Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best barbers to go to in town...

Options
  • 24-06-2009 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

In around grafton\dawson\westmoreland street. Havent used some of them in a while..Is the Waldorf still good...Any suggestions appreciated...Just looking for someone who doesnt scalp and gives a good cut...Usually pay around €15..Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I don't use the city centre barbers so I can't offer any suggestions. Perhaps asking in the Region/East/Dublin City forum might garner a better response?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

OldGoat wrote: »
    I don't use the city centre barbers so I can't offer any suggestions. Perhaps asking in the Region/East/Dublin City forum might garner a better response?

No problem..Is it possible for a mod to move to Dublin city forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Moved from FAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

There's a Turkish one on Aungier St, it's quite small, but good. Staff in there are good for a chat.

Think it's €12 a cut. Maybe €15 wash & cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

The green dolphin on Sth Anne St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Matches

Bedford Stuy in Templebar is very good.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

the grafton barber... havent been in a while but used to be excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Yeah, Grafton barbers, a little overprice, but excellent service, beer or coffee, amazing head massage and beautiful girls.

(oh, and a haircut)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

lightening wrote: »
    Yeah, Grafton barbers, a little overprice, but excellent service, beer or coffee, amazing head massage and beautiful girls.

(oh, and a haircut)

I use them and all the above is true! And you do get a decent haircut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

im sure lots will agree the best barbers is Trinity barbers beside Doyles Corner...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭JoeJC

Hey, I go to the Waldorf on Westmorland Street, having switched from the Grafton Barber, and I love it. That 50s/60s feel is superb and it makes me nostalgic, even though I'm only 18! They are pricey enough (between 16-18 euro...cant quite remember) but they give you a bang up service and give you what you ask for. A relaxing place also.

The Grafton Barber is good but there is a lot of hype surrounding it in my opinion. Ive been about 4/5 times and found a couple of staff members to be quite rude/cocky also but thats just my experience. its a comfortable and fancy place anyway.

Me, I would thoroughly recommend the Waldorf.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

Cheers guys..Used to go to barbers besides Doyles corner..Just drifted out of it.....Will check around now, have been to all of them bar Turkish one and Grafton...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭affroman69

SAMS BARBERS on lower ormand quay . . 2mins from jervis centre

used all the barbers in town but stuck with this one . . head massage and stuff aswell . . very good . . ( ask for james)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

the grafton barber... havent been in a while but used to be excellent

Was ok at the start but really depends who you get in there. Havent been back since I got an awful cut from some scroty woman. Not for €20 anyway.
    Fajitas! wrote: »
    There's a Turkish one on Aungier St, it's quite small, but good. Staff in there are good for a chat.

Think it's €12 a cut. Maybe €15 wash & cut.

These guys are pretty good but not to popular for longer hair. Short cuts they do quite well though and €8 with student discount!
    Táck wrote: »
    im sure lots will agree the best barbers is Trinity barbers beside Doyles Corner...

Got a mediocre cut in there before and the price was over the top.

The best place Ive tried in the last while is a small reggae themed place just off Camden st. beside the "Fresh" shop that used to be the big spar. Cant think of its name but the cuts are great, €14 and the guys are very professional and friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Jacks Barbers on Montague Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The Merchant Barbers in Temple Bar.
    Big red building just beside the the lane to the ha' penny bridge.

Always do a top notch job, the guys are really sound.
    More expensive than most spots i'll give you that. €15-€20 a cut, can't remember as i haven't had a haircut in a while. :p

Costs a bit, but you get more than what you pay for tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭samurai kebab

CianRyan wrote: »
    The Merchant Barbers in Temple Bar.
    Big red building just beside the the lane to the ha' penny bridge.

Always do a top notch job, the guys are really sound.
    More expensive than most spots i'll give you that. €15-€20 a cut, can't remember as i haven't had a haircut in a while. :p

Costs a bit, but you get more than what you pay for tbh.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's already too full whenever I go in there don't need half the internet knowing about it:P but tbf best haircuts in ireland in that place easily worth the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭LovetohateTV

Gmale Barbers in Ranelagh is good place for a cut!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

affroman69 wrote: »
    SAMS BARBERS on lower ormand quay . . 2mins from jervis centre

used all the barbers in town but stuck with this one . . head massage and stuff aswell . . very good . . ( ask for james)

+1 for Sam's Barbers, good place, great staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

15-20 quid for a dry cut. Are ye mad?

I use Cecils in Ringsend for a tenner, got a No.2 done recently by a foreign girl working there.
    Talk about cutting hair like a sculptor within 7 minutes, perfection! :)

I used to go to a small barbers at Harts corner for 12quid, but they are too chatty and take too long to cut a bit of hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

I have started going to the Grafton Barber the last few months and I can say that it is the best barbers I have ever been to.

€17 for a haircut with coffee or Tiger Beer and a real relaxing atmosphere and service.They put some time into each client to make sure it is a good haircut and I have found them to be the most consistent.I got fed up of paying €12 for a haircut in my local barber.Price seems to go up even during the recession and the service remains the same.In,get chopped and go home.

If you go to The Grafton Barber,the best person to get is Stephen (I think).He is from Tyrone and gives the best haircuts and is bang on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭ToTheSea:

blackbelt wrote: »
    I have started going to the Grafton Barber the last few months and I can say that it is the best barbers I have ever been to.

€17 for a haircut with coffee or Tiger Beer and a real relaxing atmosphere and service.They put some time into each client to make sure it is a good haircut and I have found them to be the most consistent.I got fed up of paying €12 for a haircut in my local barber.Price seems to go up even during the recession and the service remains the same.In,get chopped and go home.

If you go to The Grafton Barber,the best person to get is Stephen (I think).He is from Tyrone and gives the best haircuts and is bang on.

I never get a tiger beer?! which grafton barber do you use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭LovetohateTV

Thats funny cause i always get a couple of bottles of Cobra beer in Gmale when i get my haircut, the Aisan beers must be popular with the barber industry lol.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I go to the grooming rooms great place

http://www.thegroomingrooms.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

ToTheSea: wrote: »
    I never get a tiger beer?! which grafton barber do you use?

The one on Grafton Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭ToTheSea:

blackbelt wrote: »
    The one on Grafton Street.
    hmm odd. i use the one just off G st near eddie rockets and have never been offered/seen anyone offered a beer

Advertisement