Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study hours and motivation

Options
  • 24-06-2009 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi all

Just wondering how many hours those of you are studying are spending hard at it these long Summer days?

I try and do 2-3 hours per day but hard very hard :cool:

So looking for some motivation and ideas of how many hours ye put in

Thanks
    Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Nelson Muntz

What are you studying & how are you studying? Books? CBT videos? Vitual Lab?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭noel123ie

What are you studying & how are you studying? Books? CBT videos? Vitual Lab?

Hi just done mcsa and not doing mcp 284 and 299 to get mcsa security and messaging

noel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Put about the same in (2 - 3hrs) per day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

I read years ago in some exam prep guide (might have been an MS one) that it was a good idea to plan to do 15 minutes a day to get you started and then to keep going for however long your interest stays. I found that good advice as its the "getting started" that I find the real problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Just make sure you get quality time in and make the study as interesting as you can.

Not outside distractions.
    No breaks every 2 minutes.
    Focus on what you're studying. Don't just read something and move on. Make sure you understand it.
    Make the study interesting. Don't just read stuff, watch video lectures as well. DO what you're studying, i.e. set up a lab and go through the tasks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I'd reduce the amount of time too 3 hours is pretty long

i usually take an hour or so out in work a day.

you generally stop taken info in after an hour or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

I find audio books really good, esp if you've got a commute. I also found it handy to listen to a couple of chapters in advance to reading them.

I converted my video lectures to mp3's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

I dont study in summer (tho I am breaking my own rules for next week)

I always suggest people study when there is less going on so that they are more effective. Studying when its BBQ weather and people are going to beer gardens aint good.

Studying when its pissing rain or what have you is much easier.

I did a post on this and it might help..

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Nelson Muntz

A lab is the way to go for sure. Set up a virtual domain and get your hands dirty. A couple of hours a day of this will be a great way of learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Up untill two weeks ago - 6 - 7 hours.
    Weekends - 15-17 hours total

• Advertisement
Advertisement