Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comparing UCD and DCU International Relations courses

Options
  • 24-06-2009 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

I've been offered a place in the History, Politics and International Relations course in UCD.

Can anybody tell me how this differs to the DCU International Relations course? And maybe offer an opinion on which is better? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

I've heard better things about DCU, but not a whole lot about either in terms of international relations. I know the politics department in UCD, and in general it was okay, but I wouldn't hugely recommend it beyond one or two lecturers. Particularly if you did your undergrad in UCD.

There's a bunch of threads in the postgrad forum about international relations courses in general, you might find 'em helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 beautifulmeath

Hi, I've just finished my first year on the History, Politics and International Relations (HPIR) course in UCD.

Although it is a fantastic course, don't be fooled like we were-you don't actually study International Relations, but rather study History and Politics because International Relations is part of both.

A great thing about this course is that you will be a small group and outings, etc will be arranged, so you will have the best of friends in that group of 11 or 12 people. And you will meet with th 2nd and 3rd years on a regular basis-that means me and my gang!!!

Any more questions, give me a shout.

PS How have you been offered it before the CAO offers are released?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Applied as mature student, UCD sent me a letter about a week before 'round zero' of CAO offers.

I accepted anyway so I'll be seeing you in September I'm sure! :) By the way I saw a post of yours about IR from earlier in the year that was very helpful, so cheers!

Ah I get ya!

OK so give me a shout if you require more info..and I guess I'll be seeing you at the wine reception in September when we all meet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 strokeseat

i guess ill be seeing both of you, funklegunk and beautifulmeath, cause i got my offer today and im glad to hear that the course is interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 yellow belly du

I am 10 points short of history, politics and international relations! :mad: Ah well, I never really aimed for it as I knew doing history and politics through arts would be the exact same, but now I see how much it has come down and I easily could have got it if I put the effort in! Who knows, I might get it offered in round 2. Enjoy the course anybody who got it anyway.

strokeseat wrote: »
    i guess ill be seeing both of you, funklegunk and beautifulmeath, cause i got my offer today and im glad to hear that the course is interesting.

Great, see you there. And congrats on getting the course! :D

strokeseat wrote: »

Brilliant...I'll get in contact with the other 2nd years aand we'll try and arrange a group outing for first, second and third year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 blinkers

yellow belly du I missed it by 5 points...such a kick in the teeth!

actually scratch that, unless i get a scholarship or someone gives me 14850 euro im not going to stay in ireland at all let alone UCD

• Advertisement

You're not eligible for free fees then?

if only, aib wont even get my hopes up on giving a loan

Advertisement