Actually no, I did not agree with my own statement. The post before mine, by Victor, said: "There is more in Absinthe than just alcohol."
    I quoted what I had said before, the most important part being the following: "... has nothing to do with the effects that absinthe will have on you, due to the various ingredients that absinthe is made from, and also its alcohol content."

I quoted what I had previously written to re-iterate this point, that the effects of the alcohol plays only one part in the effect that absinthe has on both your mind and body due to the other ingredients in it - wormwood and other herbs. Thereby also re-iterating the fact that the amount of a certain type of alcohol that one person drinks cannot be compared to the effects a certain other type of alcohol would have on another person, therefore largely discounting the idea of the girl in question simply having had too much to drink; leading us back to the topic at hand - spiked drinks in nightclubs.

My apologies if that was not very clear; I assumed it would be.

- Gary

(Apologies for this somewhat off-topic reply, and also for the fact that I have not yet mastered the art of multi-quoting!)

tuxy wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it strange that people who don't drink alcohol never get their drink spiked?

Do you know what, on two occasions I have had a female friend collapse while out with me, neither of these incidents had anything to do with drinks being spiked the silly girl just drank too much/ate too little or a combination of the above. Why are people so reluctant to examine their own behaviour first?

People who jump to the conclusion they've had a drink spiked, imo, show a complete lack of self awareness and cop on.

Where are the people who witnessed someone dropping something into their/somebody elses drinks????? Is there suddenly such a thing as the perfect crime that no-one ever got caught??

And as tuxy asked, where are the people whose sparkling waters got spiked???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,700 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

She doesn't drink huge amount in the premises (does it all beforehand) but one minute she was sober and the next ... elephants

You sound like a terribly irresponsible parent to me. How old is your daughter?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Regarding Rohypnol I went through a time last year where I had chronic insomnia and failing all other sleepers my doctor prescribed me with rohypnol. It completely knocked me out for 12 hours straight. Dont remember falling asleep.

The OP said her daughter drank it all beforehand and then had a shot. Well I know when I have a few drinks and then a shot it really hits me and I dont remember much the next day. I think this is what happens with girls. To be honest I have often woken up and not known how I got home:o. I am only saying this so you will see that perhaps she wasnt spiked at all! I bet she just went the way I do when I drink shots and I tend not to do it often due to that reason! My boyfriend doesnt react as bad as I do. I think it particularly affects girls as we are smaller. Regarding the elephants she said she saw? She was probably just locked and people can hallucinate with strong alcohol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭darcy.jonny

if only all parents were as nieve as you ..... it would be great come home arseee faced and say jesus i think i was spiked hahahaa

wouldnt life have been great .......

to be honest if i though i was spiked what so ever i would be down to the clinic straight away for test to see what was it was .

this is an old myth thats cycled around for years getting new twists on it ...

remember the whole dealers spiking people with drugs to get them hooked ........... problem was how did anyone ever know what there hooked on

dont be so nieve in the future . y would anyone spike a ramdom girls drink . id shes going to go off with someone how can you be sure its going to be you unless uve been paying attention talking buying drinks dancing with them all night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

i caught the fella who tried to spike me. Stupid fooker had a big dopey head on him so I said to me mates it must have been me man cos he wont stop looking at me. The little shoite head admitted it then. Meh no harm no foul. I copped on straight away so only got a little light headed for a minute or two. Then I just piled the drink into me and was in bits. Good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

seanybiker wrote: »
    i caught the fella who tried to spike me. Stupid fooker had a big dopey head on him so I said to me mates it must have been me man cos he wont stop looking at me. The little shoite head admitted it then. Meh no harm no foul. I copped on straight away so only got a little light headed for a minute or two. Then I just piled the drink into me and was in bits. Good times.

Almost got wasted, realised what was happening, sorted it out, then got wasted. Nice. :pac:
    Anyone care to share where I can get some free drugs? I mean what kind of idiots wastes their stash on random drinks!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Ivory

Oooh scary foreign fellas. I've been a foreigner half my life and here's my take on this scenario... Maybe if you weren't so apt to prejudice you might give the guy the benefit of the doubt and consider that maybe he was watching the situation unfold because he was worried for the kid's welfare. It doesn't appear from the story you've bought from your daughter that this is the same guy who bought the shots. Seems like your daughter knows well how to push your buttons and manipulate you. Throw in a foreigner and all negative attention deflects from her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

amacachi wrote: »
    Almost got wasted, realised what was happening, sorted it out, then got wasted. Nice. :pac:
    Anyone care to share where I can get some free drugs? I mean what kind of idiots wastes their stash on random drinks!?
    Not really into drugs. Rather me beer tbh. Dont think people are gonna spike me drink with a bit of weed sadly.

I remember one of me mates older brother telling a few of us years ago that he used to love going to discos and spiking people just to laugh at them in bits. He thought we where all weird when we pointed out its a waste of money and drugs and that he was a fool for doing it.
    Ha another fella I know gives out because nobody ever spiked him. He would go over and say thanks if he seen someone doing it to his pint

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

I go out regularly in Trim (I'm 18), and I have seen my fair few shifty older men hanging around the local bars, and I know what happened wasn't nice at all. But what was she thinking taking a drink from a shifty man she didn't know?
    I think it's great that you know how much she has had, and that you can monitor what she had at home, but if you think she is responsible enough to go out to pubs shouldn't she be responsible enough to know not to take drinks from strange men?

Some girls are so stupid when they go out on their own. I am obviously a girl and so I know what goes on. The drunker they get they will accept a drink off anyone and think its great to get as much free drink as possible so if they get spiked it is really their own faults. You should not accept drinks from just anyone. I dont think there is that much spiking going on, I reckon it is a case of not being able to handle your drink, waking up with a sore head and blaming it on a phantom spiker!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

seanybiker wrote: »
    Not really into drugs. Rather me beer tbh. Dont think people are gonna spike me drink with a bit of weed sadly.

I remember one of me mates older brother telling a few of us years ago that he used to love going to discos and spiking people just to laugh at them in bits. He thought we where all weird when we pointed out its a waste of money and drugs and that he was a fool for doing it.
    Ha another fella I know gives out because nobody ever spiked him. He would go over and say thanks if he seen someone doing it to his pint

Aye, I'm always disappointed when I get back to a drink and my mates tell me no-one spiked it. :(

amacachi wrote: »
    Aye, I'm always disappointed when I get back to a drink and my mates tell me no-one spiked it. :(

Yeah such a stupid thing to think! Some people arent well in the head. Imagine wanting your drink to be spiked!

Advertisement