Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Levelling dip in lawn

Options
  • 24-06-2009 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

There's a round dip/ hole in the middle of my lawn where a flower bed used to be.
    The bed is long since gone and grass has grown over it, but the dip is still there and quite obvious.
    Could I just get some soil, pour it over the dip and plant some grass over it, or is there another way I should be doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

If you keep dressing the hole with successive thin layers of soil, the grass will grow through and not need reseeding.
    Alternatively you can dig the sod out, level the hole allowing for the sod to be replaced and leave it.
    This time of year grass growth is massive, I would be tempted to just give it a few dressings@ 1" or so and it will be gone in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Thanks!
    The grass is growing like mad, so I like the idea of an inch covering of soil.
    I guess the hole is about 6" deep, so it shouldn't take too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

A week or two and you will be fine, My grass is growing about half an inch a day at the moment.

Advertisement